• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading South and East (IA,MO,TN,LA,MS,AL,GA,NC,SC,KY)

when you go through MS stop in Quitman and hit up Archusa Water Park, and Clarkco State Park is only about 5 miles from there both 3 disc rated courses...from there you can make your way over The Tiger Trail @ UWA in Livingston AL and down to Citronelle and then the disc golf paradise known as Mobile AL :)

If you come down Hwy 63 you could hit the Ottumwa courses in Iowa, then possibly somwthing in Columbia MO and ten straight down to Rolla to Lion's Club; it's a great new course. After leaving Rolla you could shoot straight east to STL on I-44 and be at their courses in less than 2 hours.

when you go through MS stop in Quitman and hit up Archusa Water Park, and Clarkco State Park is only about 5 miles from there both 3 disc rated courses...from there you can make your way over The Tiger Trail @ UWA in Livingston AL and down to Citronelle and then the disc golf paradise known as Mobile AL :)

UWA was ok, Just kind of repetitive open field stuff

UWA was ok, Just kind of repetitive open field stuff

My least favorite type of course...

Anyway, thanks all for the continued feedback (keep it coming), If you've told me to contact you in an area I've taken note and I'll try to give you a heads up within a few days of reaching that area.

To the most recent replies: I'll probably be heading down 55 through MS and hit a couple courses on the way through, then out of NOLA play my way along the coast through Mobile and Pensacola, then maybe North to Tuscaloosa (I'm looking at the PDGA Tourny schedule, anybody know anything about the eatsleepdisc series?), to make my way through GA and into SC from there.

Re: Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi

Track down the Southern Nationals website and schedule. PDGA is less prevalent in this area, and there are likely events that are not on the PDGA schedule.

re: Stoney Hill (Newberry, SC)

You've already mentioned you'll check with us. The scoop is that, with a day or two's advance notice, one of us should be able to meet you on a weekday, especially if you can make it later in the day (4 pm or later). It's owned by two brothers who work about an hour away, but have some flexibility in our hours. Of course, weekends would be even better.

SNDG.org is the Southern Nationals website, they have a forum as well. NOTeam posts a bunch on there, so you may be able to get one of them to guide you around NOLA.

Packed mostly ready to go, Sunday is a day with the family, Monday a day with friends, Tuesday on the road as far as Waterloo, IA (playing a round with bdubya). Wednesday will bring me through Cedar Rapids (meeting up with medicinalfunk), Thursday should bring me through the Quad Cities and Peoria (anybody from that area want to play a round?). Then Friday in St. Louis and South from there. Pumped to get back on the road and to get out of this snow. Looking forward to meeting all of you out there!

we'll see you on wednesday :) i got out to shaver and shoveled the pads today and played a round, a bit of snow, definitely not as much as you're used to

Supposed to be 35 and sunny, might be kinda sloppy out there after 46 on tuesday.

that might actually shape up for some decent conditions. good timing :thmbup: the standing water season from massive snow melt in cedar rapids is mostly over. a bit slippery maybe but hopefully not mucky, regardless, the throw must go on

Just want to say that I have had Martin to my home twice, and he is an awesome guy to disc golf with, and hang out with. He has some great stories to tell, and you will enjoy hanging with him if you get the chance. Last time he was here , the weather was rough , so we played disc golf on the Playstation 3

that might actually shape up for some decent conditions. good timing :thmbup: the standing water season from massive snow melt in cedar rapids is mostly over. a bit slippery maybe but hopefully not mucky, regardless, the throw must go on
The throw will always go on, not much slows me down, though sloppy wet conditions is about my least favorite.

Just want to say that I have had Martin to my home twice, and he is an awesome guy to disc golf with, and hang out with. He has some great stories to tell, and you will enjoy hanging with him if you get the chance. Last time he was here , the weather was rough , so we played disc golf on the Playstation 3

Thanks MB, I've always had a great time at your place, next time we'll have good weather and hit the course (I did play spring valley that next morning, a little wet out there but fun) and remember next time I'm cooking you dinner.

thanks for making the stop in the city of cedar rapids for some golf! glad you enjoyed shaver and hope my bunk round at legion didn't prohibit you from enjoying the course too much :) can't wait to play with ya (and forest! king of the discin' dogs) again when you pass through, hopefully next time i wont suck so much :D

have fun out there, man

If you are going to St Louis via 218 there are a couple nice little 9 holers that could be worth your time.
Just a couple of nice smaller courses that are fun to play.

Riverview in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Sunset Park in Washington, Iowa

There is a great restaurant that sells tenderloins right next to Riverview. You can see it from the #6 basket. It's called Butch's.
They can be played in about 20-30 minutes. Just small quick stops in case you'd like to add a couple more notches to the proverbial "played" belt.

he also had the rare privilege of getting to see me attempt a sidearm shot, a once in a blue moon thing for me!

responded to your pm martin but i'll post here too: if youre still in STL (hell, even today, i could get a sloppy round in before work) on sunday i'll have all the time in the world.

I'm looking forward to hear what you thought of West Lake.

Latest posts