• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I see all you filthy dirty finger lickin’ disc golfers there…

baileyt1212

Eagle Member
Do you really know where all your discs have been, or what they may have brought home with them? Probably got more diseases than a 50 cent good time, and you lick your fingers just to improve your grip? Sickening

Check out my latest addition to the bag. As a bank teller in one of my past lives we used these all the time to count money. This light wax works great for added grip, its easy to use, and comes in a small convenient container. I wanted to pass it on for those of you who question the level of sanitation of licking your dirty fingers every time they dry out a bit.

Hope you like the idea.

LEE10050_1_3.JPG

Moistening your fingers to improve grip? That seems like the opposite of what you should do to me. I usually spend my time drying my fingers, not moistening them.

I'm a licker, but when I was in Charlotte for worlds I had to use my disc as a fan to dry my hands a bit. I am not a fan of dirt or birdie bags on my hand and will wash my hands after a round before doing anything else. I am not sure how I feel about wax on my hands.

I'm a huge licker too but thought I would try this and it seems to be really good at maintaining an appropriate moister level for much longer than licking on every throw. I just use it very lightly so there is no build up, and the grip is great.

Do you really know where all your discs have been, or what they may have brought home with them? Probably got more diseases than a 50 cent good time, and you lick your fingers just to improve your grip? Sickening

Check out my latest addition to the bag. As a bank teller in one of my past lives we used these all the time to count money. This light wax works great for added grip, its easy to use, and comes in a small convenient container. I wanted to pass it on for those of you who question the level of sanitation of licking your dirty fingers every time they dry out a bit.

Hope you like the idea.

LEE10050_1_3.JPG

It's not wax, it's glycerine. Good stuff!

isn't that stuff flammable? I'm a smoker, so I can't say I'd use that lol. Also, I'm not a licker.

this time of year my hands get pretty dried out, so that looks like a good idea, because i have noticed i have been licking a lot lately

yea it seems i am always licking my fingers or drying them off. if i don't get that comfortable grip i need it just doesn't feel right when i release.

1) Not a licker nor duster - I prefer the way the disc feels in my hand with nothing else between use. I use a towel to wipe off any dirt, dust, moisture.

2) People are technically correct in that exposure can help strengthen one's immune system... but I doubt any physician that would reccommend licking one's fingers well into a round. Reality is, we probably pick up more germs from shaking hands, door handles, and restaurant tables (especially at fast food joints, where tables don't get wiped down as frequently).

3) As for hygiene, I keep a box of wipes in my car and usually hit them after a round if I feel it's necessary. I especially use them if I was off in the weeds looking for a bad shot, to lessen the severity of any poison ivy/oak/etc, I may have come in contact with. I was amazed at how much dirt came off my calves the first few times I did that.

Latest posts