• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
Average around 350-420.

Max is about 530 real distance..not Internet distance like some of you are saying.

in the 330 range with my eagles and valks. I don't throw anything faster... my mids and XD go around 280... close to 300 sometimes, so not far behind.

I think I can honestly state that for most everyone the answer is "not far enough". Or put in the form of a question: Who wouldn't want to be able to throw farther?

I voted 350-375 because the OP said average and on average I'm getting my Roc and Eagles to that distance with ease.

But my Max (meaning hitting it 2/5 throws) is probably 475ft with my Destroyers.

But my absolute farthest throw is 530ft.

I haven't measured my drivers in a while since I haven't been needing them for the courses I have been playing lately. The last time I did measure them, they were going in the 440-450' range consistently with some throws nearing 500'. I voted 425-450 based on that.

Lately, I have been throwing Ions on holes any shorter than 330' because I have been getting them to 340-350' on a comfortable throw. Maybe tomorrow I will throw some drivers and measure them with my laser rangefinder.

Boy, the bs is thick in here. I like the guy who throws birdies on a 450ft par 3. In South Carolina, a 375 or above is generally a par 4, because the land is flat. Throwing off a mountain is gonna makeany player get more distance.....I played earlewood in Columbia that was pretty hilly, and hit birdies and eagles on 500ft holes. But that is not in my opinion how far I drive. A real drive to me, is flat land.....a disc, and let loose, then measure. If after reading this you still believe you throw 500+ft, then please video it, and show us. It would be the coolest video I have every seen.

Last edited:
First an explanation: I am a total nube. So new if fact that today I threw my first round of DG ever.

I only have one disc so far.. a 150gr Discraft Buzzz D and I took it out to the football/soccer field at the local park to get a feel for it and see how far I could throw it before playing a round of golf.

My first attempted throw was really pretty comical. It went out maybe fifty feet and suddenly went nearly vertical like an F15 on take off. Looked like it climbed to about 100 feet before stalling and reversing direction.... net gain about 25' :doh:

But after several more throws I was "crankin" :D them out there to about 120' -130' feet. Whoopee! :D Guess I have some work to do. :p

Boy, the bs is thick in here. I like the guy who throws birdies on a 450ft par 3. In South Carolina, a 375 or above is generally a par 4, because the land is flat. Throwing off a mountain is gonna makeany player get more distance.....I played earlewood in Columbia that was pretty hilly, and hit birdies and eagles on 500ft holes. But that is not in my opinion how far I drive. A real drive to me, is flat land.....a disc, and let loose, then measure. If after reading this you still believe you throw 500+ft, then please video it, and show us. It would be the coolest video I have every seen.

Last edited:
Dang! That dude at 2:04 absolutely bombed that roc, what a cannon :|!

p.s., to witness the 500 foot bomb, go to around 4:47, the disc is in the air about 10 seconds on a pure golf shot.

Do many people over-estimate their driving distance? Yes.
Is it as bad as you seem to think it is? Absolutely not.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that some people can throw 400+ on flat ground. I don't throw 500+ with any regularity, but I definitely can get 400 with a Teebird or most distance drivers without much problem.

Latest posts