• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How far have you thrown in one day?

On an aside, I'm realizing it's virtually impossible to get an exact distance. I couldn't tell what the course length was for the IDGC in August '14 for example when I played the 3 courses. That day was followed by four more courses, then an additional 5 the day after.

The underlined. I often mix long and short tees depending on what looks interesting or how I feel at the moment, plus DGCR score keeping doesn't accommodate rotating pin placements well.

Other significant totals I've hit the same day are:
all four at Lemon Lake
Deerfield Orig, Wildwood, The Jungle, Chippewa Trails
all three at IDGC
Beast, Goliath, and Whiskey Hills

10/30/2020 is the biggest that I can remember, East TX road trip bagging The Nazz, Copperhead, Lumberton, Klein and Tyrell. Per DGCR distance it was 34,500 feet of golf hole distance. My Garmin had 32000 steps and 16.3 miles walked.

10/30/2020 is the biggest that I can remember, East TX road trip bagging The Nazz, Copperhead, Lumberton, Klein and Tyrell. Per DGCR distance it was 34,500 feet of golf hole distance. My Garmin had 32000 steps and 16.3 miles walked.

I've played the Lumberton course. Not familiar with Tyrell. Is it Tyrell park in Beaumont by the ball golf course? Going to be down that way later this year. Thanks.

I did rent a cart, maybe it doesn't count then! :)

Hahaha! Not saying it doesn't count, I was just hoping you rented one, for the sake of your knees and ankles, with that kind of schedule!

33,825 feet

117 holes; 10 courses around Harrisburg PA on 10/10/20:

Creekside @ Ridley Park
Adventure Park
Willow Mill Park
Bethany Village
Messiah Village
Simpson Park
Messiah University
Red Land High School
Schiavoni Park
Hotel Hershey

i think my craziest day was

Spring Lake west - Texarkana - 5128
Spring Lake East - Texarkana - 5305
Trey Deuce - Mount Vernon - 7572
Texas Twist - Mount Vernon - 9019
Lakeside Selah Ranch - Talco - 7700
Creekside Salah Ranch - Talco - 8911
Lynn Bush - Bogata - 2156
Walker Park - Paris - 5696

51,187ft total or 9.69 miles

Had a cart though for the two at Selah, the other courses were on foot.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/roadtrips.php?mid=8530&tid=3414#maptop

Literally had a heart attack on hole 3. :(

For real?! Glad your still around!
I never want to know what that's like.

NoBo is a helluva course...
but I guess it's not quite to die for.

Last edited:
Just over 18K at world doubles. Amateur Masters women played longs on Selah Ranch Lakeside and Creekside. Pace of play was definitely an issue.

I think we played all three courses at Lindsey Park in Tyler TX in one day, but that was before they lengthened the red course. So I can't really check the total length on that one.

For real?! Glad your still around!
I never want to know what that's like.

NoBo is a helluva course...
but I guess it's not quite to die for.
No joke. It wasn't bad enough initially to finish the course and play 5 more courses that weekend, but did prevent me from making it to the 6th and beyond courses. I didn't know I was going on initially, thought I was whipping my off arm weirdly or something and it was cold and snowing and out of breath but that is kind of expected going up them hills. Woke up the last day in cold sweat and about to throw up, called a friend who had a heart attack and told me to go to the hospital asap. The worst part of it was the hospital food not agreeing with me and not being able to shower for 5 days, and all the sticky pads on my hairy body and the bills.

Literally had a heart attack on hole 3. :(

I was thinking you were joking about that somehow, even though you said literally. :doh:

Glad you're OK. Hole 3 is just sadistic if it's the one I'm thinking of. Is that the super stupidly uphill one? More uphill than all the other uphill ones if that's possible. And it seemed like 15 of the 18 were somehow uphill. I did actually title my review NoBo is no joke though, as a joke. That course is just downright relentless.

I've played the Lumberton course. Not familiar with Tyrell. Is it Tyrell park in Beaumont by the ball golf course? Going to be down that way later this year. Thanks.

Yep, big sprawling park in a rice field next to the golf course. It was the last course of the day and was still holding water after 3 dry days. Nice tees and baskets though, I would recommend it on fresh arms/ legs and in the dry season.

Latest posts