• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has anybody switched back to a shoulder bag?

I carry a Fossa Tana. It's incredible. I am gonna get a nutsac for minimalist rounds this year.

I need something for travel flight, only a few discs. I am thinking between a small shoulder bag but not the starter bags from some brands/Kestrel Bag, a lower Price regualr NutSac knock off with a bottle attachment or a UPD small little shoulder backpack as those can be used for other items. I am not sure yet on what to get. I also have been eyeing using a smooth nylon lunch box that is big enough to hold discs that has a drink holder on one side.

I need something for travel flight, only a few discs. I am thinking between a small shoulder bag but not the starter bags from some brands/Kestrel Bag, a lower Price regualr NutSac knock off with a bottle attachment or a UPD small little shoulder backpack as those can be used for other items. I am not sure yet on what to get. I also have been eyeing using a smooth nylon lunch box that is big enough to hold discs that has a drink holder on one side.

Are you saying the OP needs this or you? BC I got the just JS. My wife loves this bag she keeps her discs in so I am putting a PVC frame into it so that it'll stand on it's own and hold discs in a row.

Has anyone checked out the Infinite Disc Slinger yet? I have one coming today and I'm excited for it.

I won a chair/cooler/bag at a local C-tier. It has a single shoulder strap.

I've used to for leagues a few times, especially on non-windy days. 4 discs and 6 brews gets me through a slow 18 hole round just fine. Nice to have the built-in chair when you know you're going to be waiting on every other tee.

I went from a little bag capable of holding 10 discs to a GRIP B15, and now back to the little bag.

I play the same four courses, I know what I want to throw off every Tee. I don't play tournaments so there's is no need to have spares. Three-four drivers, a couple of mids, a throwing putter or two and putting putter is all I need to play those courses. I'll take my Grip when I need the two water pockets. Otherwise, I leave it at home.

I notice that I have more fun whenever I use the little bag.

I tried a Grip clone a while back and didn't like it at all. I like walking up to my lie and pulling my disc out as I set the bag down. So, when I carry a bag, it always is a traditional type.

I bought a cart DD XL, and modified it to use my Innova DiscCarrier bag. If I can, I always use the cart.

Has anyone checked out the Infinite Disc Slinger yet? I have one coming today and I'm excited for it.

I'm not biased or anything, but the one I've been using is super nice! I like narrowing down my mold selection to just carry 10-12 discs. The bag is light and easy to set down/grab and go.

I'm not biased or anything, but the one I've been using is super nice! I like narrowing down my mold selection to just carry 10-12 discs. The bag is light and easy to set down/grab and go.

I'm excited for mine. Had some shipping issues, but as soon as it gets to me, I'll post my impressions as well.

I've only been playing for 4 months, but found the Discraft 12-disc tournament bag to be THE perfect bag for me (small dufflebag shaped)
discraft-tournament-golf-bag-bags
. It allows me to pack discs, towels, various other items I might need on the course, etc. I can approach a tee, get to the disc i want in 3 seconds and setup for my shot and throw; then quickly pick it up, sling onto my left shoulder, and off to the next shot. No fumbling or awkwardness. It's just great. Lots of pockets. 4 bag tag loops. Heavy duty interior and bottom. It's officially a 12-disc bag, but can hold 17 without bulging.

Are you saying the OP needs this or you? BC I got the just JS. My wife loves this bag she keeps her discs in so I am putting a PVC frame into it so that it'll stand on it's own and hold discs in a row.

I need a very small bag smaller then the ones on the low end Backpack set for airline travel, like that Kestral modified knock off one or that backpack style that UP makes, the small nylon bag.

Did anybody see that Paul McBeth was using an Innova Discarrier bag at the USDGC?

I was surprised he didn't have a caddy. Maybe his sponsorship with Grip is up again. He carried that Innova backpack for awhile one year because of that.

I was surprised he didn't have a caddy. Maybe his sponsorship with Grip is up again. He carried that Innova backpack for awhile one year because of that.

I didn't know he was back with grip. I just thought he was using that Grip knock off that Innova was making.

I've been rocking the double nutsac my brother got me for my birthday all year. Prior to that I had a fossa zoma and a fade tournament bag.

After playing a long tournament round with the double nutsac. I realized I need something more comfortable. With more non disc storage and the ability to carry a larger amount of water. I was going to splurge on a grip BX, however I only carry 12 discs max at any given time. Currently I am on a discing down mission so I won't even be carrying that many.

I saw that the voodoo bags are on sale and super affordable. Was having a super hard time deciding between the JuJu and the Mojo. Anyway I've got a JuJu on the way with quad straps. Hopefully I don't regret not getting the mojo. :thmbup:

Just took my Grip C15 out of the trunk and threw in my Innova standard bag for winter.

I think back pack bags are a pain in the a$$ with more clothes on.

I didn't know he was back with grip. I just thought he was using that Grip knock off that Innova was making.

I'm not sure he was officially or not.

The tan bag is a Grip AX15 I believe. AJ carries the same one.

Paul does carry the Innova backpack as well. We could speculate all day about things Paul does.

I carried an Octothorpe all last season and loved it, no complaints. However, if I only had time for 9 holes I would grab a handful of discs and throw them in my wifes Crunch bag. I could definitely see myself using a small shoulder bag for quick/casual rounds. The Crunch is a good size but it feels pretty cheap. After tons of research I pulled the trigger on a GB Squirrel Monkey this weekend. I'm looking forward to having a hand-made shoulder bag to test out this winter. Hopefully the Squirrel Monkey will be a nice counterpart to the Octothorpe.

Been using the JuJu with voodoo straps for the past couple weeks and I'm really enjoying it. I usually just 1 strap it and its somehow infinitely more comfortable than a regular shoulder bag.

Latest posts