• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good at turnover shots

It's not necessarily better / worse, but the closer to your "normal" shot as you can go is probably going to give you the most predictable results. Life is about generalizations. :)

I agree with the Avenger SS; it is nasty. I have been able to get some great turnover shots with it along with some beautiful rollers, but it also has produced some of my worst shots.

On hole 5 in Watertown, WI, I always try a sky turnover over a row of pear trees and then come back by the basket. Well, I have a few times used the Avenger SS and put it onto and even over the fairway of the next hole that comes back about 100' to the right of the #5 tee box. The disc goes up and then goes immediately right. Also, I had the disc turnover too much and roll 200' out and to the left, leaving me a nice 200' upshot.

The turnover shot is a delicate shot to execute, but I seem to be using it more and more now that I have a good command of it and discs that work well for it.

Been tossing an element and magic lately from gateway. Both are understable and as easy to turn over as a firebird is to hyzer. They're fun because I throw them half as hard as other discs I used to throw and they get just as far, or I can crank them high and wide left for an ultra reliable turnover.

nightwing

As Craftsman says, an APX will hold an anhi putt or approach well,
but it helps if it's an old one...,the flex apx is just ok for it.
A buzz is good for longer anhis.

If you still need more curve to get around a tree,
try turning your feet backwards.
(Your left heel behind the mini.)
This is much easier and less blind than it sounds
and gives you a huge extension.