• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I see all you filthy dirty finger lickin’ disc golfers there…

I had a problem with grip today too. I never knew Neutron plastic would be so slippery when cold, and dusty. So, I just wiped my fingers on my wet micro fiber towel and it added the perfect amount of grip.

No licking required.

I accidentally discovered the secret of the damp microfiber towel as well. As long as its roughly 50 degrees, this works the best for me. Just that miniscule amount of moisture is the perfect amount. I also like that most of my esp/z discs have raised lettering or texture strips inside the rim. Not a germ o phobe, just not a licker either.

I'm a breather, not a licker. I find that a quick, close breath on both sides of the disc before gripping is more than enough to get it sticky enough for a better grip, plus I don't make actual mouth contact with my fingers or disc. That being said, I've chewed my nails since I was a kid and I have the strongest immune system of anyone I know because of it!

Those of you that lick.. Do you swallow it or spit it out? Serious question. Gotta be one or the other.
I spit. A lot really. But I also use a birdie bag and a bowling grip bag. And I lick my fingers still. It's a weird mix of dry and damp for me, but it seems to work. Sometimes.

I be lickin'em, even at Hawk Hollow :)

Mmmmmmm tasty.

I'm a breather, not a licker. I find that a quick, close breath on both sides of the disc before gripping is more than enough to get it sticky enough for a better grip, plus I don't make actual mouth contact with my fingers or disc. That being said, I've chewed my nails since I was a kid and I have the strongest immune system of anyone I know because of it!

I used to be a licker, but have been using the breathing technique recently, which has proven itself well- i suggest it.

Huff on it like you are trying to fog up some glass... works well on champion plastic, but decreases grip on certain discs like my star cobra.

This is what I do.

I've thought about that SortKwik stuff before, as I use it frequently at work - but haven't gotten around to trying it.

Latest posts