• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills - Wisconsin

I have not been there, in person, for a couple of months. I have no first hand knowledge, at present, other than the pictures posted from yesterday.

Someone just gave the Gold course a 1 star review, dropping it way out of the top 10. I realize the course was probably in rough shape from the festival, but reviews like that tarnish the system.

Someone just gave the Gold course a 1 star review, dropping it way out of the top 10. I realize the course was probably in rough shape from the festival, but reviews like that tarnish the system.

Honestly, nothing at HBH deserves to be anywhere near the top 10 at this point, and it's probably for the best that they get some bad reviews so more people will know how risky it is to make the trek there.

That said, it's a pretty bad review:
Pros: The course has some potential as there are great elevation changes and many trees.

Those are the only pros he could think of? I literally LOL'd at "many trees" - it's the northwoods!

Well I guess no news is good news on here in preparation for our 6th annual trip. Pics on Facebook look good and dry weather is probably helped out John with maintenance after the festival.

Every year we go up that guy takes care of us with courses mowed and in good shape.

Lets hope!! Im leaving tomorrow AM for HBH.

I know John has been posting pics of the mowing thats been getting done. I did text him and specifically request that Bear be in playable shape and then he posted pics of 5 and 7 like 2 days later.

I'm so stoked to destroy Bear. Or be destroyed by Bear. Either way. :)

Lets hope!! Im leaving tomorrow AM for HBH.

I know John has been posting pics of the mowing thats been getting done. I did text him and specifically request that Bear be in playable shape and then he posted pics of 5 and 7 like 2 days later.

I'm so stoked to destroy Bear. Or be destroyed by Bear. Either way. :)

I would love to play the Bear in prime condition. Was a total swamped out disaster when I played it but I saw the potential.

NICE.... The last 5 years of playing up there I feel like we have nailed down the perfect Highstakes @ Highbridge schedule.... so you don't have to follow but I recommend you roll with this format...

Day 1: Blueberry, Bear, Woodland
Day 2: Gold, Granite, Woodland
Day 3: Champ round voted on

This year we are mixing in alternate shot 3v3 teams for night rounds.

NICE.... The last 5 years of playing up there I feel like we have nailed down the perfect Highstakes @ Highbridge schedule.... so you don't have to follow but I recommend you roll with this format...

Day 1: Blueberry, Bear, Woodland
Day 2: Gold, Granite, Woodland
Day 3: Champ round voted on

This year we are mixing in alternate shot 3v3 teams for night rounds.

That's too much Woodlands and not enough BB/Granite, lol.

You gotta play the combo courses if you never have - they are dope. I really think my favorite course there is the Granberry combo that starts on Granite (you play the alternate tees when available - roughly half the holes have them) and ends on 13-18 of BB.

2 years back Wes was telling me you can kinda create Bear/Woodlands combos courses too because there are a couple places that they get close to each other.

And I gotta play Gold twice at least - once from each tees. Short tees on Gold are actually really fun.

Never played Granberry or Bear/Woodland combo but heard of both....

I'm with ya on playing the big ones the most over Woodland as well, but unfortunately with the size of our group, it's all about the hours of daylight available. We get a practice round of blueberry in the night before and I'm sure Champ round will be one of Gold, Granite, or Bear.

Bear is for bangers! A true test of the disc golf game and looks like john has it in prime playing shape.

Even though I'm technically the local, yall are gonna have to drop a condition update, I haven't been there since June; way to busy and playing other courses to go.

I'm definitely gonna throw Bear again in the fall - that was the only time I've played it, and I felt like I was in another world. Never had so much fun getting raped by a course :p Plus the grass is dying so it normally isn't long. But screw those stupid green baskets.....

We always plan our trip in september when conditions are absolutely perfect. Although last year was rugged due to Infrasound, it was still very playable and everything mowed .... this year''s infrasound probably went smoother because of dry conditions.... you also got to give the guy at least a week to clean up a festival that just accommodated thousands of people.

Even Further is at the end of August.... does anyone know the size of this festival? Are we looking at 2017 Infrasound part 2 or smaller? Looking like it's all at Chestnut which keeps the courses clear.

Even though I'm technically the local, yall are gonna have to drop a condition update, I haven't been there since June; way to busy and playing other courses to go.

I'm definitely gonna throw Bear again in the fall - that was the only time I've played it, and I felt like I was in another world. Never had so much fun getting raped by a course :p Plus the grass is dying so it normally isn't long. But screw those stupid green baskets.....

Will do.

Now that my 2.5 year wait to play Bear is finally almost over....I'm almost glad. Almost. Because I'm a much better player now than I was 2.5 years ago. Bear woulda crushed me, and may still, but I'm confident I'm going to play it well.

Bear crushes everyone. I've never enjoyed playing a course more but at the same time wanted to walk away from it after 7 or 9 holes in my life

Just saw a post on FB from John, looking for a new onsite manager.

Abby must be done.

I just saw a post from Abby that she's out mowing and loves her job at Highbridge...

So maybe this is in addition to. Imagine that, get this job and you could work alongside one of the more uh, "infamous" uh, "disc golfer", in the region :|

Well I guess no news is good news on here in preparation for our 6th annual trip. Pics on Facebook look good and dry weather is probably helped out John with maintenance after the festival.

Every year we go up that guy takes care of us with courses mowed and in good shape.

Recob you were there this last weekend correct? How was your trip hope all was well let us know how it went!

We are still 3 weeks out... I think Rogen was there this weekend. Pics on Facebook continue to be prestine though I find it hard to believe that one guy got 3 aces in a row on Chestnut.