• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I-5 @ DeLaveaga!

For future reference, you cant embed a vid with a time stamp on it and you tried but didn't quite remove it all. The & is still there.

I made a five the only time I played it.
Solid roller for my first shot but a really terrible second shot left me in jail and I couldn't get up and down

Only time I played it I threw aaalllmost to the mouth, flick upshot that tailed off to the right, then made the putt from my knees through some branches. Eagle's line over the trees is just nuts.

Only time I played it I threw aaalllmost to the mouth, flick upshot that tailed off to the right, then made the putt from my knees through some branches. Eagle's line over the trees is just nuts.

No kidding! Starts the cloudbreaker on a super hyzer straight up in the air, and flips it into an S curve??

Watching Nate play so aggressive is especially fun! It's so different from his normal approach. These skins videos have been my favorite to watch. Zoe and Avery are pretty awesome on there too.

Same here. I've watched them at least 3 times each. They're all so dangerous within 100' when they're throwing without consequence..

To me it emphasizes how much these guys dial it back in normal tournament play (and understandably so).

I 3'd it one time... one of the best feelings ever playing that course. Way out on a PD approach shot that somehow managed to ninja its way through the trees and slide up into the circle for a fairly easy putt. Considered dropping the mic and walking off the course at that point! :p

The only time I played it, I actually threw my drive too far straight and it left me w/ dicey approach that I shanked. Pitched up for 4. I do believe this hole is probably closer to a par 4 than a 3, but I think they should have left it as a 3 like all the others.

I'm sure a lot of people have seen this already, but watching these guys play skins is a real treat... Anyone ever birdie I-5? I've played it as the old par 3 only, and never came close!

Specific time link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlFLy7Afpkk&t=13m19s

Full Vid link:

9 years as a De La local and I can honestly say I've only birdied I5 four times out of the 1000+ rounds played there.

Back in 2007 I hit an ace on hole 22 (actual layout not Master Cup layout) and I was still more amazed that I got the birdie 2 on I5 that same day.

I visited DeLa on one glorious day in August of 1999. Played 120 holes. That's what you do when you're 26. I remember playing I-5 but I can't remember exactly how I did on it. I DID park "On Top of the World" with a RHFH using a Banshee the first time I played it.

I lost count of how many people I saw throwing rollers with very old Stingrays.

I also remember encountering a lady who said she was a roller derby pro back in the seventies. She was a hoot.

One of the best Disc Golf days of my life. If a time machine is ever invented, I'm going to relive that day.

(Oh, and the beat-to-hell Soft Magnet I bag still to this day? I bought it there. It has the same insignia that's on Avery Jenkins' hat.)