• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could only carry three drivers...

Thanks, never seen one before but has seen people mention it a few times on here. I was trying to come up with an acronym for TL than made a disc name. wasnt having any luck, and now I know why lol

Here is mine, with little friend I made:

0829081554.jpg

Champion Starfire - I can throw it fairly long but still control very well in the woods.
Champion Sidewinder - I can make do about whatever I want it to do.
First Run Star TeeRex - My distance driver : ). (The first runs feel completely different then current molds out)

The only three that I have come close to mastering in my short time as a player would be:

1) ESP Avenger SS (New)
2) Champion Beast (Beat in, donated by a friend)
3) Champion Leopard (New)

My three drivers would be:

DX Leopard 170g: Main driver. Very conformable using it. Usually RHBH.
DX Stingray 167g: RHFH driver. It is good for straight to right shots through heavy woods.
Z Cyclone 174g: RHBH Distance driver, but tends to need more room than my Leopard.

I would of said my ESP Comet 174g for my main driver, but I lost it earlier in the month.

I've never carried too many drivers never more than 4 for sure. Honestly, no idea why anyone would need more than 3 unless a driver had sentimental or superstitious value. Get a stable driver, an overstable driver, and learn a forearm, and you can cover most shots...

Currently my drivers are:

165 EHPP Apache - Anything I want especially since I recently learned it can take on 20mph headwinds. It can hold a moderate hyzer line, straight hyzer flips, long turnovers, wooded tunnels (especially since EHPP is made of adamantium...)

165 EHPP Spirit - Spike Hyzers, windy hyzers, flex shots, overhand shots, GTFO of the woods.

161 R-Pro Katana - obviously this just joined the bag. It freaking BOMBS... and I am not just buying into the hype, it is the only disc I can get over 300, and the first disc I have gotten over 350. That said, it is not so good in 20mph headwinds and I live in Kansas. In all other conditions its my max distance driver. It still takes a backseat to my Apache because its R-pro, and doesnt like trees... I imagine it will continue to take a backseat because the Star version probably won't come as light as 165.

Last edited:
Stalker and Viking (obviously...)

And then I get one more...I'm really tempted to say Starfire...but I may have to say Valkyrie...because it's sick for overhands.

\/\/

Latitude 64 Opto Blitz 175
Innova CE Teebird 175
Lattitude 64 Opto Vision 170-175

To fit this criteria, the plastic needs to be monster durable, the weight needs to handle windy conditons, you need discs that can work with most wind condiditions, and you will need one disc that can do about anything you put it through (TeeBird).

Star Roadrunner....for straight drives, or slight turnover shots, depending on what I need.
Orion Sirius LF......for stable backhand shots, or for S-turns.....very predictable. Also does very well in Wind.
Star Destroyer.....for all my forehand shots.

171 Champ Teebird
170 Pro Firebird
172 Star Beast (unfortunately I just threw this into a lake in memphis...where it probably wont be found for a long time.

I probably answered in here before but its always changing. Probably a Champ Teebird, Champ Leopard and ESP Stalker currently.

I just got a Firebird though that I might could use instaed of the Stalker if I had to chose for a disc thats a little more overstable if I wanted to go more for the exagerated different flight paths. If I did that, I would probably also take the FLX avenger SS over the Leopard since it gives me longer annys.

Viking for straight drives, tail winds

Wraith for long hyzers and left turns, plus headwinds

Avenger SS for long right , annny shots.

Latest posts