• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hyzer Flip Reversed?

Oh ok. Im sorry, i did misread. So, actually the answer is no. You cant take an overstable disc and release on FH anny and call it a "reverse hyzer flip". As mentioned before by others, THAT is a flex shot. And it wont be straight, unlike the afore mentioned hyzer flip. Also mentioned by others, this thread really did go on too long... sorry for perpetuating. Next time ill read more carefully. :)

Again, the over-simplified version^^^. Not totally incorrect, but really not enough info, hence the reason for the OP's question and the point made by some that that "Overstable" and "Understable" are not opposites in the truest sense of the word, as is implied by this oft-given explanation of stability.

yah...but it makes the most sense to the most people. The word stable itself is defined as "not likely to change". ;)

Just use More Stable and Less Stable!!!

Posted for the morons who don't like to use it.

I would, except for the fact that "more stable" means "straighter", and "less stable" means "changes during flight, regardless of whether to the left or to the right". I'm just not that moronic.

Just give it a rest dude. You come across like a complete ass on every single one of these threads. Please. Just - STOP.

The surest sign you can't win an argument is resorting to personal attacks instead of arguing an opposing viewpoint, which you amply demonstrate. I've yet to hear a single intelligent statement from you on the original topic. If you can't do that, and want only to sling weak insults, I feel sorry for you.

"You can't win an argument if you resort to personal attacks...you idiot."

Douche is douche-y

attachment.php

Attachments

• beard.JPG
    beard.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 74
I would, except for the fact that "more stable" means "straighter", and "less stable" means "changes during flight, regardless of whether to the left or to the right"...

While we're here, and at the risk of jumping into this debate: I'd like to verify the correct reference to OS v US. Is it not correct to use the terms "more overstable" and "more understable" when comparing discs? If you just said "more stable" wouldn't you just be saying "closer to not turning", regardless of the direction? If the reference point of relative stability when comparing flight is "stable" saying something is "more stable" just means that is closer to stable, which doesnt reference direction at all. Right?Again, i just want to make sure im able to be clear in the future.

Can't believe(or maybe don't want to...) there's a 10 page bitch fest about this.

Almost all of the time, when comparing discs and someone says one is more stable than the other, it means more overstable.

Also, on the S vs Flex shot, a flex shot is defiantly an overstable disc thrown with anny, and flexes/fades back, making a nice S shape :) What everyone is bitching about between the hyzer flip and S shot is just a matter of release angle, S=thrown flat, turns, and fades back, while a hyzer flip is thrown with hyzer, turns, and may or may not fade back.

My shoulder is still hosed so everything is overstable right now. I couldn't hyzerflip a paper plate.

The surest sign you can't win an argument is resorting to personal attacks instead of arguing an opposing viewpoint, which you amply demonstrate. I've yet to hear a single intelligent statement from you on the original topic. If you can't do that, and want only to sling weak insults, I feel sorry for you.

Since you are clearly incapable of seeing what I pointed out (uhhm.. that everyone here pretty much despises you and your posting style) I'll try to make this a little bit clearer... Follow along now, hmmm?

1) This is a DISCUSSION FORUM. Not an ARGUMENT. You are the one who takes it there. Every time. Get over yourself. PLEASE. There's nothing to "win" this discussion was over after about the 4th post where it was clearly stated there is no such shot as an "Anhyzer Flip".

2) Don't feel sorry for me. I enjoy the game, rarely post here and don't feel the need to "re-invent the disc" and extrapolate ridiculous assumptions (while talking down to an entire community in the process) every time I learn something. See I have real friends, in real life that I disc with all the time. We have these discussions over a beer on the course. I don't need to come on a forum full of strangers and "make my case" for every single nugget of information I discover.

3) If you think that was a personal attack, well I got news for ya son. It wasn't. Just pointing out your penchant for complete ass-hattery on any and all subjects disc golf related. Sorry if I hit a little close to home. Perhaps if you spent more time on this site READING (learning?) instead of posting absurd DG lectures that make no sense, you'd see that I post a lot of helpful information... from experience that I've acquired over the course of two decades of playing this game.

Maybe, just mayyyyyybe... you could accept the fact that you are a rank amateur and have NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER trying to tell anyone, anything about disc golf. Seriously. Go throw for a decade (or two) before trying to come across as Mr Know-It-All. Or better yet, don't.

Oh and just to stay on topic - There is no such thing as an Anhyzer Flip. It's a flex shot with very little flex on the front side of it. Any disc over-stable enough to immediately flip down from a severe anny release to flat is going to go straight into the ground, edge-first - crash and burn. It's a non-workable shot and that's why it doesn't have a name. Call it a mini-flex if you like, but it's not an anny-flip. ;)

Since you are clearly incapable of seeing what I pointed out (uhhm.. that everyone here pretty much despises you and your posting style) I'll try to make this a little bit clearer... Follow along now, hmmm?

1) This is a DISCUSSION FORUM. Not an ARGUMENT. You are the one who takes it there. Every time. Get over yourself. PLEASE. There's nothing to "win" this discussion was over after about the 4th post where it was clearly stated there is no such shot as an "Anhyzer Flip".

2) Don't feel sorry for me. I enjoy the game, rarely post here and don't feel the need to "re-invent the disc" and extrapolate ridiculous assumptions (while talking down to an entire community in the process) every time I learn something. See I have real friends, in real life that I disc with all the time. We have these discussions over a beer on the course. I don't need to come on a forum full of strangers and "make my case" for every single nugget of information I discover.

3) If you think that was a personal attack, well I got news for ya son. It wasn't. Just pointing out your penchant for complete ass-hattery on any and all subjects disc golf related. Sorry if I hit a little close to home. Perhaps if you spent more time on this site READING (learning?) instead of posting absurd DG lectures that make no sense, you'd see that I post a lot of helpful information... from experience that I've acquired over the course of two decades of playing this game.

Maybe, just mayyyyyybe... you could accept the fact that you are a rank amateur and have NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER trying to tell anyone, anything about disc golf. Seriously. Go throw for a decade (or two) before trying to come across as Mr Know-It-All. Or better yet, don't.

Oh and just to stay on topic - There is no such thing as an Anhyzer Flip. It's a flex shot with very little flex on the front side of it. Any disc over-stable enough to immediately flip down from a severe anny release to flat is going to go straight into the ground, edge-first - crash and burn. It's a non-workable shot and that's why it doesn't have a name. Call it a mini-flex if you like, but it's not an anny-flip. ;)

I'm flattered you would exert yourself so much to prove my point. By all means, keep doing it. :)

sometimes when you are explaining things to children, you need to use more words than you would with a competent adult. that is all. I would not be flattered that someone took the time to try to explain something to you rather than just call you names. Perhaps you were one of those annoying children that thought bad attention was better that no attention and that characteristic carried over into your adult life?

Latest posts