• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many rounds are played on your course?

Highway Bill

Par Member
So, what do you think? How many rounds are played on your favorite local course? I want to hear about the busiest courses in your area. I know this will be difficult to determine with some of the "free" city and state park courses out there.

A Borderland State Park ranger was recently quoted as saying more than 60,000 visitors played on the layouts there last year in Easton,MA. The park sees around 200,000 total visitors so that's a pretty good % of people playing dg.

How many play your courses every year?

I run some leagues at Jefferson Barracks Historical Park in STL. There is a brand new course, Willmore Park, just down the road (less than 10 minutes drive time) that helps alleviate a LOT of the pressure that JB was feeling, but we still managed to go through over 10,000 scorecards last year. I would guess that around 25% of the groups that play the course actually take a card. Doing some simpleton math, I would guess that JB sees around 100,000 or more rounds a year! Wait, is that possible...

Last edited:
Oh, about 10 or 20 per month, outside of tournaments.

Earlewood Park in Columbia, SC, is a popular, though by no means crowded, course. A couple of years ago someone sat there for a couple of hours and counted unique individuals playing. I can't remember the number, but it was astounding.

Someone ask the guy at Morley Field how many play there. I suspect that's the top end.

Oh, about 10 or 20 per month, outside of tournaments.

Earlewood Park in Columbia, SC, is a popular, though by no means crowded, course. A couple of years ago someone sat there for a couple of hours and counted unique individuals playing. I can't remember the number, but it was astounding.

Someone ask the guy at Morley Field how many play there. I suspect that's the top end.

Yeah, Morley is way out on the extreme end. I've seen 30+ people waiting on the first tee in the middle of the morning on a weekday along with 2-4 groups on each tee throughout the course. It's worse on weekends. That adds up to a ton of people, especially since it stays busy year round.

My home course is only one of two around a heavily populated valley. I couldn't even imagine how many rounds are played there per year.

Best guess

365 days
Average round per day maybe 50. Winter maybe 1-5 but summer 100plus

Around 18500

Seems like it is time for a few more courses.

Oregon park has to be over 20,000 rounds a year. In the summer I wouldnt be surprised I it had some 150+ round days.

Even in the winter there are big days where 50+ people are playing in a day at least.

Yeah, Morley is way out on the extreme end. I've seen 30+ people waiting on the first tee in the middle of the morning on a weekday along with 2-4 groups on each tee throughout the course. It's worse on weekends. That adds up to a ton of people, especially since it stays busy year round.

note to self, never go to morley.

Searight in Austin was real busy when I was there. played my round in a group of about 25 people. at one point we passed a group of 22. most people I've seen on a hole at one time.

the course five minutes from my house sees very little traffic though :hfive:

On the busiest days of summer, Bald Eagle might see 10 or 15 full rounds a day, at least two of them from me. This time of year I'm lucky to get 2 rounds in a week myself, and I might see a round from an outside source 2 or 3 times a month. So, I'm going to guess it saw around 300 rounds this year - less than a round a day.

Both Wilmington courses stay pretty busy. Our pitch and putt course attracts people because it's easy, short, and beginner friendly. Traffic has really picked up since this past year with our club hosting Monday night doubles there, and the TD offering to pay the buy-in for any first timers deciding to throw makes it even more attractive for newbies shaking off the first-time jitters. ("First time's always free....") And once they come to the dubz, they always seem to come back. Nevertheless, I think that course just seems busier since it's shorter.

The REAL COURSE in Wilmington stays pretty busy because it's top-shelf. Being arguably one of the best courses in North Carolina -- it's in the top five of the highest rated courses in the state -- it's nice, it's tough, and it's fun. It'll take your lunch money and make you ask for seconds. Castle Hayne will do that to a man.

I've no idea how many rounds are played per year, but I know that I play at least five rounds per week year round at both courses. Averaging that with the traffic I see on a regular basis....well, I'm no math wizard, but I'd say......yeah, it's a lot.

A LOT of rounds are played at my local courses. Probably not what you were looking for, but hey.....

Boy, that's tough to answer. The busiest courses in Cincinnati are the old Steady Ed ones that are now very popular with casual players. I could estimate Woodland Mound to have 10 to 40 players on it at any given time of day when the weather's nice. I've rarely seen folks waiting on a hole. Sometimes waiting to tee off, but not often. Let's estimate as high as 200 rounds a day 150 days a year, 100 rounds a day another 100 days a year and as few as 10 to 25 rounds a day when it's not so nice out. Woah! That's around 42,000 rounds a year (totally spitballing the numbers though).

My home course, Joseph Davis State Park, during the week in the warmer weather probably sees 20 or more rounds a day. Once the temps start to approach the freezing mark that number drops. That said even in some of the coldest and most snowy days JD still sees a handful of rounds from the "regulars" including my wife and me. And Joseph Davis isn't the busiest course in the area.

Former Morley local - I don't remember how many years ago this was, but I heard a number in the 100k range for unique play bands issued per year. Works out to about 300 players a day, which makes sense. Number of rounds played might be twice that...

Hawk Hollow sees very little play- it's closed about half the year and sees fewer than 10 rounds a week when it is open unless there is an event coming up.

Next closest course for me is the Betty Queen Center in Louisa which is also lightly played- almost never more than 1-2 groups out there.

Next closest is Blockhouse which is technically closed but sees a steady trickle of play.

Loriella is next and stays busy pretty much all the time- i would guess something along the lines of 15k per year.

Is Morley Field pay to play? If not, it sounds like it should be to assess how a great dg course can sustain as ptp.

Is Morley Field pay to play? If not, it sounds like it should be to assess how a great dg course can sustain as ptp.

Yes, Morley is pay-to-play. It's in a park, but a vendor leases it from the city, charges to play, runs a pro shop, maintains the course (with a bunch of pin placements).

I haven't played it, but have met people from San Diego, who confirm it's legendary status as being perpetually crowded.

By all accounts it's not a great disc golf course, but a good one which has had little competition from free courses. It's really a testament as to how much business a course can theoretically do.

Our only course is just over the border in germany, with no local club.

We are usually a group of 5 who plays there like every other weekend when there are no tournaments. We never see any other players there. So I'd say 10-20 players a month... But we are working on it^^

Former Morley local - I don't remember how many years ago this was, but I heard a number in the 100k range for unique play bands issued per year. Works out to about 300 players a day, which makes sense. Number of rounds played might be twice that...

After reading this...

Yes, Morley is pay-to-play. It's in a park, but a vendor leases it from the city, charges to play, runs a pro shop, maintains the course (with a bunch of pin placements).

And then this..It suddenly occurred to me that maybe there is one guy getting rich from disc golf. ;)

Latest posts