• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had my first encounter with a Pro, is this normal?

Its probably in his contract. Just business bro. I've met a couple rock stars and couldnt get there autographs too. It just makes it a better story really. :thmbup:

Ray Charles played a gig in the hotel where I work while his Pepsi ads were airing on TV. His assistant was adamant that no one could come near him with a Coca-Cola.

Ray Charles played a gig in the hotel where I work while his Pepsi ads were airing on TV. His assistant was adamant that no one could come near him with a Coca-Cola.

You would have to be pretty damm close to Ray Charles for him to know it was a Coke.

Probably some local sponsored yahoo, first guess Brodigy sponsored.

Not sure it was the case in this situation, but there is always the possibility that the player had a bad "breakup" with a previous sponsor. Plenty of bad blood out there, but not sure if there's enough to warrant not signing a disc from XYZ. It's most likely though, that this is a personal preference of the player to not sign other company, or certain companies discs. And as most have already said here, the majority of pros will happily sign a disc no matter what.

Some say that pepsi paid him in singles.

You should thank the pro. Putting ink on a disc decreases the value of that disc. He did you a favor.

I just had Paul sign some CCDG discs, I should put em up on our site and see which sells first. Signed or non, bet it's the signed ones.

I've had non Innova pros sign Innova discs (Prodigy/Lat 64/DC/Legacy), I kinda doubt it was in his contract. Just speculation.

I just had Paul sign some CCDG discs, I should put em up on our site and see which sells first. Signed or non, bet it's the signed ones.

I've had non Innova pros sign Innova discs (Prodigy/Lat 64/DC/Legacy), I kinda doubt it was in his contract. Just speculation.

Here's the real question that everyone wants to know.

Would you sign a Jomez Pro disc?

I'll wait. :popcorn::popcorn:

Good ol' Nikko, at it again! Only signs Fly Life and Daredevil. ;)

Jerm will still sign old Discraft stuff, so I don't think there's a clause in Prodigy's contracts. I'm thinking it could just be an issue of needing to raise funds. It's not an easy life out there for a professional disc golfer. If you're not top tier with an amazing sponsor contract, you're not raking in any savings accounts.

Damn you... You still have my PayPal on speeddial, right? :D Speaking of... I need to grab another dri-fit. Mine got shredded by some thorny bushes.

Iwould imagine it's a part of this sponsorship agreement that he's not allowed to sign competitor plastic. I'm not sure though. Maybe an autograph might be considered an endorsement or something silly like that...

I'm surprised he didn't just GIVE you one of his used or even NEW discs. I be he has more than enough plastic from his sponsor. But perhaps he had none to spare at that moment.

This is one of the dumbest statements in business. Of course there is. Just ask the artist formerly known as Salient.

Uh, no. Salient being terrible at everything they did is what put them out of business. Their notoriety on the internet probably sold them more discs if anything, from people going "They can't be that bad."

Here's the real question that everyone wants to know.

Would you sign a Jomez Pro disc?

I'll wait. :popcorn::popcorn:

hahaha In a heartbeat! SpinTV though? O hell no. :p jk.

I think my most viewed commentary is actually on Spin!

2013 Euro Open.

Ain't go nothing but love for all my media buds :)

Damn you... You still have my PayPal on speeddial, right? :D Speaking of... I need to grab another dri-fit. Mine got shredded by some thorny bushes.

Yup, got it! :p

I need to order some more, think we're out of medium and almost out of large (if not already).

hahaha In a heartbeat! SpinTV though? O hell no. :p jk.

I think my most viewed commentary is actually on Spin!

2013 Euro Open.

Haha! Yeah I hear SpinTV discs only work for lefties.

Which probably explains why they've never made any.

Ain't go nothing but love for all my media buds :)

Let's get matching tattoos.

...maybe I've had too much caffeine this AM...

I'm thinking it was just a sales tactic by said "Pro", seeing as how he tried to sell you a disc to then sign.

Would have been able to stock up on Ramen and maybe even grab a value meal at McD's.

Unless that used disc was an '01 CE Roc (or a similar rare/valuable mold) said 'pro' should have GIVEN you his used disc, signed it, shook your hand and said:

"here, why don't you give this mold a shot. thanks for being aware of the pro side of disc golf. every fan matters and we all appreciate your support."

You didn't ask him to sign a Wolf, did you? I wouldn't dare put my name on one of those either. :|
Old Lyin' Dave! You love Duran Duran! APOLOGIZE!

duran-duran-hungry-like-the-wolfwww-savevid-com1_std.original.jpg

I have a Super Stringray signed by EMac. I was 16 at the time and didn't really understand the whole sponsorship thing. He didn't say a word about it.

Unless that used disc was an '01 CE Roc (or a similar rare/valuable mold) said 'pro' should have GIVEN you his used disc, signed it, shook your hand and said:

"here, why don't you give this mold a shot. thanks for being aware of the pro side of disc golf. every fan matters and we all appreciate your support."

I like that strategy, a good way to some free discs and swag! I wonder if that would work with MJ, I could use a new Discraft cap. :popcorn: