• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

I've only done it once, but that is only because we only get snow down here like once or twice a decade.

just played at Bellamy disc course in Dover NH there was about 2 and a half feet of snow we got about a foot on new white yesterday, it was my 1st time and was a blast, it was a great leg work out there was a few drifts with about 3 feet of snow yeee haaa we duck taped about 2 feet of landscapers ribbon to our discs they were easy to find that way, if you get the chance to come to NH try this course its not too long but challanging as hell for 18 holes.

heading out in an hour for two rounds in balmy 32º.

hopefully most of the dumping we got wednesday is gone by now.

Insane. Tried to play Quail Ridge yesterday and with a foot of snow on the ground, a guy in our group lost a disc on his second throw. We gave up shortly after. Good luck :thmbup:

You guys sure got it easy. I live in northern minnesota. I went last week, and the snow is two to three feet deep, and we've had temps around 10-20 below zero. Our winter tourney last feb. was 40 below.

Just played my first round in the snow, we did skip a bunch of holes...only played 10 holes using almost all the short cuts that hiestand park has to offer. Met a guy on whole 18 when we skipped over to it who just before my friend was about to say something said "Seriously? You're going to skip ahead of us and not even let us shoot though?" With the way he said it I wish one of us had just said something along the lines of "Well when you ask like that, sure." Otherwise it was a pretty fun time, no one lost a disc and I think we actually found them all faster than most days in the summer oddly enough.

10-15 below yesterday with fairly heavy snowfall, and a foot of fresh stuff on the ground. Worst I've played in yet, but we played all 18, lost no discs, and all with no ribbons, etc...

Decided I don't like steenking reebons.

I thought I posted here already. I often disc in the snow. A sunny, calm day in the teens or twenties is a gift.

You guys sure got it easy. I live in northern minnesota. I went last week, and the snow is two to three feet deep, and we've had temps around 10-20 below zero. Our winter tourney last feb. was 40 below.

I hear ya, North Dakota aint' much better. Several feet of snow on the ground, and last week some days didn't get above zero for the hi's. I get enough of the snow when I'm out hauling grain trying to keep 80,000 lbs. between the lines (er, I mean grass), but that's just me. Don't let me stop you, disc on!

I thought I posted here already. I often disc in the snow. A sunny, calm day in the teens or twenties is a gift.

o_O Really? We've had 20's for a while except when some really cold Canadian air decided it wanted to freeze us up for a few days.

I play all year, in all sorts of snow.

Two things have so far allowed me to find every disc again. 1 : pay attention where it lands. 2 : use a spotter.

When is it just too much snow???
28693_g.jpg

This year is the first year I decided to play through the winter...at first it was cool, then it was OK, but after 2 straight months with snow on the ground, its finally starting to get annoying :(

This year is the first year I decided to play through the winter...at first it was cool, then it was OK, but after 2 straight months with snow on the ground, its finally starting to get annoying :(

Man up! It's not that bad this year compared to recent Chicago winters

Oh i have no plans of quitting now! :D I gotta practice for my local ice bowl!

This winter hasnt been too cold, but I dont remember the last time we had snow that stuck for this long.

I went out an played in 3 inches this weekend in 8 degree F weather. Except for one bad throw that rolled into a snow drift, I didn't have any trouble.

I would much rather play when it's 10F and sunny. No matter what I'm going to be cold, but if it's cold enough, the snow won't stick to the discs and melt. When it's right around freezing is the worst time to play, IMO, because everything gets soaked.

I had a lot of trouble with the teepads, though. I took a shovel with me and cleared them off, but they were still really slick because people had been playing on them and compacting the snow. It seems to me that if you aren't going to shovel the teepads, you should play from next to the pads - the dirt/grass is going to be less slippery anyway.

playin in the snow

booya!

here's me in 4 degrees a few days ago near cleveland ohio

my drive looks funky because i'm actually on a sheet of ice

Also, throwing rollers in 3 inches of powdery snow is a blast. They don't go anywhere, but they launch snow about 20 feet in the air.