• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

Isn't there a name for this specific type of basket using bamboo pieces? I thought I heard it called something somewhere, but my memory sucks.

Garbage?
No I think these baskets are nice but not course worthy. A great home project but I would rather just buy a cheap basket.

I think I made one of the most ghetto DG baskets of all time. I was active duty navy at the time. I was on deployment, I brought a putter or two to throw around the hanger bay when off duty. I was itching for dg, so I made a basket with one of those telescoping yellow light poles without the lights, a round laundry basket, and some random chains that werent being used for anything. Not bad for doing a McGyver job in the middle of the ocean. Definately not PDGA approved.

a couple of pics of the prototype, of my horning's hideout type baskets
still a little rough, put its the first of seven
has "portable base" right now, will change when basket permanent location is determined

Attachments

• 2012-12-15_11-45-52_906.jpg
    2012-12-15_11-45-52_906.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 2012-12-15_11-46-46_340.jpg
    2012-12-15_11-46-46_340.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 186
has "portable base" right now, will change when basket permanent location is determined

first one is finished, and i am happy with the way it catches and the dimensions
so now i just need to whip up some more, place them where i think they might live
start throwing at them

Attachments

• 2012-12-28_13-57-27_147.jpg
    2012-12-28_13-57-27_147.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 208
Pine Mini Basket

Finally got around to making a mini basket out of pine, here she is.

Attachments

• mini bar.jpg
    mini bar.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 196
  • mini basket.jpg
    mini basket.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 212
IMG_20130206_180018_483.jpg

sup fellas im new to the site.. been playing disc golf for about 2 yrs now. need to work on my close game so i built me this..

125t0f9.jpg

Isn't there a name for this specific type of basket using bamboo pieces? I thought I heard it called something somewhere, but my memory sucks.

I think it's called a "wind chime" basket. :thmbup:

There's a similar one at Phantom Falls.

Last edited:
thanks fellas.. didnt take me long to build at all.. but like everyone says that damn chain is the expensive part.. if you had/have all this material or things u can make for the top, pole, basket.. go fort it then u will only spend 50 on the chain. $50 basket.... for me i had some of the stuff but i bought the pvc pipe, paint, chains so i spent about 60... now i could buy one but im down with that when there DIY self stuff... and why not try to learn a thing or too while doing it and your own ingenuity .. i have many more ideas and plans to come.. i will keep you guys posted..

first one is finished, and i am happy with the way it catches and the dimensions
so now i just need to whip up some more, place them where i think they might live
start throwing at them

finally getting around to working on these again

Attachments

• next basket.jpg
    next basket.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 2012-12-28_13-57-27_147.jpg
    2012-12-28_13-57-27_147.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 125