• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much have you spent on discs?

How much have you spent on discs?

• $0 - $25

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $25 - $75

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • $75 - $250

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • $250 - $500

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • $500 - $1000

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • $1000 - $2000

Votes: 34 17.5%
  • More than $2000

Votes: 75 38.7%

• Total voters
I don't have lifetime stats available, but I'm hoping that over twenty years of weekly wins, ace funds hit, tournament winnings and various skins $ that I've won more than I've spent. I'm hopeful, but doubtful.

First Year Recap

Discs x 30 $400
Baskets x 2 $200
Bags x 2 $80
Travel (Gas) $50

Hours of Enjoyment 730

Cost/Hr $1.00

Couldn't be happier. Compared to past hobbies, DG is pennies on the dollar. :clap:

I don't regret the money I've spent. I stayed out of trouble and in pretty good shape too. I still have a lot of discs (8 full bags and a stack of putters). I just grab the one I think I'll play well with at the course that day.

It's still a lot cheaper than hunting or fishing... or ball golf for sure. Even when I was buying discs all the time, it was cheaper than greens fees at good golf courses.

I'm in the 1-2k group:\

Need another choice for those in denial and not yet ready to admit their addiction.

I don't regret the money I've spent. I stayed out of trouble and in pretty good shape too. I still have a lot of discs (8 full bags and a stack of putters). I just grab the one I think I'll play well with at the course that day.

It's still a lot cheaper than hunting or fishing... or ball golf for sure. Even when I was buying discs all the time, it was cheaper than greens fees at good golf courses.

^^^True that. It is more affordable than many other activities and provides good exercise. Besides, we could be blowing our dough on a lot worse things for us that Frisbees.

^^^True that. It is more affordable than many other activities and provides good exercise. Besides, we could be blowing our dough on a lot worse things for us that Frisbees.

I agree. There are far worse things to spend money on. I'm totally happy with the value I've gotten out of this hobby over the last 7 years.

I'm in the ~$3k region.

If I add up all the years I've been playing. It's likely somewhere in that 500-1000 range.
That's about 12 years playing. And most of that has been resold or traded for other discs, some have been won in tournaments , etc,

I'm sure over the 12 years or so its been up there. But its spread out. But I have spent probably 200 in the last few months so maybe its more...likely somewhere 1500 haha, damn

I'd say I've probably totaled about 1k so far. On discs alone I'd say more than 600 . Then a nice bag and some decent shoes. If we count gas on trips specifically to play, hahaha now we're talking some money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discs x 30 $400
Baskets x 2 $200
Bags x 2 $80
Travel (Gas) $50

Hours of Enjoyment 730

Cost/Hr $1.00

Couldn't be happier. Compared to past hobbies, DG is pennies on the dollar. :clap:

Agreed SO much! You made me realize that my figure of $40 a month, knowing I've thrown more than thirty rounds a month on average, means VERY little $ on an hourly basis. Put another way, I've thrown almost as far in miles as I've spent in dollars. :thmbup:

I'm sure I'm over 2k if you factor in gas, tourney fees, and running tournaments. If I'm talking solely discs, I might not be over a grand since I'm notoriously frugal.

Two years ago I spent over $1000 at DGBM alone. Combined with other purchases from other online retailers, I was probably well over $2000 total. Yes, I'm terribly embarrassed about that.

Ehh don't be embarrassed, I'm sure you got some good collectors to offset some of that if you wanted. When I worked at the Vineyards there was a regular who bought a brand new set of Callaways every spring. Bag, irons, woods must have been $2500 every spring. For all I know, he threw his old set in the trash those mornings before buying the new ones. He also played twice a week there at $50ish a pop.

Agreed SO much! You made me realize that my figure of $40 a month, knowing I've thrown more than thirty rounds a month on average, means VERY little $ on an hourly basis. Put another way, I've thrown almost as far in miles as I've spent in dollars. :thmbup:

Having that Hybrid helps save on the gas money, also.:thmbup:

Strictly disc purchases are probably right around 1K. I've won more plastic through leagues and tourneys than I've actually bought.. Paying to play in a tourney is just a discounted plastic purchase...

Does funny money count? or what about tourney entry fees? I've spent easily over a couple grand in funny money, and my tourney entry fees have netted a couple grand worth of players packs discs...

If we're strictly talking spending straight cash on discs I might be at 2-300, yet I own $5000 worth of plastic.

Anybody want to buy some plastic??

Let's see...

There's at least 300 around the house.
Another 100 plus I've given away, traded, bought for someone else.
Then I'd guess I've lost, conservatively 100.
A total of 500+

Now with an average of $12 per disc, I normally buy premium plastic, that comes out to well over $6,000!

Over 10 years I consider it money well spent. :D

Can we stop posting in this thread? I keep seeing it at the top of my feed and it keeps reminding me that Im a financially irresponsible shmuck who has no problem buying disc I don't need just to see if "maybe itll kick this mold out of the bag".

7 years of playing. Guestimated 130 discs at 15$ each. Almost breaking the 2k barrier, but not quite there yet :) And my disc buying slowed down a lot the last 3 or 4 years.

Many, many American dollars. Just looking at Discgolfcenter because it's easy...

They were the first online store I used back in May of 2010 and that first time I purchased 2 KC Aviars and an 11x Eagle($12.99 at the time). Since then, Ive spent enough at that store alone to put me in the top level of this poll.

So yeah, my name is Brent and I'm addicted to buying frisbees...

I've only spent around 200 on DGCR, which is close to half my purchases, so I guestimated $500, but that may be on the low end. I have sold a lot back and sold many unmarked that I've found, so all told it's probably close. I have around 40 discs currently, but some were gifted or traded for.

Now, adding in bags, trips, and other gear, I'm sure I'm well over 1k. But over 5 years, that's $200 a year that I spend, a little less than $16 a month on average. Yeah, I'm ok with that.

Latest posts