• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Good Midrange discs

Hello,

I'm looking for a good midrange that won't turn over. It seems the two I own do that, and only that. I want something soft (play by lots of trees) and something very accurate. Whats a good disc?
How soft are we talking here? By accurate do you mean, go where you throw it? That depends on how you throw. The Wolf is possibly the worst mid ever made, so any midrange you pick will likely knock your socks off. If you throw a Wolf too softly it glides like a rock and crashes into the ground and if you throw it too hard it flips right faster than a paper plate and crashes into the ground. Finding the power it actually flies well at is akin to pulling the sword from the stone.
take the wolf. throw it into the water.

Don't throw it into the water, some poor sap might retrieve it one day. If possible, throw into an active volcano or into space.

At that distance, and in those woods: FLX Buzzz will be money for you. I'm a Roc guy, but unlike some Roc guys I am more than willing to admit that the Buzzz is a fantastic disc.

Get an MVP Vector, hits lines similar to a Roc with the added durability you're looking for in the trees. The MVP Tensor is good too, but you would probably get more out of the Vector at your distance.

I have been using the same Vector every day since it was released in Eclipse plastic and it's still not flippy, I hit as many trees as anyone.

The Vector is more overstable than the Wolf is understable. Get a Hawk.

The Vector is more overstable than the Wolf is understable. Get a Hawk.

This. The Wolf was the first mid I threw well. After I started turning it over I got a Hawk. That worked for a while until I started turning with more power. A Hawk should fly straight with forward fade. I'd still be interested in a Hawk in Z or FLX.

A Z Buzzz should be plenty stable for anyone throwing it less than 350'. If it's turning over, it's the operators fault.

ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3ROC3.

amazing mid range.

Im surprised no one has said a mako3..im a noob and I really like rocs and mako3 that's my preference but also haven't tried a whole bunch other molds my next mid will b a buzz just cause everyone raves about it gotta try it out

I would have to agree with both the Buzzz and the Roc/Roc3. I also want to add to the conversation a Mako. I just picked one up this past week and I love it. It also fits well between my Fuse (turnover disc) and my Buzzz (straight with some fade). The Mako is dead straight and usually doesn't fade at all. You can definitely put it on different lines, but it will never try to fight out of those lines.

buzz in pro d is worthless. def x if not z. z is just the way to go. flx is indestructable. basically any plastic that isnt pro d. that stuff gets the clover top, wavey rim and is just junk

Disagree - love me some Pro-D Buzzz

With your power, I would suggest a VIP Warship may be great for you. Very glidey amost a fairway driver in distance capabilities. But very versatile, and wont act as a meathook for you with your current power.

If you want something really OS try a DD verdict in lucid plastic.

Mako3 is a very good all-around mid-range (Or at least the one I have tried). Neutron Axis is my favorite at the moment though, it's a bit more stable than the Mako3.

The DX Roc is one of the most popular discs for a reason. I've become an unapologetic Roc collector because I just love how they feel and the predictability of their throw. However, today I picked up an MVP Tensor and am loving it. Sort of akin to a flat-top Roc. Highly recommend both.

Comets. I'm pretty much obsessed with them. Best tool for working on your game and you can make them work just about any shot. They will punish bad form though.

I would agree that a Buzzz would be the best choice.

I'm really biased on this one disc though.Been throwing it since it came out in 2013. The Gateway Mystic.

I use to throw a Element,but crap the Mystic is better in so many ways. Just feels great in the hand.The bad thing though is it will turnover if your form is kinda off and you like torque monkeying discs. This one likes to be finessed,but can hit some really good lines once gotten use to.

Speaking of Torque Monkeying. The Truth is very good and can forgive release errors and is good for people with lots of power. It's another great mid that is a keeper in my bag.

Latest posts