• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How many discs do you own?!

How many discs do you own?

• 0-25 (Just enough for my bag)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • 25-50 (I got backups yo)

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • 50-100 (I got backups...for my backups)

Votes: 41 27.0%
  • 100+ (I got 99 problems and a disc ain't one)

Votes: 70 46.1%

• Total voters
I have 131 gaining all the time haha. i have purchased quite a few and discovered a few no namers (which i will never understand why people do that) i found a 1st Run CE firebird look like it had been thrown maybe 3 times. Many of the disc i have found n a lake people where very grateful of me to find and return. Few of them even told me to keep the disc!

Without prerube the whole system shuts down.

I have 300+. I'm not really sure how it keeps growing as I sell many on a regular basis. I have about 100 in my backup box and well over 200 in my sell box. I have seen collections that put mine to shame though. Max crotts from Greeneville nc has a large collection and I have always heard that Norris from the triangle has discs that can be counted closer to 1000

Yeah my bad on the thread duplication I just saw a picture of discfiends collection and finally had to ask. I have always wondered what the average number is which is why I added a poll. The other thread does not have a poll but if a merge needs to happen please do so.

i always seem to get up to 120 or so then start losing them and giving them away. the number of discs ive gone thru is mind boggling.

Gotta be 150 to 200. I don't play many tournaments. I give away more discs than can be remembered. I don't buy collectibles, don't have that many either. In my career: Found most of my firsts, bought a bunch once I was hooked, got tons playing my first tourneys, and now all the in flow is purchased; as I don't play many tourneys and stay on the fairway to not find them.

Theres 10 in the bag. Maybe 10 more backups. The rest is all split between ace discs, tournament memorabilia, sentimentals, putters, and brand new plastic I'm waiting to give away sometime.

About 20 in the Grip...another 20 or so in the Fade Tourney...10-12 in the kid's bag...and maybe 15-20 others laying around.

65-75, I guess. It sure doesn't seem like that many....of course, 20 of them are Wizards.

100+ just happened. It wasn't intentional. I maintain two bags with my a set of discs. According to my 9 year old, my last count was 111. Memory is better than mine so that's probably right, except for a couple brand new ones. So maybe 120 or so now.

Many are backups and discs that are constantly being cycled.
Several are keepers... nothing special, really, to anyone but me.
Several are failed attempts at finding that "magic" distance driver.
Many are just molds that I don't use any more and "beyond beat" discs.
Some are tournament winnings and gifts from other golfers.

Some day, maybe I'll go through and actually create a trade/sale list.

That's about it.

Last edited:
Around 90 or so. Carry around 22 normally in my bag. I would say I'm not even at all concerned I have too many.

Had to check my disc organizer to find out[I've kept it organized so far].

Currently it seems I have 33 in 2 bags and 78 loose, so 111, but I'm sure there's a few lost in the shuffle. The 78 loose are 50/50 backups/collectors.

I spent this winter in Alaska and I filled my DG fix by buying discs. I have 250+ waiting for me at home. I have been playing less than a year. Do I have a problem?

2nd question should be how many discs are IN your bag on average.