• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

Heading out with four buds in about 10 days. First time since 2012.

Looking forward to the fall colors and crisp air. Hoping it's not damp the whole time.

Really only two of us are big disc golfers anymore. Really wanna play Bear but from what I hear it's not for beginners.

Heading out with four buds in about 10 days. First time since 2012.

Looking forward to the fall colors and crisp air. Hoping it's not damp the whole time.

Really only two of us are big disc golfers anymore. Really wanna play Bear but from what I hear it's not for beginners.

Bear is SOOO much more cleaned up now than it was when I first played it almost ten years ago. It's not for beginners, but none of the courses are really (except Woodland). Staying in the fairway is the name of the game. I love Bear now. I'm jealous, the colors should be amazing when you're up there.

Bear is SOOO much more cleaned up now than it was when I first played it almost ten years ago. It's not for beginners, but none of the courses are really (except Woodland). Staying in the fairway is the name of the game. I love Bear now. I'm jealous, the colors should be amazing when you're up there.
The Red and even shorter Purple (3200' for 18) layouts on Blueberry are marked and might be playable from rubber tees by the Wisconsin Tour Finale Oct 9. Plus, the short 9-hole Golden Chestnut glow course mostly on old Gold 8 should be ready by then.

The Red and even shorter Purple (3200' for 18) layouts on Blueberry are marked and might be playable from rubber tees by the Wisconsin Tour Finale Oct 9. Plus, the short 9-hole Golden Chestnut glow course mostly on old Gold 8 should be ready by then.

I'm excited about this new Chestnut too. Haven't been back there this year but the place looked great last year.

Thanks. They know what to expect with Blueb, Granite, Woodland. I just understand Bear to be in a whole new level.

I consider Granite to be in my top-3 all time.

We'll be tent camping. I understand there are flushable toilets st the campground. Are showers available? Is the campsite in the same location as it was?

Thanks. They know what to expect with Blueb, Granite, Woodland. I just understand Bear to be in a whole new level.

I consider Granite to be in my top-3 all time.

We'll be tent camping. I understand there are flushable toilets st the campground. Are showers available? Is the campsite in the same location as it was?
The old campground down the road is gone. There are two camping areas on the hill: West end near the well and between The Bear and Woodland Greens courses. No flushable and no showers yet.

I'm excited about this new Chestnut too. Haven't been back there this year but the place looked great last year.

Off topic but do you know what happened with Treehaven losing its course? Was bummed I never got to check it out.

Off topic but do you know what happened with Treehaven losing its course? Was bummed I never got to check it out.

I don't know the details, but that was a pretty neat course. It's gotta be close to 5 or so years it's been RIP'ed now. It was a UW Steven's Point extension college course or something. To be honest it wasn't really that different than Yulga though. It did have the basket where the cage was buried in the ground so it was just chains and up above ground level. Gimmicky but something I think I've only seen maybe one other time.

I don't know the details, but that was a pretty neat course. It's gotta be close to 5 or so years it's been RIP'ed now. It was a UW Steven's Point extension college course or something. To be honest it wasn't really that different than Yulga though. It did have the basket where the cage was buried in the ground so it was just chains and up above ground level. Gimmicky but something I think I've only seen maybe one other time.

Wow sounds like a good one even though I was frustrated the entire time I played Yulga lol.

There was one in Crandon and another one up near Rhinelander that's gone now too that looked pretty decent.

Wow sounds like a good one even though I was frustrated the entire time I played Yulga lol.

There was one in Crandon and another one up near Rhinelander that's gone now too that looked pretty decent.

That Black Bear one in Crandon was really nice. It's a shame that one's not there anymore.

That Black Bear one in Crandon was really nice. It's a shame that one's not there anymore.

I always wonder why some courses that seemed really nice and seemed to get a decent amount of traffic one day just decide to pull baskets and demo teepads.

Also, do you know if Camp Luther Pines is actually gone? I saw a recent review for it on uDisc so I'm assuming it's back?

Also, do you know if Camp Luther Pines is actually gone? I saw a recent review for it on uDisc so I'm assuming it's back?

Not sure about that one. I've never played that one yet. Maybe next year.

Not sure about that one. I've never played that one yet. Maybe next year.

Will definitely link up with you next summer if not earlier. I was literally going to play that new course Rookery Run in Rhinelander a few months back but broke my leg the day before. We could play that one if you haven't been yet.

Today was my first day back and it wasn't very easy to say the least. I won't be x-stepping for at least another few weeks/month but I can at least throw forehand standing still without any pain.

I was near Camp Luther a couple time this summer. I would have played a round or two if I knew it was open. It was a fun course with some long holes through the woods.

I was near Camp Luther a couple time this summer. I would have played a round or two if I knew it was open. It was a fun course with some long holes through the woods.

If it is still open, I think it's strictly for campers only no more public access to the course.

Is there a rough ETA on the redesigns being completed? I'm considering asking some friends if they could possibly take a week next year, maybe late summer (August?) to ride up and spend 5 days there (11 hour drive, probably play Rolling Ridge on the way up, and then something small through central Michigan on the way back).

-Chris.

Is there a rough ETA on the redesigns being completed? I'm considering asking some friends if they could possibly take a week next year, maybe late summer (August?) to ride up and spend 5 days there (11 hour drive, probably play Rolling Ridge on the way up, and then something small through central Michigan on the way back).

-Chris.
There is no "completed" as some of the courses and camping areas will constantly be evolving. Blueberry's latest phase will be completed this month with dual tees and 11 holes with two baskets. Granite is complete in its latest phase with two baskets on each hole. Woodland remains the same. The Bear will continue to evolve with one or two hole changes each year but will always have at least 18 holes playable during the process. Gold will soon have 18 gold level holes at 8000', par 65 with two baskets and two tees on 9 original fairways. There will continue to be a Chestnut 2.0 campground layout of at least 9 holes that's playable for glow rounds.

There is no "completed" as some of the courses and camping areas will constantly be evolving.
I'm referring to getting out of this "post-JJ" transition phase, no more holes in place that are there temporarily until the more permanent solutions can be put into working order. I know development will never end, but there has been a clear transition phase HH has had to go through if the posts on this thread are any indication.

The rest of your post cleared it up nicely.

I'm leaving from MPLS tomorrow morning with my four buds. I'm worthless at work today.

Looks like weather has been perfect recently and we're getting there just in time for rain. But our enthusiasm can't be dampened.

Thanks for your updates Chuck. You and I met long ago at North Valley in IGH. Thanks for all you've done for the community.

I'm leaving from MPLS tomorrow morning with my four buds. I'm worthless at work today.

Looks like weather has been perfect recently and we're getting there just in time for rain. But our enthusiasm can't be dampened.

Thanks for your updates Chuck. You and I met long ago at North Valley in IGH. Thanks for all you've done for the community.

If it makes you feel better, all 3 times I've made the 6 hour trek, it rained nearly the entire time.

Latest posts