• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Harrassing Texts from Disc Thieves

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you only return disc to people you know?

Stay classy

Ouch.....you got me.....classless lowlife that I am....I used to call the numbers on discs that I found, but the hassle of trying to connect with someone to return it, is a gigantic pain in the behind..what about out of state discs?:wall:, how does one return those to the original owner...eventually I quit calling....so if I find a disc of someone I know, I will return it when I see them on the course...

if it is going to cost me time, money, or fuel to return it....it isn't gonna happen
:doh:

if it is going to cost me time, money, or fuel to return it....it isn't gonna happen
So leaving it where it lies, so maybe the owner actually has a shot at finding it when they have time, or that someone who might actually know them can find it... not an option?
Nicccce....
Hey, at least you aren't hiding what you are - you freely admit you're a yutz.

Last edited:
what do you do when you find this

Attachments

• found.jpg
    found.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 222
Finding the disc in the bush is not "taking." It is finding. No reasonable person would argue with you on that point. Taking the disc from the bush is, however, "taking." Theft is the taking part. The "possession" drivel you are making up so it won't appear that you know as little as you do has nothing to do with the crime of theft.

Throw it in the nearest substantial body of water or give it to a friend's 7 year old.

Finding the disc in the bush is not "taking." It is finding. No reasonable person would argue with you on that point. Taking the disc from the bush is, however, "taking." Theft is the taking part. The "possession" drivel you are making up so it won't appear that you know as little as you do has nothing to do with the crime of theft.

Throw it in the nearest substantial body of water or give it to a friend's 7 year old.

Ouch.....you got me.....classless lowlife that I am....I used to call the numbers on discs that I found, but the hassle of trying to connect with someone to return it, is a gigantic pain in the behind..what about out of state discs?:wall:, how does one return those to the original owner...eventually I quit calling....so if I find a disc of someone I know, I will return it when I see them on the course...

Is your entire sense of morality and basis for right and wrong based on convenience? You obviously know that it is wrong, does coming here attempting to justify it, placate your conscience? If it is a hassle, I agree with Bogey, leave it there. :|:doh::|

It's simple. Call the number if it's on the disc and you're a good person, get law enforcement involved over a friggin' Frisbee then you are a complete idiot. :)

For real.. have you not been watching the news? A cop is just going to mace you, then shoot you, then charge with something, then take the rest of your discs anyway...

+1 for nolangherity's vigilante style.

Ouch.....you got me.....classless lowlife that I am....I used to call the numbers on discs that I found, but the hassle of trying to connect with someone to return it, is a gigantic pain in the behind..what about out of state discs?:wall:, how does one return those to the original owner.:

I have shipped discs all over the place. One to a member of this forum who just happened to pass through here and lose a disc. I guess I have hope someone will do the same for me on my travels.

Agreed

My point was to let the finders keepers crowd know they generally have no legal high standing in keeping a disc they found unless they can prove the person who put it wherever they found had no intention of getting it back. A moral conundrum that could likely be resolved with a simple phone call.

A rare agreement between us. If it's got a number or Email address, then you should make an effort to return it or at least let them know it was found and where they can get it. If I were playing with guys and someone was throwing a disc with someone else's name and number in it, I'd be sure to let him know what I thought of that.

Is your entire sense of morality and basis for right and wrong based on convenience? You obviously know that it is wrong, does coming here attempting to justify it, placate your conscience? If it is a hassle, I agree with Bogey, leave it there. :|:doh::|

You people take this thing way to seriously....it must be nice sitting on your throne determining folks moral standing in the world.....I have never judged anyone based on a comment on a ridiculous thread...yet some have no problem denigrating others based on an opinion....no crimes have been committed....I am not intentionally depriving someone of their property, that they chose to "abandon".

So let's see if I have this right....if I find an "abandoned" disc with no name or number, I can keep it, but if I find an "abandoned" disc with a name or a number or an email, I am now obligated to return it....so what is an appropriate amount of effort or money I should expend to try to return a $7 - $15 disc....I would like to know what the limitations are because I don't have a lot of disposable income. Wait, I know the answer - "Just do what is right."
But that won't work either since I have no moral compass and can not determine right from wrong.(sarcasm) "Obviously, I know it is wrong"! Is it really that obvious?

I have returned many discs that were left laying about on the course, these discs were obviously left by mistake, many with no name or number, when I see someone headed back to a previous hole, I know they are looking for the disc I just found. I will gladly return the disc, name in it or not. I am talking specifically about "abandoned" discs, not "forgotten" discs. Yes, there is a difference between the two. If a disc has been "abandoned" then ownership of that disc has been relinquished and the finders keepers rule applies.

Also, keep in mind, I have tried the "return the disc to it's rightful owner" game. It is a game that, in my opinion, has little chance of a positive outcome, and that is why I don't play that game any longer, not because I am without morals and need to placate my conscience. Clearly, being a "yutz", I have no conscience.(sarcasm)

Others can do what they like, spend what they will, or drive to Alaska to return a disc, if they feel so inclined. I do not have the time or money to play that game.

blah blah blah rationalize rationalize rationalize.

Sooo....how exactly do you determine the difference between "forgotten" and "abandoned"? Is the life story of the disc written on the ones you find? Do they talk to you? Are you the disc whisperer?

I only ask one favor, oh disc whisperer...if you find my "abandoned" disc, leave it right where you found it. I haven't abandoned it, I'm only taking a break from the search.

One time I spent $5 to mail a old Champ Panther to a guy who lost it at a ski resort. He was so thankful that he sent $25 to my PayPal account. KARMA!

as many others have said just leave it there yutz. oh and again stay classy

Sooo....how exactly do you determine the difference between "forgotten" and "abandoned"? Is the life story of the disc written on the ones you find? Do they talk to you? Are you the disc whisperer?

I only ask one favor, oh disc whisperer...if you find my "abandoned" disc, leave it right where you found it. I haven't abandoned it, I'm only taking a break from the search.

Wow, such cynicism. A small amount of common sense, which some seem to lack, tells me when a disc has been forgotten or abandoned. But let me spell it out for you...I.E. when one walks up to a basket to make a putt and one sees a disc lying in plain sight, this would qualify as a "forgotten" disc, someone threw two and FORGOT to pick up the disc. When one pulls a disc out of the water that has clearly been in the water for some time, this would be an "abandoned" disc. Is there no discernible difference between the two totally different situations? Apparently they seem to be the same.

There are clearly two ways of looking at lost discs...you do what you want, look as long or as little as you want too, but the minute you walk away and stop looking (tournaments, being an exception), you have abandoned the disc, regardless of any intent to come back later and complete the search, get it?

Once again, it seems that the "opinion" of some, should be the standard for all....perhaps my "opinion" that an abandoned disc becomes the property of the finder, should be the standard for all.....so JC if I find a "forgotten" disc of yours that you just didn't have the time to locate, I will go out of my way to get it back to you.

Wow, such cynicism. A small amount of common sense, which some seem to lack, tells me when a disc has been forgotten or abandoned. But let me spell it out for you...I.E. when one walks up to a basket to make a putt and one sees a disc lying in plain sight, this would qualify as a "forgotten" disc, someone threw two and FORGOT to pick up the disc. When one pulls a disc out of the water that has clearly been in the water for some time, this would be an "abandoned" disc. Is there no discernible difference between the two totally different situations? Apparently they seem to be the same.

There are clearly two ways of looking at lost discs...you do what you want, look as long or as little as you want too, but the minute you walk away and stop looking (tournaments, being an exception), you have abandoned the disc, regardless of any intent to come back later and complete the search, get it?

Once again, it seems that the "opinion" of some, should be the standard for all....perhaps my "opinion" that an abandoned disc becomes the property of the finder, should be the standard for all.....so JC if I find a "forgotten" disc of yours that you just didn't have the time to locate, I will go out of my way to get it back to you.

I suddenly feel the need to follow you around and when you set your bag down and turn away in order to throw or putt, claim your entire set up as "abandoned" by your very own standards. Thanks man! :hfive:

OH MY GAWD~!!!!

I can't believe this thread has turned out this way. (not really) :popcorn:

rationalization rationalization rationalization.

So the disc you find in a pond, that appears to have been there for a while, was "abandoned" by the person who put their name on it, in your opinion. It couldn't possibly have been "forgotten" by the owner, picked up by some other putz without your common sense to recognize it as "forgotten", then the putz put it in his own bag, throwing it as if it were his own until it ended up in the pond where you stumble upon it hours/days/weeks/months/years later.

Your common sense makes an awful lot of assumptions that you have no way of knowing are actually the truth. That's my only beef with people who have to go through all kinds of mental gymnastics to rationalize their "finders keepers" morality.

I no longer call numbers either, it's a serious pain in the ass to try and hook up with some stoner to return his disc. The last one I called took almost 3 weeks to get his disc to him. I had to keep calling him! I finally told him where I hid it and he could pick it up when ever he chose to.

If I find a disc with no name, I keep it if I can't find the owner on the course. If it has a name and number, I might throw it a few times and then I do what the parks and rec guys do, I leave it on the bench at hole one.

None of my discs have my info on them, if I lose them, it's on me, so be it. I never put my info on golf balls either! It's a freaking used $10 piece of plastic at best and to me, its not worth the trouble.

I've also found sweat shirts, flashlights, hats, gloves and even a pair of sneakers. The flashlight I kept, the rest went on bench one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts