• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I don't want to call you a bagger, but.........

That is weird that rec has so much better scores, my guess is the rec players used much easier hole positions?

Only thing i see here is a td report that got botched along the way. Check on this same tournament after an update or two and i'm sure it will be corrected.

You realize the player in question has a rating of 991. Just a bit...too....high to qualify for rec. ;) lol...

You realize that the rec winner shot a 1014 rated round, right?

You realize that preliminary round rating calculations are based on the assumption that all divisions played the same tees and same layout, and if that's not the case, the preliminary ratings won't be correct, right?

You realize that preliminary round rating calculations are based on the assumption that all divisions played the same tees and same layout, and if that's not the case, the preliminary ratings won't be correct, right?

Tourney was completed in May. How long before it gets "corrected"?

It doesn't appear to be an error (e.g. the division played a different layout, but was rated as if they played the same layout as other divisions). The player appears to now have a rating of 991, and is registered in Advanced Masters (MM1) at an upcoming event.

You realize that the rec winner shot a 1014 rated round, right?

It won't last.

The TD will correct the report.

Heck, if you look at those scores and ratings, it's not just the winner---the entire MA3 field tore it up.

If you look at the unofficial ratings, they are taking into account different layouts/rules already. The same score in that division does not have the same rating as in the other division I examined. TD's usually pre-enter the courses and layouts used for each round and division, so unofficial ratings generally reflect that already.

you realize that's the reason for this thread, right?

Huh.. looking at the results a little more.. I don't see any propagators in the MA3 division at all.. yet it has ratings (that are different than the ratings of any other division). I don't know what to make of that.

I'm a bagger, and proud of it. :mad:

Course bagger, that is. :D :p

Though not on the Kid's scale. :eek:

Last edited:
It doesn't appear to be an error (e.g. the division played a different layout, but was rated as if they played the same layout as other divisions). The player appears to now have a rating of 991, and is registered in Advanced Masters (MM1) at an upcoming event.

Adv Masters has no rating requirement, high or low.

Lol! First place in MA2 would have finished 12th in MA3! (If they were playing the same course, that is.)

Yeah, someone messed up.

Latest posts