• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help ID a disc.......

Raider Dave

Par Member
Can anyone help me out?
I found this disc at a swap meet. It's an Innova (Ontario). Feels like a hard DX plastic.
Stamp reads "Multidisciplinary Association For Psychedelic Studies - Commemorating the 50th Anniversary -
Albert Hofmann's Discovery Of LSD -
April 16 - 19, 1943 - 1993."
I also found a purchased a black Mini with the same stamp.
Can anyone ID this disc? Mold? where/when this tourny was held????

Thanks for any Ideas!

Attachments

• disc 001.jpg
    disc 001.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 72
  • disc lsd 001.jpg
    disc lsd 001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 67
  • disc lsd 005.jpg
    disc lsd 005.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 68
Id say a Roc, seeing as it has a bead, just a guess tho. (Or, atleast it looks like a bead). If theres no bead, then i would guess Shark.

Is it close to the same size diameter to your buzz, or is it the same size diameter to a smaller diameter disc?

I'm almost positive it's a normal DX Ontario Roc, not a Classic Roc. The Classic Roc is smaller diameter and has a much blunter nose than the one pictured. But, definitely a Roc if that is a bead from what I can see in that profile pic of it.

Is it close to the same size diameter to your buzz, or is it the same size diameter to a smaller diameter disc?

I'm almost positive it's a normal DX Ontario Roc, not a Classic Roc. The Classic Roc is smaller diameter and has a much blunter nose than the one pictured. But, definitely a Roc if that is a bead from what I can see in that profile pic of it.

This is correct. I just compared your pictures to a classic roc and a regular roc that I have in hand and it is definitely not a classic. The classic is not only blunter but also has much less of a concave shape above the bead. I would also say it's a regular roc.

this looks like a Cobra, mainly from the dome and wing. the wing on the Cobra is slightly thinner than a Roc. the Roc has pretty much the same width rim as a Buzz. if this is a Cobra it will feel kinda skinny in comparison.

Keltik, doesn't the Cobra not have a Bead? I know the wing area is "smaller" as you mentioned. It's hard to tell from the pic if this disc pictured has a bead. If no bead, I'd say Cobra, if it has a bead I'm sticking with Roc.

It is definitely a roc or a shark. No bead = Shark, Bead = roc. It is an ontario if it is a roc. I can't tell from the photos if it has a bead or not.

definitely not a cobra, cobra's have beads but the nose and flightplate do not match a cobra.

went to the trunk of my car and got out a Cobra and a Roc. This disc is a Roc. I was wrong in my original assessment. I haven't seen an Ontario Roc in a while but yes from the nose profile it is a Roc.

It definatly has a bead. So? Regular Ontario Roc?

Thanks to all who have helped!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas on the origins of the stamp , anyone?

Attachments

• disc lsd 1.jpg
    disc lsd 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 16
  • lsd disc 2.jpg
    lsd disc 2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
I think we've got a winner. It's a Cobra, circa early 90's. Mine is a 94 Cobra.
mms_picture-27.jpg

mms_picture-26.jpg

mms_picture-25.jpg

I'd recognize that bead anywhere! lol I need to get a new cobra, my old one is now a wall ornament. It had a good life!

I'm sticking with Roc, But the Cobra is very close. The real only way to tell now is to compare the lip of that disc to your Buzz. If from where you grip, to the nose is the same size as the buzz, it's a Roc. If it's "skinnier" then it's a Cobra. But, to me it looks like a Roc.

Latest posts