• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Idio Syncrasy Disc Golf Shoe

And that means nothing. Just cuz he was given 5 pairs doesn't mean that's all he is going to use throughout the season.

Just stating a fact. Look at all the coverages Hammes has been on this season so far. they are all in the syncrasies so he's clearly using them

Do we know how many pairs of shoes he goes though in a season. He might go light on shoes and maybe only uses a pair. Also, do you know that he is still on his original pair or are you just speculating. And just because someone tours doesn't mean they play a lot of disc golf compared to others who don't.

When he was interviewed he said he goes through ten pairs a season, hence why he gets 10 terrex at the beginning of the season usually

Any news on when these are going to be delivered? I can't wait to try these out.

We got an update on kickstarter on march 28th that they ran into a covid related delay which pushed their freight pickup to April 30th and hopefully filling those initial orders by the end of may.

I'm sorry but it is really funny that these are delayed. I can't help but laugh, even if it's completely innocent.

6dd7zl.jpg

Saw Sexton wearing them during the Jonesboro practice round. I hope he's happy with their feel and performance.

Maybe it's just me, but I think they look

... rather dorky. :\

Hopefully for Idio, I'm in the minority. :|

Last edited:
Saw Sexton wearing them during the Jonesboro practice round. I hope he's happy with their feel and performance.

Maybe it's just me, but I think they look

... rather dorky. :\

Hopefully for Idio, I'm in the minority. :|
He's most likely rocking his limited edition color which I wasn't a fan of personally with the tan soles and white and blue shoe.

He's most likely rocking his limited edition color which I wasn't a fan of personally with the tan soles and white and blue shoe.

Pretty much describes like what I saw.

Yeah they have his logo on them too, the other colors are more subtle for sure. I personally ordered the blue with red accents

FWIW- I didn't really have a problem with his color choice. That's really a pretty subjective thing, and what appeals to one person may not appeal to someone else. My only thought on his color combo was the light tan sole and toe cap really contrast and caught my attention.

I think the overall design looked 50's throwback sneaker dorky'ish... kinda like a Chuck Taylor wannabe.

But some folks like that retro look. Chuck Taylors still sell. My daughter wears them all the time.

FWIW- I didn't really have a problem with his color choice. That's really a pretty subjective thing, and what appeals to one person may not appeal to someone else. My only thought on his color combo was the light tan sole and toe cap really contrast and caught my attention.

I think the overall design looked 50's throwback sneaker dorky'ish... kinda like a Chuck Taylor wannabe.

But some folks like that retro look. Chuck Taylors still sell. My daughter wears them all the time.
The color choice is what is giving that look. It's a broken up color design rather than a solid one. So even though they are the exact same shoe, that particular design makes it look completely different and gives it a different style, especially with the tan soles

You can see what I'm saying with this photo

Attachments

• 8EBB0C26-7DC5-4ED9-B477-745BF14638CE.jpg
    8EBB0C26-7DC5-4ED9-B477-745BF14638CE.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The color choice is what is giving that look. It's a broken up color design rather than a solid one. So even though they are the exact same shoe, that particular design makes it look completely different and gives it a different style, especially with the tan soles

You can see what I'm saying with this photo

I searched and searched a few weeks ago and couldn't find it, but there was a true "tennis shoe" in the 80s that I had a pair of. They had a big, ugly(sorry), toe cap like that. But they were great for toe draggers on the serve.

And if your toe drag issue is really bad... this one guy would actually cut apart tennis balls and glue them to the toe. That was awesome!!!

I'm curious if the giant toe caps make the front half of the shoes fairly stiff.

Seems like they would.

And if your toe drag issue is really bad... this one guy would actually cut apart tennis balls and glue them to the toe. That was awesome!!!

Did this for maybe a day in high school when I played tennis. Tennis shoes had the same issue that my disc golf shoes do. Toe drag is a beach.

The color choice may have been partially to show proof to Idio that he is wearing them since he's paid to do so. He can easily say....look at the video, you can see I'm wearing them.
:)

Latest posts