• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many Putters do You have in your bag?

How many Putters do you have in your bag?

Votes: 2 0.2%

Votes: 49 6.0%

Votes: 179 22.1%

Votes: 216 26.7%

Votes: 192 23.7%
  • 5+

Votes: 172 21.2%

• Total voters
2x Protege Clozers - identical set my main putting putters
seasoned Protege Clozer - upshots and some drives
Legend Clutch - main driving putter
ESP Zone - fh and bh upshots, utility, etc. (dont really consider this a putter in my bag though)

Right now I'm carrying 6! Don't know how it got to this point.

1. medium wizard (main putter #1)
2. supersoft wizard (main putter #2)
3. soft wizard (main thrower, straight stable)
4. soft wizard (beat to death, understable thrower)
5. fossil scale (subs for #3 when the wind is up)
6. armor scale (total meathook, mini firebird)

2 Wiz, G18, SS and a rhyno for upshots and the occasional super windy putt. Sometimes add 1 or 2 wizards if I am going to practice putt. Another G18 and another SS or RFF. SS for spin putts, G18 for push putts.

Too many.

2 Gravity Clutches
1 Z Glo Magnet until I can get aholt of a Legend Clutch
1 Soft Magnet until I can beat the snot out of a Gravity Clutch
1 Z Glo Zone

2 Voodoos, usually both 168 SSS. When I'm playing smart, I use them interchangeably for just about everything. Sometimes there's a 175 OG, usually if it's super windy but I often end up throwing multiple putts and the extra 7 grams doesn't really seem to matter.
I have Voodoos in every available plastic, mostly 175's except for the 168 SSS ones I actually use. The heaviest one is over 180 in the Evo plastic and it is the flippiest of them all.
I have to add that the SSS 168 Voodoos I throw are all white. For some reason they are always consistent no matter when I order them. Over the winter I ordered a red one and a blue one for the snow and ended up not being able to use either one. The white ones are always flat with the same feel. The blue one was concave and slick, the red one was super domey and chalky. Neither one felt nor flew like any of my other Voodoos.

From there we move to the rotating stability spot when I carry my bigger bag. Currently this spot is going to be filled by a max weight G* Rhyno that was in my trunk the other day when I went to play and forgot my bag. It's been a while since it's been in the bag, my throwing style has changed so maybe it will be a better fit for me now. Others that have been in the stable/overstable/approach spot recently were a Warden (2 disc challenge, liked it but gave it to a friend that needed a putter because it worked better than anything else had for him), Wizard, Dagger... where before it was almost always a Zone, but that has been extra problematic for me lately so I dropped it at least for a while.

Although I learned to throw putters off the tee last year, I feel like I have more control and thus have more confidence throwing mids wherever I can.

Usually only carry one putter at a time. I very rarely throw upshots or off the tee with a putter, that's what the Pink Panther is for. But I have these molds:

1. DD Classic Blend Judge, 174g - main putter.
2. Innova Nova, 172g - backup putter, sometimes throw upshots/approaches with it.
3. Innova Champion Avair P&A, 168g - pleasantly surprised how stiff it is, and how well it throws.
4. Innova McPro Avair, 175g - love the stiff McPro plastic. A bit slick but throws well for me.
5. Discraft Pro-D Challenger, 170-172g - stiff plastic but not durable, good putter.
6. Innova Star Aviar P&A, 172g - actually have several in various weights. I like firm Star plastic.
7. Innova GStar Aviar P&A 166g - way too soft and flippy for me, and wish I'd gotten a heavier weight. Only use this if I play an "all GStar" bag. I do like GStar for other discs, but not the putter.

2x S Wizards - One for putting, one for drives
Superglow Wizard - Long putts
SSS Wizard - Upshots that need to stay put
RDG Fossil Scale - Approaches, utility, wind duties
RDG Fossil Serpent - Currently testing this disc out. Similar to my S Wizard thrower.

3 Blowflies ( 2x backup, yeah it's overkill; Outside circle putter)
Fluid Judge (driving putter)
Classic Blend Judges( Inside circle putter)
M+S Ridge ( Stable mild wind putter)
RDG Scale ( OS hurricane putter)

I carry 7

2 Westside Swans as my main putting putters

4 Innova Rhynos - From turbo putts,approaches,straight shots,turnovers to stable shots Rhyno has me covered.

1 Westside VIP Harp - My utlility putter. very overstable shots,pancakes to forehands

1 Firm Atom: straight to stable driving putter
1 Soft Envy: 175g straight to fade
1 Neutron Envy: 165g straight to slight fade
1 Fossil Scale: beeeeef
1 Fossil Serpent: chains putter

5 in total and I really love throwing each one of these. Putters are the best part of DG hands down.

I usually carry two putters but lately I have been carrying three and feeling extravagant:

165 Soft Envy: main drive / approach putter
172 Soft Electron Atom: understable drive / approach putter
170 Soft Electron Atom: putting

Atom and Envy feel the same so I can putt with either if needed.

2 x 175g Judges, 1 classic blend...1 classic - putting/driving putters
1 x 175g RPro Rhino - upshot/wind putter
2 x 175g XD - driving putters

Today its 5... 3-7 somewhere in that range typically
Lost my 2 year seasoned Wizard :wall:
While working in a new one, I actually got an Ace with it! Promptly retired the disc.
Put Opto Pure and Soft Neutron Envy back in, got an Ace with Pure same hole 6 days later!
Now i brought the Wizard out of retirement and the Pure/Envy are riding the pine.
I got commitment issues...

2x OG Soft Wizards - Putting Duties
Soft Wizard - All Typical Driving Duties, Upshots
ESP Glo Zone - Driving, Upshots, FH, skips, spikes
Crystal FLX Zone - Upshots... More HSS but skips less than ESP

Usually just 2 both identical Summit at the moment, though on some courses I'll throw in a Classic Roc, Hydra or Pig/Rhyno

1 Star dart that I use for upshots from 100 ft and less.
And when I am in my Putt stance I use a Gummy Champ Rhyno.
I also am testing out a Champ Classic Roc at the moment for longer shots about 250ft and in.

Five if you count the Zone, four if you don't.

I putt with two Classic Hard Judges. They are identical in flight, feel, stability, and wear and I alternate every other hole so they stay that way forever.

I drive with a Lucid Judge. And sometimes an ESP Zone but driving with it feels more like driving a slow mid than a fast putter to me. I like my putters SLOW.

If for some reason I need to do something tricky for a short drive or approach I have the Zone and a Classic Soft Judge. The Zone is a Zone and does Zone things and the Softie is great for touch shots around things where I really need the sit-and-stick.

Latest posts