• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Dynamic Discs peaked?

Please don't tell me DD is seriously making their #1 FPO player work the store/warehouse through the winter. Future DD sponsorships, read the fine print about the off season. wow....

No, they're not making her do anything. Her family works with DD, and I'm sure she's getting paid to do the job she's doing. it's disc golf love, disc golf life, and a disc golf family thing, dontcha know....

No, they're not making her do anything. Her family works with DD, and I'm sure she's getting paid to do the job she's doing.

Yeah, that's what they want you to believe. In reality DD is holding her parents hostage. Her "payment" for showing up each day is that her parents get to eat. It's coerced servitude.

I think no, they have not peaked, but instead argue they are in a valley that they are traversing with not so happy trees and meadows waving in the wind, with sage green and yellow ochre leaves wafting to and fro on a palette of phtalo blue bluebonnets with van dyke brown stems.

Nice subtle reference! :thmbup:

Please don't tell me DD is seriously making their #1 FPO player work the store/warehouse through the winter. Future DD sponsorships, read the fine print about the off season. wow....

I think anyone that has been around for a while knows that I am no a fan of DD, but you are either just silly or are intentionally trying to stir up trouble.

I think anyone that has been around for a while knows that I am no a fan of DD, but you are either just silly or are intentionally trying to stir up trouble.

Not trying to cause trouble, just stating my (silly) opinion. Paige B is an elite FPO pro, a 1X World Champion. I don't know her personal life, and really don't care, but when I hear she's "working at the store/warehouse all winter", I think it's fair game for me or anyone to state their opinion. Which is, I would hope working at the store is her choice and not in her sponsorship requirements.

Not trying to cause trouble, just stating my (silly) opinion. Paige B is an elite FPO pro, a 1X World Champion. I don't know her personal life, and really don't care, but when I hear she's "working at the store/warehouse all winter", I think it's fair game for me or anyone to state their opinion. Which is, I would hope working at the store is her choice and not in her sponsorship requirements.

She's Paige S now.

And if you stated your last "opinion" in that manner, you probably wouldn't have caught so much blowback. If you don't like that she's working during the off-season and wish she didn't have to, that's fine. But framing it as if DD is forcing her to do it, with zero evidence to suggest that is the case, that's a bit over the top.

So what if she is working in the "store / warehouse"! She's rather young, no? Maybe she's had very little work experience (in the real world). IMO it never hurts to learn "Business 101" by the seat of your pants! 'Manual labor' combined with the 'finances' of it should be a prerequisite of life...even for 1X'ers. Was very glad I "flipped burgers" 46 years ago - taught me a great amount of things which I was able to use later in "my field".

are the courses really that great

Depends on what you consider to be a great course. ;)

Emporia has a lot of courses in a relatively small geographic area, which provides good variety for practicing during the offseason. If there is one thing it is missing, it would probably be a location with very tight tunnel shots. A few holes at Cottonwood Falls test that, but not to the degree of some of the more famous wooded courses used for Majors and DGPT events.

I mean, in all honesty, I don't think anyone is going to go to Emporia and declare a course there the equivalent of Delaveaga or Smuggler's Notch. But between Emporia Country Club, Cottonwood Falls, both Jones courses, Peter Pan, Olpe Lake, and a handful of others, it does offer a decent variety of lines, distances, and conditions to play in.

Pffft. What traction do you expect to gain with an honest, fair assessment of the Emporia courses?

This is DGCR. Any hole will be deemed a "boring hyzerfest" if it doesn't feature a dizzying scatterplot of slender tree trunks that frame dozens of 3-foot-wide gaps.

She's Paige S now.

And if you stated your last "opinion" in that manner, you probably wouldn't have caught so much blowback. If you don't like that she's working during the off-season and wish she didn't have to, that's fine. But framing it as if DD is forcing her to do it, with zero evidence to suggest that is the case, that's a bit over the top.

I didn't say it as if it was already fact, but looking over my original comment I could see someone just reading my reply assuming it was indeed fact: "Please don't tell me DD is seriously making their #1 FPO player work the store/warehouse through the winter."

Point taken, thank you.

I forgot she was recently married, that has....everything to do with everything. Guessing Grady works in Emporia as well.

Depends on what you consider to be a great course. ;)

I mean, in all honesty, I don't think anyone is going to go to Emporia and declare a course there the equivalent of Delaveaga or Smuggler's Notch. But between Emporia Country Club, Cottonwood Falls, both Jones courses, Peter Pan, Olpe Lake, and a handful of others, it does offer a decent variety of lines, distances, and conditions to play in.

This. A lot of worse places to spend your summer if you love disc golfing. Lots of really good courses with variety and all very close together to keep driving to a minimum. The Dynamic store was really nice as well, larger than I expected too. One of the very few places that really is a disc golf town/city. Heck, even the local booby bar played into it, think it was called The Double D, playing off of Dynamic Discs. :D

(sorry no Double D review, it was 100 deg the 4 days we went and playing 36 holes a day in that heat was no easy task for our older group. Play, eat, sleep, repeat)

Jeremy Rusco of DD (partially) addresses their pro team losses and strategy going forward

Link here

Assume this is a dig at PP, 2x time she has done this

If we have a multi-year agreement with a player, we will fulfill our end of the agreement to the final date of the agreement as long as both parties are fulfilling their end of the agreement, then we'll evaluate our future steps with that player together.

Latest posts