• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much have you spent on discs?

How much have you spent on discs?

• $0 - $25

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $25 - $75

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $75 - $250

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • $1000 - $2000

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • More than $2000

Votes: 75 38.7%

• Total voters
If we're talking lifetime, easily two grand. I'll bet I've given away, lost and just wore out more discs than I presently own. My present collection would probably come in under $500.

As long as I continue to maintain a larger beer budget, than a disc budget, I feel OK. Sadly, both are above 2K.

Well... In boxes on my desk I have over 200 discs, more boxes in my garage, totally around 400... Plus the dozens I've lost or given away to new players or giveaways at leagues or the annual "grow the sport" kid's event... 6-7 bags... Cart... Baskets... Collectibles... Wood/Glass/Metal Minis... Clothes... Hats... Tournament/League fees... Uhhh... $6-7k or so? Total winnings? Over 13 years, maybe $1000 total ever... That's depressing.

At DiscGolfCenter, you receive 10% off once you've spend over a $1000. It says I'm at $2900. I have probally thrown almost every mold over the last few years.

Two years ago I spent over $1000 at DGBM alone. Combined with other purchases from other online retailers, I was probably well over $2000 total. Yes, I'm terribly embarrassed about that.

Compared to most other hobbies that I have had over my lifetime, disc golf is dirt cheap. I pay nothing to play at the courses that I routinely play on. Spending $10 to $20 for a disc is a minor recreation expense. I just enjoy trying new plastic, and occasionally buy one just for my collection with no intention of ever throwing it.

throwing $10 out there once in a while for a DX disc doesn't seem like much. some pints of beer are more than that now. cheap fricking sport regardless.....

for reference, when I started in the 90's it was like difficult to spend over a hundred bucks.

discs, were six to seven bucks.

so, well, we have like hundreds of choices now. so to be a smart consumer if you are a hardcore you will like test a lot of discs so I'm thinking close to 500 would be a good estimate of trying to test things out and putting together a legitimate bag.

this is both part of the fun and downside that we have choices. back then no... it was a gateway bag and literally just a few molds that pros used- both sides of the fence...

so, I don't know what to say on that one. we have lost some of the keep it simple type philosophy that I always try to employ but has become more difficult with my love of new plastic..

my answer would be a resounding too much!

Im easily over $2000, carry a bag of under 15 discs and Im not even a collector.

I have quite the stock pile of back ups accumulated over the years. And stacks of crap I dont even throw anymore but could if I had no other choices.

Best thing I ever did regarding DG was sell all my extra PDs and a handful of others so I could buy a bass guitar.

I've been playing for a long time. I don't have to do the math. You're welcome disc manufacturers!

Im easily over $2000, carry a bag of under 15 discs and Im not even a collector.

I have quite the stock pile of back ups accumulated over the years. And stacks of crap I dont even throw anymore but could if I had no other choices.

Best thing I ever did regarding DG was sell all my extra PDs and a handful of others so I could buy a bass guitar.

What kind of bass? (thrembo rocks a fretless Fender Jazz)

When I was traveling to west Texas regularly and had nothing else in my free time to do but play, I was buying 3 premium discs or more to try out every week. I did it for three years. That's in the neighborhood of $7500 just for those three years. I've been playing more than 20 years. I don't buy near as much now, but my total would be over 10 grand pretty easy.

This is a depressing thread.

What kind of bass? (thrembo rocks a fretless Fender Jazz)

Fretless would be awesome. Wish I could learn that.

I talked to the fine folks over on reddit on /r/bass and they recommended a squier vintage jazz bass. So I picked up one because they said it was one of the best bang for buck. Its a maple neck with black body. Super sexy, and plays well. I got it "used" on feebay for $250 shipped.

I've spent well over $2000, but it's one the cheapest hobbies I've had. I've spent way more on fly fishing over the years, which is still not even close to what avid ball golfers normally spend.