• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far do you throw?

How far do you throw?

• Total voters
There's an open hole, 305' (Google earth) with about an 8' rise at the short course that I play at during the week. I overshoot it by about 10-15 ft on good throws with my star Teebird, so I chose 300-320.

Aaannnd, I'm a filthy liar. Just checked the measurements again. The hole is ~280', and the paved driveway behind it is ~295' to 320' on the far side directly behind the hole. I put them in the road some times, so my vote is still technically accurate.

I voted 320-340. Was more like 340-360 2 months ago but now I got tennis elbow and It's slowed me down some.

I'm only at 260-280, at least usually. Was a rude awakening to play with people who actually know what they're doing. :eek:

Crap. I didn't see the context until later...I marked it down as 440+, which is where I'm at with distance drivers. As for fairway drivers, no idea. Maybe 400'?

As of 2010
DX Birdie > 80 meters (263ft)
Opto-line Fuse >> 100 meters (328ft)
Star Teebird >>> 130 meters (427ft)
Opto-line Halo >>>> 140 meters (460ft)
Star Destroyer >>>>> have pushed over 150 meters ones(492ft)

if im on a good day i can hit the upper ionosphere where my super modified destroyer can orbit the earth, eventually exiting orbit and parking hole 1 on longs mars red dust dgc. sucks cuz if i miss il stay within the mesophere and kill a whole village somewhere in india. if im on an off day i can throw 400+ consistent.

oh sh*t, teebirds only hit troposphere at best, dammit ive already partaken in this thread...

good old internet distance. Basically divide the stated distance by 2 and you have their actual distance.

If we are supposed to divide our Internet distance by two, I can throw 45 feet

brutal, well at least you can putt farther...:thmbup:

I would be pissed if after 2 years I could only throw 160'...

I'm pretty sure my very first throw with a disc ever(FH) went over 200'. I couldn't imagine not being able to throw over 160' after 2 years.

My longest recorded throw this year was 332'. I think I can stretch it to 350+ and are going to work on getting more wrist into my distance throws this year.

Latest posts