• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If your limited to four discs

Top 4

Gateway SS Voodoo (always)
Innova Champ Spider
Innova champ TL plus mold
Innova Champ Tern (as of right now, It would be toss up with my Z Stalker, and test material Lat 64 vision)

In the spirit of my next one disc round, which will feature the Epic, I'd like to challenge myself with a four disc version.

My round after that will only include:

Epic
Arrow
DX Archangel
DX Wolf

These are the most "hated" discs that I own. We'll see how I do.

In the spirit of my next one disc round, which will feature the Epic, I'd like to challenge myself with a four disc version.

My round after that will only include:

Epic
Arrow
DX Archangel
DX Wolf

These are the most "hated" discs that I own. We'll see how I do.

With archangel for drives and wolf for putting you'll be fine. I think archangel is a great glidey disc and flies really far for folks with out much power. I've had a few gummy dx ones that I loved before giving them away.

I've been playing with just four discs for years now. After repeated testing, I've proven to my personal satisfaction that my scores are lower when I don't use a bag o discs.

It used to be a complete mystery, but I'm starting to get a little glimmer of a theory.

My main line up these days:

BB Aviar, DX or JK
DX Roc
Star Eagle
P-PD

With archangel for drives and wolf for putting you'll be fine. I think archangel is a great glidey disc and flies really far for folks with out much power. I've had a few gummy dx ones that I loved before giving them away.

I know I'll do fine. It's kind of my way to prove the whole arrow/archer thing.
(Not that it needs proving, but it'll be fun to experiment)

We all have our favorites, but in reality even the most under appreciated discs can serve us well.

Edit: Sonny, your theory is correct. After playing with just the Tangent the other day, and scoring +3 over my normal score, with windy conditions, I realized that we're all nuts to carry so many discs. We really only need like 3-6 discs to play this game.

Last edited:
I feel weird for liking them this much, but I think I would pick 4 Dynamic Discs:

Lucid Trespass
Lucid Escape
BioFuzion Fugitive
Classic Soft Judge

I haven't thrown the Suspect yet, but if it's really as much like a Zone as I hear, I would probably replace the Trespass with that. Not for the same purpose, obviously.