• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Mine came with velcro.
I dunno, with it pushed into the upright position, I dont see how that pocket could spill unless held upside down. It's too deep

Very long thread, so sorry if the answer is 10 pages back and I didn't read it.

On the web site, the only color options available right now are Black/Black and Black/Grey. Anybody know if there are future plans for other color options like they had in the past? Will they do a custom order?

I could probably email them, but you guys are all so smart!

yes there is speculation that more colors will be coming out soon. dont know when or if though. its about 5 pages back! I dont think custom orders are available either. hope this helps you out.

Very long thread, so sorry if the answer is 10 pages back and I didn't read it.

On the web site, the only color options available right now are Black/Black and Black/Grey. Anybody know if there are future plans for other color options like they had in the past? Will they do a custom order?

I could probably email them, but you guys are all so smart!

Before I bought my bag I emailed the guys. They said they were hoping to put out new limited edition colors somewhere around September. Not sure if this meant they would begin taking orders then or producing them at that time. Im guessing taking pre-orders. They also said they would have a new bag along the lines of the pro bags ($300) and the extra proceeds would go to charity (dont remember which one off the top of my head).

Dear Everyone,

Please stop bumping this thread to the top so this bag will stop haunting my dreams.

Sincerely,
Guy Who Can't Afford a Grip Right Now

My bag came with Velcro in this place...but I still would be hesitant to put my keys in there. Too many freak happenings and keys get lost very easily in any grass :\

Ya but the Velcro on my bag only covers the center portion which leaves room for slip, I am going to add some Velcro, but still only using zipper and hook which I am sure was put there for that reason:D

My new rig! Waiting on the paracord to show up and then I will have matching zipper pulls (Neon Orange/Green).

I have not taken this bad boy to the course yet, however from playing around with it here at home I can already say I like it More than my Mahal that I had for about a year and a half.

7737082178_e460cdf663_z.jpg

Nice bag. Like the color scheme:thmbup:

i have a herniated disc in my lower back from years of BMXing and snowboarding. this bag basically saves me from coming home in pain after playing 18+ holes. it rides high on my back and feels like im not carrying as much crap as i have crammed in there.

definitely worth the money for me.

FWIW, I use the zippered pocket above the GRIP logo for my keys, loose change and other misc. stuff.

As a player who typically carries 12-16 discs for a round, I have no need to stuff that pocket with discs.

The rails are a big plus IMHO. On steep hills, you just have to position it correctly, otherwise it will fall over....no BA, BS or GED required to figure it out. ;)

I don't stuff that zippered pocket with discs. I keep my keys, wallet, phone, markers, snacks, clipboard, etc, in that pocket. As of now, I place the money/loose change in one of the pockets inside that zippered pocket, but I often find myself inadvertently reaching into the smaller change pockets if I'm just blindly reaching in looking for something. Also, if the bag ever tips sometimes the change falls out and I have to collect it from the main zippered pocket to place it back where it belongs... I just wish those little internal guys had zippers or something to keep them shut.

I posted on here earlier that after 3 rounds I had a problem.

Where the snap on the backside of the putter quiver came off. The thread just simply unraveled.
I emailed Grip and they immediately responded and said theyd replace the bag.

I asked if I could re-sew it myself without voiding the warranty, and they said go for it, but if its not a success theyd still replace it.

I fixed it fairly easily.
Sending me a tshirt too.

I was a little bummed it happened. But, no harm no foul. And a free tshirt.

Other than that little snag, the bag is built like a beast.

I played a tourney this weekend. A whole round was in the rain.
Only guy on card not constantly wiping my discs off.

I had a similar problem. The snap used to hold the putter pocket up simply tore off the strap. This was on my second day of having the bag. Sewing it back on wasn't possible the way it tore off. Called Grip and they replaced the bag for me. They said this was the "first" bag that had it happen.

Sorry. I love bags with keyclips. You pretty much have to have a catastrophic failure to lose your keys.

Yep, that's where I clip my keys. Some people use that pocket to stuff more discs in and then clip their towel to that clip.

I have my towel clipped to that clip. I put my keys, smokes and anything else that would be in my pockets in that pocket, pull out the towel and zip the pocket closed.

Sorry. I love bags with keyclips. You pretty much have to have a catastrophic failure to lose your keys.

Yea, I'm not really sure why you wouldn't use this feature in a bag. I loved having it in my Revolution and I love it in the Grip!
:clap: