• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

I was curious about how the pipeline would affect things... No activity on the north campus chestnut 120 acres anymore?
It's all grown over now, no trespassing signs on the buildings, a dumpster and not much else. I heard that the pipeline will cross County C somewhere north of the showerhouse.

BTW they weren't chestnuts, they were flowering ash trees. Just more of JJ's BS.:\

I was young once.

There was only one difficult spot to bike, the new hole mid to late in the course. Everything else was smooth and easy. It saved a lot of time over just walking.

50104321553_eb39946d75_c.jpg

50104898716_e4162949ee_c.jpg

50104321653_17d5f35b5c_c.jpg

Can't wait. Two more weeks. It's been too long since I've been up there in the summer.

Heading up this weekend for the first time. Any info that a newb would/should know beforehand? I will be arriving late Thursday and playing all day on Friday. Staying the night on Friday as well. Might sneak in a early morning round on Saturday as well.

Are there fire rings at each campsite, or is there a communal one?? Are the courses playable at night?

Are there course maps or a general map of the compound located at the pro shop?

Stuff like that. Thanks in advance.

Heading up this weekend for the first time. Any info that a newb would/should know beforehand? I will be arriving late Thursday and playing all day on Friday. Staying the night on Friday as well. Might sneak in a early morning round on Saturday as well.

Are there fire rings at each campsite, or is there a communal one?? Are the courses playable at night?

Are there course maps or a general map of the compound located at the pro shop?

Stuff like that. Thanks in advance.
The campsites all have fire rings, we just put up a course map at the registration kiosk by the clubhouse plus there are b/w maps available for navigation and Udisc maps of all the courses. Courses are playable at night. Text Tom for a reservation or any other questions at 715-579-4487.

From Friday - nothing like playing a freshly mowed Gold - best shape this course has ever been in.

Hole 3 halfway through, looking back to tee and up to basket.

Attachments

• 0821201457.jpg
    0821201457.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 0821201457a.jpg
    0821201457a.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it looked as good or better at the 2007 PDGA Professional Disc Golf Championships.

I was just there a week ago and it's the best I've ever seen it look. All the courses actually. I've only been playing there since 09 or so though. But hey, you're the authority on these things.

I'm pretty sure it looked as good or better at the 2007 PDGA Professional Disc Golf Championships.
Veterans of the 2007 Words will be impressed with 13 more years of foliage growth being masterfully tamed by Mountain Man and his crew. Staffed pro shop and busy rustic camping on the hill with water pumping along with electricity to the hilltop are new features. Only the now faded 2007 tee signs were in better shape. But that will be improved once the next phases of course shifting and upgrades are completed.

Veterans of the 2007 Words will be impressed with 13 more years of foliage growth being masterfully tamed by Mountain Man and his crew. Staffed pro shop and busy rustic camping on the hill with water pumping along with electricity to the hilltop are new features. Only the now faded 2007 tee signs were in better shape. But that will be improved once the next phases of course shifting and upgrades are completed.

Don't forget the cool, new name for the main drive into HBH!! :D

Was pulling in to my hotel in Ashland and saw the old "Highbridge Hills" truck coming around the corner being driven good old JJ.

Does MM have truck advertising the Megaplex?

Was pulling in to my hotel in Ashland and saw the old "Highbridge Hills" truck coming around the corner being driven good old JJ.

Does MM have truck advertising the Megaplex?

I still see that truck every once in awhile - saw him all the way in my town of Hurley turning south onto 51 for some reason last year. I get the feeling of a bad omen when I see him in that truck nowadays.

I'm sorry to have to tell everyone this but I can no longer work at HH. The financial burden of living in two places and commuting between them has finally become too much to bear and there's no money available to me for expenses so I was forced to move back home yesterday. With Buzzflicker leaving for Georgia in two weeks that leaves Mountain Man alone until the end of season so I'm calling for some volunteers to go up there and help him out. I'd like to see some of you who have professed your undying love of HH for years on these pages go up and help the man who has given you so much these last two years. I doubt if it will happen but I had to give it a shot.:wall:

I'm sorry to have to tell everyone this but I can no longer work at HH. The financial burden of living in two places and commuting between them has finally become too much to bear . . . that leaves Mountain Man alone until the end of season so I'm calling for some volunteers to go up there and help him out. I'd like to see some of you who have professed your undying love of HH for years on these pages go up and help the man who has given you so much these last two years.

I was at HH for a few hours earlier this summer, and fell in love with the place. I might be able to help out for a week or so sometime in September/October. What did you do for housing? I guess I'm asking what is available (shelter, bathrooms, showers, cooking, etc.) for any folks who are interested in helping out.

Thanks for any info.

On a semi-related note, is there any more information on the Honka house?

I have a month off work 9/12 - 10/14. I can be at HBH pretty much any dates 9/14 - 10/10. I don't plan on staying there more than a few days. But I am flexible on when those days are as I have no concrete plans for this vacation.

I'm down to work while I am there, but I won't get a ton done alone.

So, if anyone else on here is available in that time frame, let's set up a couple days to all be there and get some stuff done!

I'll be available the weekend of 10/10 or 10/24. Possibly the Monday after the 10/24 weekend. Me and the wife, but we're not super useful lol.

Crippler I can't overstate how much this place has improved and I'd like to help. Even in the slightest. Buzzzflicker too. I'll PM Mountain Man and figure it out.

RoggenB, I don't think our time off will overlap enough, but good on you for helping out if you can.

Latest posts