• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Finally a conclusion - the fuse is a really good disc, but it has lost out in competition with the comet. For me, the fuse requires a bit too much speed in my opinion to be a truly finesse/touch disc, and that's the main reason why the comet will stay in the bag. A new fuse isn't different enough from a beat roc to find a place in my bag as a power turnover midrange, either.

For those looking for a good turnover and/or hyzerflip to straight midrange, the fuse is your disc.

victorb said:
Finally a conclusion - the fuse is a really good disc, but it has lost out in competition with the comet. For me, the fuse requires a bit too much speed in my opinion to be a truly finesse/touch disc, and that's the main reason why the comet will stay in the bag. A new fuse isn't different enough from a beat roc to find a place in my bag as a power turnover midrange, either.

For those looking for a good turnover and/or hyzerflip to straight midrange, the fuse is your disc.

what'shisname said:
Anyone looking to dump a fuse for a comet, let me know. I've got a couple Z's, an ESP and an X I'd trade away for a fuse.

Hi there.

How does the dome on the Fuse look? Mine is has more dome then any other disc in my bag and its move overstable then any buzzz I have either. I'm just trying to figure out why people keep comparing this to a comet when mine is nothing like it.

Mine looks like a nice mildly domed Roc, very close to flat. A domey one might be kind of useful, though. I could a use an overstable one.

What emiller3 said, though turso does have one Opto Fuse that's considerably domier, but it's more understable than the other Fuses.

discspeed said:
I think stability is quite weight dependent with the Fuse. I picked up two more GLs that felt identical to my first. My 3 ended up weighing 176, 177, and 178. Each gram heavier correlates with a slight boost in stability. My 177g orange Opto is still the most overstable of the lot. It is also the domiest.

Received a 176 Opto in orange this AM.......very nice disc that goes forever.

I think the Fuse is here to stay in my bag. I'll be phasing the Meteor out with the Fuse and using the Fuse for pretty much everything except wind and hyzer shots. The Fuse and Meteor are a lot alike, but my one complain about the Meteor would be its tendency to turn and burn on low shots, and I've yet to do that with a Fuse. My gold line Fuse has already changed its flight after just a couple rounds, so it shouldn't be long before the Meteors are out.

I was hoping a max weight Fuse might be slightly overstable, and although I haven't tried any Optos, I just don't think that's going to happen. I'm going to have to keep another overstable mid in the bag. I like Rocs, I've been accurate with them since I started using them, but with all of the low ceilings and unfriendly lefty-hyzer holes at my home course, it's just not getting enough use to be my primary mid. But I'd like to stay familiar with it for other courses, other altitudes, approach shots, wind shots, etc, so I'll keep one in the bag.

I'm really pretty sad that I threw the fuse before the comet b/c the fuse is a great disc and is easier to find in GL than the comet in ESP but alas, my heart belongs to another.

Frank Delicious said:
I'm really pretty sad that I threw the fuse before the comet b/c the fuse is a great disc and is easier to find in GL than the comet in ESP but alas, my heart belongs to another.

So be a REAL American and have an affair every now and then.

After spending so much time recently with my Ridges, I have not been giving any of my mids a lot of time. I gave the Fuse a good two rounds today and I was thoroughly disappointed with it. It always slipped out of my hands when bringing it up to power and or drove striaght into the ground. The only shot were it excelled was releasing with the slightest bit of anhyzer and out to my left at medium power; it held a line across the fairway, nicely gliding right and landing soft. Beyond that kind of shot, a more finese shot, I could not get this thing to fly right at all.

I can blame it on the form, grip, and power I needed for throwing putters so much recently, but you would think that after 18 holes you would be able to adjust enough to get it to fly reasonably right.

It is a 177 Orange GL Fuse. It might be sitting in the box for awhile as I pull out other mids to see if I had developed the same problem with them because I have fallen so much in love with the Ridge (and to a lesser extent the VP) for everything under 300 feet.

For me the Fuse was NOT the Mako killer. I just do not like the way the Fuse releases from my hand during the throw.

I will say the Fuse does have amazing glide and when I didnt have a release issue its flight was a thing of beauty. BUT for me golf is a game of consistency and accuracy both of which I can not obtain as much of with the Fuse as I can with the Mako.

smarkquart said:
It always slipped out of my hands when bringing it up to power and or drove striaght into the ground. The only shot were it excelled was releasing with the slightest bit of anhyzer and out to my left at medium power; it held a line across the fairway, nicely gliding right and landing soft. Beyond that kind of shot, a more finese shot, I could not get this thing to fly right at all.
I've had those exact problems at some point with every mid I've tried, each at different times and sometimes it's like an immediate 180 from how well I was throwing them the round before. I've committed to sticking with mids until I get the hang of them before kicking them out of the bag. I've learned some new skills doing it this way.

I picked up a 167 Opto Fuse and headed to the field yesterday. The 180 Star Mako had previously pushed the Cobra out of my bag for the primary mid being so consistently straight forehand and backhand with very little fade. The Mako shot requires a fast, low line drive, but that's where the Fuse is an interesting compliment able to be thrown on a slower, higher line finishing very straight. The Fuse is in the bag.

smarkquart said:
After spending so much time recently with my Ridges, I have not been giving any of my mids a lot of time. I gave the Fuse a good two rounds today and I was thoroughly disappointed with it. It always slipped out of my hands when bringing it up to power and or drove striaght into the ground. The only shot were it excelled was releasing with the slightest bit of anhyzer and out to my left at medium power; it held a line across the fairway, nicely gliding right and landing soft. Beyond that kind of shot, a more finese shot, I could not get this thing to fly right at all.

I can blame it on the form, grip, and power I needed for throwing putters so much recently, but you would think that after 18 holes you would be able to adjust enough to get it to fly reasonably right.

It is a 177 Orange GL Fuse. It might be sitting in the box for awhile as I pull out other mids to see if I had developed the same problem with them because I have fallen so much in love with the Ridge (and to a lesser extent the VP) for everything under 300 feet.

It seriously sounds like horking overstable, glideless putters with anny and power is ruining your form.

Discgolfcenter.com has Fuses in stock now.

GL plastic has a mix of Orange and Yellow from 170 up to 177. Opto plastic has a mix of Pink, Orange, and Yellow from 170 up to 178. Wish you could find some of those Opaque Opto's before ordering.

Opto is 14.99, and GL is 16.99.

n3tw0rkn3rd said:
Wish you could find some of those Opaque Opto's before ordering.
I know... I ordered a yellow 170g Fuse because I already have pink and orange mid-ranges, but I'm hoping it's not very see-through.

With DGC, you could always try emailing and asking. Never know if they can look to see. From what I've seen, only the lighter ones are more opaque.

n3tw0rkn3rd said:
With DGC, you could always try emailing and asking. Never know if they can look to see. From what I've seen, only the lighter ones are more opaque.
I did e-mail, I hope they read it before they pick my order. They really should have a "comments" field in the checkout process.

Utopiadiscgolf.com has them too. Slightly cheaper. If you give them my code you can get a discount as well. Of course I forgot my code so if you do order just send me a pm and I'll call them.

Latest posts