• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I was fooling around with some filters on the top 25 courses and Blueberry came in at #3 and the gold course at #10. Interested in knowing how the regulars who have played there recently, feel about those ratings?

Late to the party and not a regular, but I found Blueberry to be a high fun factor course that hits the sweet spot between challenging and enjoyable. Really strong. I liked Gold even better, but that one definitely trends more toward rewarding challenge than pure enjoyment. They both definitely compare favorably with the rest of the current Top 10 (of which I've played 7), even in post-Infrasound condition in July 2016.

Heads up, party people:
August 18 – August 21
18527833_10155508416684406_6526508682541824683_n.jpg

Interesting; never heard of "Mellen Mountain Meadows"... looked up the address from Drop Bass Network's fb page, and got 69131 Highway C.

Google mapped it and it shows up further north of the property, but given some leeway, we could possibly assume that it is the campground/Chestnut area? But would that constitute a different address than the original Highbridge one (68446 Mile Rd)? Well either way it leans more towards being on Chestnut OR completely off the property, so I'm ok with that.

Here's the google map screenshot:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-21-17-36-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-21-17-36-41.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 59
Gee, it's almost like someone figured out how to make a hugeeeeeeeeee area of property be able to coexist between disc golfers and people who don't give a crap about disc golf

Interesting; never heard of "Mellen Mountain Meadows"... looked up the address from Drop Bass Network's fb page, and got 69131 Highway C.

Google mapped it and it shows up further north of the property, but given some leeway, we could possibly assume that it is the campground/Chestnut area? But would that constitute a different address than the original Highbridge one (68446 Mile Rd)? Well either way it leans more towards being on Chestnut OR completely off the property, so I'm ok with that.
The 69131 address is actually the geographical center of Highbridge WI. What's the Joke's address? Send them all there.:D

So....... I give up at trying to relay wtf is going on at Highbridge. Just went there today, and while conditions are great, I pulled into a GIANT expanded gravel (?) parking lot, extending from the main one, to about even with the Honka House. The trail going from the "proshop" to the other courses has been redone nicely with gravel. Looking nice I'm thinking....

Well......... I asked, and I was told, apparently they ARE having the concert people camp on the main property again, but they are not allowed to be on the fairways, only along the new gravel path (yeah that path alone will fit all those people???). But ALSO I was told that they will have a stage on Granite 7 again. Two very contradicting statements, which are essentially doubling back on what I was told a month or so ago, which was about them having everything at Chestnut.

I am done trying to figure this #%@& out - if someone else wants to do some detective work, go for it, but I'm just going to play Sandy Point and other courses, and avoid the damn place all of July, cause this is getting ridiculous (as if it already wasn't).

If anyone else has any info, feel free to let it be known, but I am done trying to figure out the algorithm that is John/Abby/Infrasound....

Rant over.

So....... I give up at trying to relay wtf is going on at Highbridge. Just went there today, and while conditions are great, I pulled into a GIANT expanded gravel (?) parking lot, extending from the main one, to about even with the Honka House. The trail going from the "proshop" to the other courses has been redone nicely with gravel. Looking nice I'm thinking....

Well......... I asked, and I was told, apparently they ARE having the concert people camp on the main property again, but they are not allowed to be on the fairways, only along the new gravel path (yeah that path alone will fit all those people???). But ALSO I was told that they will have a stage on Granite 7 again. Two very contradicting statements, which are essentially doubling back on what I was told a month or so ago, which was about them having everything at Chestnut.

I am done trying to figure this #%@& out - if someone else wants to do some detective work, go for it, but I'm just going to play Sandy Point and other courses, and avoid the damn place all of July, cause this is getting ridiculous (as if it already wasn't).

If anyone else has any info, feel free to let it be known, but I am done trying to figure out the algorithm that is John/Abby/Infrasound....

Rant over.

John = Easiest path to short-term easiest $.

That's it.

We had the weekend after the Even Furthur festival booked for the Honka. As we have every year we book very early then send deposit later in the year. They will not answer or reply to any of my friends attempts to contact them, to notify them we are going to send our deposit as we don't do anything money wise with HBH without confirmation?!?! WTF is going on

We had the weekend after the Even Furthur festival booked for the Honka. As we have every year we book very early then send deposit later in the year. They will not answer or reply to any of my friends attempts to contact them, to notify them we are going to send our deposit as we don't do anything money wise with HBH without confirmation?!?! WTF is going on
Go somewhere else. Highbridge is terrible.

I honestly have no good advice... John doesn't seem as active on facebook nowadays compared to years past, but maybe you could still try there? I have only seen him once in about 5-6 trips out there this year...

Jeremy, if you happen to be there in mid-late July after Infra, can you let us know how bad it looks?

My buddy wants to go first week of August. I don't really wanna since that's the hottest, buggiest time, but if things look nice I probably will. If it's a post-rave disaster zone, then maybe I will try to go in Fall.

Go somewhere else. Highbridge is terrible.

True, but no matter how awful they are at running it, the courses are still legit. Even garbage-covered, it's still great golf.

Yes the Management at Highbridge is terrible not highbride itself. It's a golfing experience that I have loved every year we have gone. And we had yet to be screwed over by any of the typical shenanigans up there but it looks like this year maybe our due.

Jeremy, if you happen to be there in mid-late July after Infra, can you let us know how bad it looks?

My buddy wants to go first week of August. I don't really wanna since that's the hottest, buggiest time, but if things look nice I probably will. If it's a post-rave disaster zone, then maybe I will try to go in Fall.

True, but no matter how awful they are at running it, the courses are still legit. Even garbage-covered, it's still great golf.

Yeah I can give some ground zero reports.

Rant over.

Infrasound is putting money into infrastructure. The main stage is right above the honka where you saw the gravel being cleared.

Latest posts