• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole of the day 5/2/2010

RHINESEL

Double Eagle Member
Prospect Park DGC in Brooklyn, NY

Hole 20 543 ft Par 4 (Pro Par 3)

Based on map a straight shot to the goal. Is this really a permanent course? I can't believe those cones would stay in one spot for very long.

0a2ca527.jpg

Honestly, it doesn't matter what I'd throw. I'm hitting that tree guaranteed. I might as well toss that Birdie that goes unused and just start from under the branches.

It looks as though the hole slopes down a bit so a straight throw of either my Beast or Star TL would go straight and get some noticable distance. I would even consider a roller if I had a decent roller shot in my game.

Brooklyn, NY means close to sea level, means I can pull out either my super beat DX Destroyer or my ESP Avenger SS and throw a roller right under those branches. I may not be able to throw the best looking rollers but odds are I would get under those branches. I am just worried about that curb.

Ny the way, RHINESEL, thank you very much for always starting these threads. I really enjoy them and look forward to them. It is a good mental exercise that I can do while sitting on my bum and still feel like I am attempting to improve my DG game.

Ny the way, RHINESEL, thank you very much for always starting these threads. I really enjoy them and look forward to them. It is a good mental exercise that I can do while sitting on my bum and still feel like I am attempting to improve my DG game.

Definately agree here. I love doing the hole of the day. Just another way for me to think about disc golf while I am at work. It is also good to hear what other players would thorw in the same situation.

No problem, I think it's a lot of fun and sometimes people see lines that I don't.

I thought about a roller too. I just started practicing it in a field yesterday.

Hard to tell how much ceiling there really is. That first tree is really close to the tee. Probably a roller, if there is room to even get it started. Maybe even my Whippet off the tee, because it will tend to stay on a low line. I'd be curious to see how open it is out to the right, maybe a big hyzer with an Avenger or Surge.

This is a good one, because it's not so obvious...

Gotta be a temp. Hole 2 is a bridge. Hole 14 is a bike path(?). Both with the same cones.

As for the shot, I'm thinking an anny right at the the big tree on the left. Toss it up kinda high using my Illusion and let it fade back. This would probably get me out to those two big trees on the right. My pathetic rollers always turn right.

gonna throw a GL striker nice and low on a skip shot. Should be able to get 200' from the tee. Then it's all about the second shot... and a putt i'm sure to miss.

Kinda weird when i added a temp course it was taken off yet i see a few of them on here. I would throw my surge or a roller. I agree these threads are a good way to think about shots one wouldnt normally see.

Which ever fairway driver I am feeling for the day. RHBH, low. Not hard to get under those branches but dont expect your max distance.

For fun: I'd throw my Avenger SS and try to work a roller out of it.

For Reals: I'd throw my 150 Tsunami because it gets all its distance from speed and glide and doesn't light height at ALL.

I don't normally carry that disc in my Crunch Box...so unless I had my tourney bag with me I wouldn't even HAVE that disc with me...so let's be realistic.

I'd throw my Stalker and by trying to avoid that tree I'd only get about 200-300' out there. Then I'd probably throw either my champ wraith or wasp depending on the line I had to take out of there.

\/\/

I'd throw a rhfh flex shot towards the tree on the left. Hopefully this would get me out there a ways as my approach shots aren't really so good :-(.

i'm playin a star tl on nice low line drive to get as much distance as possible under those branches and have a 280'-300' approach, depending on conditions i'd either throw my z stalker or champ teebird to within the circle for a managable putt for a 3

Obviously gotta keep it low and sacrifice some distance. Flickin' an Xcal flat on a low line at the small opening on the left. Hoping simply to get under and past the big trees so that I can have some kind of second shot.

My understanding from the only review of the course is that it's a permanent course, but tough to follow, so the cones were included in the pics to help people find the tee boxes.

My line? Sneak out the night before and cut down a few branches....then straight up the middle. ;) Or maybe a forehand roller since the backhand ones never go where I want.

Tough one. I might be able to squeeze a TL on a Hyzer flip under there. I can probably flick something low, that's probably my best option. The roller does look tempting though.

I'd start off with a leopard, that'll will stick me between 275 & 300. I'd probably throw it again for the second shot, possibly from a stand still.

Latest posts