• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

There's a course here in NY that does that with unclaimed discs from the L&F.

They ink "STONY KILL LOANER DISC" on the front and back to try to reduce theft.

thats whats up

i almost died when i saw my first lost and found box like the one you posted it was in kc of all places

we finally got one installed locally but many people use it as a trash can

brings me a smile when community comes together and you can have nice things like the one you posted

At Kiwanis Park in Staunton, VA, they have a course Maintenance building on the course. There is a L&F slot that goes right into the building, should prevent damage and theft.

On the trash issue, probably would be best to make a slot just big enough for a disc, to cut down on any other junk being deposited.

THEY were at it again at Shen Creek........... Hole 5 got a completed tee and three more holes(in the woods) got gravel/sand in place.

picture.php

Hole 12 is next up....... i started root/rock removal to level the surface but only had a shovel to work with. Headed back this Wednesday with the proper tools to prep the tee for completion.

picture.php

^Good on they!

Just curious, the framing for those tees doesn't look to be treated lumber. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd think you'd want to use treated to extend the life of the tees.

It is treated lumber. Picture may be overexposed, storm clouds were rolling in as we finished so my phone may have done something weird to the picture. Also this lumber was bought almost two years ago and spent most of it under a tarp

Shame on me for jumping to conclusions. Nice work and pics look great!

Just need to rant a bit after playing with a kid who complained about my home courses throughout this past weekend. "They need to fix the course design." "They need to cut back all these tree limbs." "This teepad more needs wood chips behind it." Etc. and etc.

I conceded some issues, pointed out changes made over the years, and argued about others (good course design does not mean cutting branches that you hit).

Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, but the amount of new players that complain about every little thing and never even stop to pick up trash on the course is really f------ annoying.

Alright, I'm done. Time to go move tree limbs out of the fairway because our park district doesn't have enough staff to do it.

Just need to rant a bit after playing with a kid who complained about my home courses throughout this past weekend. "They need to fix the course design." "They need to cut back all these tree limbs." "This teepad more needs wood chips behind it." Etc. and etc.

I conceded some issues, pointed out changes made over the years, and argued about others (good course design does not mean cutting branches that you hit).

Maybe I'm getting old and cranky, but the amount of new players that complain about every little thing and never even stop to pick up trash on the course is really f------ annoying.

Alright, I'm done. Time to go move tree limbs out of the fairway because our park district doesn't have enough staff to do it.

I'd have either kicked him off the course, or handed him a pair of loppers.

Latest posts