• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holler in the Hills closed?

we took Thursday as a chance to play this course when playing BG ams. What an awesome course. Glad i played it before all this.

I'd play there again in a heartbeat. Incredible course with very unique terrain.

I just hope the place doesn't get seized.

It is a beautiful course, even in December...

Attachments

• IMG_8831.jpg
    IMG_8831.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 79
Sad to hear this, hope it turns out well for him. I wonder what this does for BG Ams?

This year was the first time Holler was included in the BG Ams schedule, wasn't it? Worst case scenario, HB makes the schedule like he did in previous years.

I was wondering about the Ams because if HB isn't available to run the Ams in 2016....what happens then? Is there a 2nd in command to take over the TD reigns.....

Please keep forum rules in mind, this isn't the place for a discussion on the legality or morality of currently illegal (or semi-illegal) drugs. I'd like to keep this thread open for discussion of the course and the effects this could have on events etc., but if the thread keeps heading toward the drug discussion we'll have to lock it. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

I was wondering about the Ams because if HB isn't available to run the Ams in 2016....what happens then? Is there a 2nd in command to take over the TD reigns.....

The BG Am's TD is HB Clark. The owner of Holler is a different person.

I was wondering about the Ams because if HB isn't available to run the Ams in 2016....what happens then?

The event gets better and the 15-20K that he pockets on the event is then dumped back into the event, the courses, or like pre HB, a larger pro event?

Sorry, I'm the one who brought Bowling Green Ams into this....just speculating how much grief it would cause the TD of such an event, if the course closing had occurred shortly before the tournament. Imagine the scramble. I didn't mean to imply that the TD or Bowling Green Ams had any connection, other than including Holler in the Hills in this year's event, for some divisions.

Do people really have an issue with someone profiting off an event like this? The time involved along with the logistics of it are something that i would never want to do. Kudos for him, and i hope he took my entry fee and had a steak dinner.

Do people really have an issue with someone profiting off an event like this? The time involved along with the logistics of it are something that i would never want to do. Kudos for him, and i hope he took my entry fee and had a steak dinner.
I don't know (hopefully) that anyone has a problem with a TD especially a TD of an event the caliber and size of Bowling Green making money to compensate for the amount of hard work it takes to put on an event like this. The gripes I have heard basically stem from the "amount" of profit that may or may not have been taken.

I don't have a problem with a TD making money. But the amounts are way off.

How do you all know what the amount was?
Is it credible information or Internet chatter?

Latest posts