• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need a new approach/putter....any suggestions?

Im going to agree with Glong, the birdie is a good disc and works well for upsets a lot in part that its slow and you can put some arm on it without it going to far. And I'm going to second the aviar p&a, Ive had one in the bag forever and its my under stable driving putter and go to for upsets. I recently put a brand new one in the bag and off the tee it is just buttery straight and for putting it is really straight with a little bit of fade. I would suggest the avair p&a

If I were you'd I'd go to a store and check out all the putters you can in person. While someone might have success with X putter, and it might be a great flying mold, it could feel bad in your hands. That's my issue with Magnets for example. I think they're a very good putter disc, and one you should check out, but they don't feel good to my hands.

If I were you'd I'd go to a store and check out all the putters you can in person. While someone might have success with X putter, and it might be a great flying mold, it could feel bad in your hands. That's my issue with Magnets for example. I think they're a very good putter disc, and one you should check out, but they don't feel good to my hands.

The best advise ^^^

I change putters frequently, but I don't play to win tourneys... I play for fun. It's fun to mix it up.

I'd agree with the Rhyno! I love my champion Rhyno's, they are nice and grippy, and pretty flat for some smooth shots. And as stated, they don't glide 20 feet past the basket. :thmbup:

I'd agree with the Rhyno! I love my champion Rhyno's, they are nice and grippy, and pretty flat for some smooth shots. And as stated, they don't glide 20 feet past the basket. :thmbup:

I play with a guy that puts Rhynos 40' past the basket.:rolleyes: Of course, he makes 20' putts like they were a 400' drive, though. Might explain why he double putts so much, huh?;) Mine never went over a few feet. They do drop like rocks. I still prefer my Ions, though.

I can't believe no one has suggested the challenger yet. Its a nice straight flying putter that holds lines well. You do need to just try them all out and see which one fits your hand and throwing style the best.

I change putters a lot, but when in a slump... I always go back to the Rhyno.

I putt with Vibram putters most of the time. Also Omega SS/Ion combo. Sometimes the Wizard/Magic combo. But when I just can't hit anything... Pro Rhyno inside the circle / star or champ Rhyno approach.

I've found that the quickest way to end a putting slump is to change putters. It makes you think about the flight of the disc and increases your concentration. Sooooooo... is suggest, unless you think you're going to play pro... experiment and have fun with it!

Ion/Wizard would both fit your need, the Wizard more so than the Ion, but the Ion makes for a good driving putter so...get both.

meant to say 'magic' as it is the most neutral and beginner friendly out of their putter lineup

I would say the voodoo is the more neutral gateway putter especially if hes looking for a putter to drive 300ft. I can get my voodoo close to 300 but I would probably turnover my magic at that distance unless its a big tailwind.
I think the voodoo has the best feel out of all the gateway putters.

I recently switched for an Ion to the Dart. It's slightly understable but will hold a line nicely.

Latest posts