• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many US states have you played? What’s your next state to cross off?

Played in all 50 states finishing up with the 6 New England states in Sep 2019 but it did take 30 years. Designed or consulted on course improvements in 25 states.

I want to head back to Kauai to make playing Lydgate more "official". Did the original design and was able to "play it" without baskets. That full design didn't get installed, just partly. A course in that park was eventually installed several years later, and the layout does include several of the holes we designed.

Arrange that DGCR trek to Minnesota and maybe I'll be able to join in for some designer perspective, even on courses I didn't develop.
Appreciative of all your efforts sir, thank you!

Official DGCR count is 49 "states" played, including Washington, DC and British Columbia, Canada.

In the lower 48, I hope to hit Utah and/or Nevada next year.

Hawaii is the only other US state I am missing, but bagging that state may not happen for a while (if ever).
Ooooh, yes, not to mention all the countries continents out there to explore!

Possibly, CA/NV on the docket next year, or MT (ID/WY/UT?). Or both. Who knows? Hopefully NY and Ontario as well.
Been considering California for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. Hopefully we both can get that one crossed off this year!

After a day trip to bag a few 18-holes south of St. Louis this weekend, I'm at 146 courses across 8 states:

Illinois - 64
Indiana - 2
Iowa - 11
Kentucky - 3
Michigan - 2
Missouri - 54
Ohio - 1
Wisconsin - 9

My next state will likely be Vermont, as a trip to see friends up there is a priority for '24 and they're too close to Brewster not to play it. Kansas will likely get checked off in the next year or two. Texas may be on the radar as well as my wife is interested in a family trip down there. If Disneyworld put a course on property, that would certainly get Florida checked off for me as well.
I'm surprised you haven't got MN in there being all around IL, IA, WI. However, you got a good one coming up in Vermont! So beautiful out there.

As of 9-DEC-2023, I stand at 214 total, including extinct courses.
As for states, DGCR has me at 22, which is technically true, but I don't really like to count a state unless I play at least three in a single state.
...Anyway...

78 - PA
48 - NJ (home)
11- MD
8 - CT
7 - IN, NY
6 - DE, TX
5 - KY, VA
4 - MA, NH, WV
3 - ME, OH, TN, VT
2 - AL, AR, IL, LA
1 - MS

Which state will I cross off next? I feel like I should have visited Rhode Island by now, so maybe I'll head back into New England soon. Either there or North Carolina via the DelMarVa peninsula. 2024 will be another good year for disc golf...!
Cheers to 2024! also, way to represent North Eastern disc golf!

Listed in order of attainment. Nevada should be getting crossed of Tuesday. Work trip.

Wisconsin - 48 - old home
Indiana - 12 - old home
Florida - 120 - old home
Texas - 49 - old home
Alabama - 139 - home
California - 2
Georgia - 69
Kentucky - 14
Tennessee - 96
Illinois - 14
Mississippi - 12
Arkansas - 5
Louisiana - 3
Virginia - 1
North Carolina - 16
South Carolina - 5
England - 1
Scotland - 1
Ohio - 1
Missouri - 3
Michigan - 12
Washington - 11
British Columbia - 5
Oregon - 4
Well traveled indeed!

Most memorable state so far? It seems you have played MN already, having one course, was that a popular course like BRP? EDIT: my tired eyes read that you had MN on the wish list.
memorable State, that is a tough one.

Kansas has SO many courses. Almost every small town seems to have one. I have really enjoyed my many trips up there.

Arkansas is close to my heart, I really like a lot of the courses there.

I also have enjoyed MO so far. I will be making more trips there eventually. I still have a lot of Kansas courses to play

As far as MN, For my wife and my anniversary in June, I told her I had 2 days off, I would go any where she wanted but we only had 60 hours.

She really wanted to see the Corn Palace in Mitchell SD. So we drove overnight, played 2 courses in NE, then visited a Marble Museum and the Corn Palace. I did play the courses in Mitchell and we drove over to Sioux Falls to spend the night. We got up early and hit a little 9 hole course in MN, then a little 9 hole course in IA so I could count those states. After doing a few more touristy things, I played a few small courses in NE south of Omaha before we drove home It was a heck of a trip.

She really wanted to see the Corn Palace in Mitchell SD.

When we were on our homeward section of a trip out west, our Montana one I'm pretty sure, we stayed in Mitchell SD. I sent my mom some pictures of Spearfish Canyon, Pagaent Hill etc. She never leaves WI so I always try to send her pictures. She seemed more excitited that we were in Mitchell SD and asked if we were going to see the corn palace. I was like WTF is the corn palace lol. She was very excited about it. I didn't go there of course, but now I need to look it up.

Hmmm… idk… I'll allow it!

What's the first state on your wishlist? How many Countries have you played in?

Are they called provinces within each country or does each country have their own states within?
I don't have a wishlist to be honest, but if I'd have to choose between states I think I'd prefer somewhere wooded, mainly because most of Estonia's courses are wooded courses.

I haven't had the chance to visit many European countries, but so far I've played in Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Sweden & Spain.

Fun fact! In Czech Republic I threw my first foreign country ace.

In Estonia they are called "counties", we have a total of 15 of them. In addition, Estonia is a very small country, hence I've played disc golf in most of the counties.

My only experience with Tennessee was short lived passing through by car, but it was so surreal driving through with fog off descended off the Smokey Mountains
We had a similar experience passing through the eastern half of the state this summer. Some really beautiful country. We were heading from the Chicago area to Florida and I'd already penciled in dg stops in Kentucky and Georgia for that trip, so I wasn't able to bag Tennessee. Also missed out when I was in Memphis for work a few years back. One of these days.

Course Count : 1575 (DGCR 1515)
States Played : 49
Last State to Play: Hawaii (hopefully get it in the next two years)

Top Ten Most Played States: (+ means I have private courses played in those states)

California : 550+
Arizona : 120+
Oregon : 116+
Texas : 76
Minnesota :68
Florida : 63
North Carolina : 62+
Wisconsin : 48+
Colorado : 45+
Nevada : 44

When we were on our homeward section of a trip out west, our Montana one I'm pretty sure, we stayed in Mitchell SD. I sent my mom some pictures of Spearfish Canyon, Pagaent Hill etc. She never leaves WI so I always try to send her pictures. She seemed more excitited that we were in Mitchell SD and asked if we were going to see the corn palace. I was like WTF is the corn palace lol. She was very excited about it. I didn't go there of course, but now I need to look it up.
DO NOT go out of your way to visit the Corn Palace. At least it's free. My wife is an artist and this is one of the things on her "bucket list" that she wants to see. We did get some corn :p and Ice Cream across the street. There are several "touristy" shops in the area as it's a big draw.

We still have to see the Basket Building in Ohio someday, it was just too far of a drive for a 60 hour trip.

After our trip to Maine this summer, I'm now at 21 States played, and 4 Canadian Provinces. I was fortunate to play 2 courses in each of the Provinces, including Hillcrest Farm!!

Next state on my list will probably be OH, then maybe MI or WI.

Just bagged courses in Louisiana last week for State #24! Not sure which state will be next -- maybe New Jersey?

Tennessee - 135 (home state)
Georgia - 87
North Carolina - 69
Alabama - 59
Kentucky - 33
Missouri - 30 (in-laws)
Virginia - 29
South Carolina - 23
Ohio - 20
Indiana - 19
Illinois - 16
West Virginia - 6
Maryland - 5
Florida - 5
Louisiana - 4
Mississippi - 4
Nebraska - 4
Arkansas - 3
Kansas - 2
Michigan - 2
Minnesota - 2
Pennsylvania - 2
Delaware - 1
Iowa - 1

The last few posters have neglected to say what they plan to play next..,
We had a trip planned for the summer of 2020 that would have taken us to two more provinces of Canada where I haven't been or played. That trip got canceled, of course, and we haven't rescheduled it. I've played in 5 provinces, so I guess it would be nice to add more. :)

Hillcrest, on Prince Edward Island, is definitely in my top five. But we were there in 2013, long before the hurricane that damaged it. Idk what kind of shape it is in now.

Latest posts