• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
I can't throw nearly as far as I once was able to...I put down 260-280 but I can hit 300-350 with an old Scorpion and Viper from time to time. I once was able to get a scorpion 380-400 but that was a long time ago...

340-360 with a teebird, but i can get a roller with the tb or a stalker over 400

I haven't put any real gas behind my fairway drivers in a long time, when going for distance I almost always go alittle on the stable side. I like to throw my Monarch, Katana, and Firebird for distance.

Define "fairway driver" for Discraft. They describe the Cyclone and the Stalker as "Extra Long Distance Drivers," distinct from "Long Range Drivers," such as the Impact, and "Midrange Drivers," such as the Comet. I consider both the Cyclone and Stalker to be fairway drivers, but since I can throw my Stalker about as far as anything other than my Katana or maybe my Surge, I wonder if it deserves to be called a "high speed" driver. Maybe we should come up with more clarity for our speed categories?

Last edited:
Define "fairway driver" for Discraft. They describe the Cyclone and the Stalker as "Extra Long Distance Drivers," distinct from "Long Range Drivers," such as the Impact, and "Midrange Drivers," such as the Comet. I consider both the Cyclone and Stalker to be fairway drivers, but since I can throw my Stalker about as far as anything other than my Katana or maybe my Surge, I wonder if it deserves to be called a "high speed" driver. Maybe we should come up with more clarity for our speed categories?

I think I would call 1.6 to 1.7 cm rims fairway drivers

I can get 200'+ out of my 165g DX Leopard FH or BH. My favorite disc right now. I've got a 146g Cheetah and a 146g Shark (picked up used for cheap) that I can get almost 200' (and within 5 ft. of each other), BH only though--too much flutter FH. Thinking about ordering a heavier Cheetah to try FH.

I'm closing in fast on 40, and I've got some shoulder damage from sword fighting throughout my 20s, so I try not to overpower my shots. I've only been playing very casually since Nov., so maybe with some practice (and a lot of advice/YouTube vids!) I'll see some improvement.

I'm closing in fast on 40, and I've got some shoulder damage from sword fighting throughout my 20s, so I try not to overpower my shots. I've only been playing very casually since Nov., so maybe with some practice (and a lot of advice/YouTube vids!) I'll see some improvement.

sword fighting?

Just picked up my first fairway driver (175 CFR Glo Gazelle) finally. I threw it a couple times yesterday and today and got 200' my first couple of throws, but once I started to figure it out I had it going 300' or so (and distance should increase more as it gets beat in I would think).

you know, swashbuckling...

Sword fighting: Dressing in real, functional armor and beating on each other--all friendly like, of course. Hell of a lot of fun, especially when you get into big melee battles. Far less dangerous than it sounds, too. Did that for ~12 years, traveled all over the country for tournaments and such until my son was born and we decided to be a one-income family. It was too expensive and time consuming after that.

Latest posts