• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back man. A lot of people have branched out and are doing their own things. Not many meetups like we used to do.

As for me... I have played one or two rounds in the last three weeks. Oh how things have changed.

I also have only been playing 3-4 times a month, and haven't played a tourney since homie 2011 :/
But I'm about to turn that around and start making as man as I can.
But first, gotta finish saving my my trip to red rocks! :D

You know I'm just yanking your chain! You have the same number still? Ill be at highland all week preparing to whoop some ass at state!

Yup! I still got the same digits. I can probably get out next week for a round at highland?!? I'm booked this weekend though.

Until then, ponder this photo...

photo_zpsa558dc2f.jpg

Welcome back man. A lot of people have branched out and are doing their own things. Not many meetups like we used to do.

As for me... I have played one or two rounds in the last three weeks. Oh how things have changed.

I also have only been playing 3-4 times a month, and haven't played a tourney since homie 2011 :/
But I'm about to turn that around and start making as man as I can.
But first, gotta finish saving my my trip to red rocks! :D

lmfao your not supposed to sit on those signs =P

Surge, me, mark (you might remember him from when we played a long time ago) and my other friend Dale are down to go 2morrow! What time sounds good for ya? we just gotta be back b4 5 i think

Not sure if ill be able to go yet, message me your number and ill let you know. If I do we would have to tee off by 9-930. I work 3-11pm mon-fri in Elmhurst so I have to be back home around 115 or so.

its all good. I think we are gonna go to wheeler and then aces or something. Idk if ill be able to play at state this year =/ Im most likely going cabrewing D=

So I threw the new fairways at Fairfield today. Hoooly cow that course is going to be amazing! So many sweet par 4s! Lots of fun wooded shots. Plenty of room to get creative but you need to be accurate and smart about your shots. I can't wait!!!

Tee of hole 11. 759ft par 5. Fairway gently bending left going down then back up a hill. Once you get up it turns slight right and continues down a gentle slope to a protected runaway green.
1077689_752418137805_1349907185_o.jpg

Approach on hole 15, the 617ft par 4. The picture does not do this fairway justice. It's big. Those vines make it look like a jungle. It's like you're in a grand hall.
1077196_752429529975_1026638574_o.jpg

There are some gnarly trees on this course. Many large dead trees as well that need to be cut down before they fall on someone. Lots of trimming still left to do around the greens, but the trees to be removed are already marked. I'm getting all giddy thinking about the course when it is complete!

So I threw the new fairways at Fairfield today. Hoooly cow that course is going to be amazing! So many sweet par 4s! Lots of fun wooded shots. Plenty of room to get creative but you need to be accurate and smart about your shots. I can't wait!!!

Tee of hole 11. 759ft par 5. Fairway gently bending left going down then back up a hill. Once you get up it turns slight right and continues down a gentle slope to a protected runaway green.

Approach on hole 15, the 617ft par 4. The picture does not do this fairway justice. It's big. Those vines make it look like a jungle. It's like you're in a grand hall.

There are some gnarly trees on this course. Many large dead trees as well that need to be cut down before they fall on someone. Lots of trimming still left to do around the greens, but the trees to be removed are already marked. I'm getting all giddy thinking about the course when it is complete!

course looks pretty sick

Sweet pics roman! I'm super excited about this one. It seems in the next year that the northern suburbs and wisco border are going to take over the "Mecca" status that Joliet currently carries.

Fairfield Update

Here is another "in-progress" picture from Fairfield taken on 7/13. This will eventually be Hole #4 for both the Squaw Creek Gold and Fairfield White unless something changes on the proposed course map.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Squaw Creek Gold--Fairfield White New Hole 4--7-13-2013.jpg
    Squaw Creek Gold--Fairfield White New Hole 4--7-13-2013.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 63
OB Fundraiser

To help Steve Matul #8 raise some funds for the new course in Oak Brook, we picked up a multitude of Oak Brook fundraiser discs available! 100% of the proceeds are going towards the building of the course. We have 25 star destroyers and we have 25 Glo Roc3s that are pretty flat.

Destroyers $16
Glow Roc 3s: $20

-- Gas station prices to support a good cause!

destroyers-rocs.jpg

Let Skunk or James know if you are interested in one. We will be at Hinsdale for leagues at 6PM this Wednesday.

those fairways are looking great at fairfield! i walked them but havent thrown them. definitely a classic Chuck design. love his courses. the creek is about to get a whole lot more discs in it.

@jasonc
that is hole 9s(current) basket in the background right?

I'm pumped about FF. When it's complete (concrete tees, signs, baskets) it will be the top Chicagoland course and easily in the top 10 of Illinois courses. Huge variety with the number of combinations that can be played out there. Long or short tee on some or long/short basket. White & Gold layout. Future expansion to make it harder. Marked out of bounds with risk/reward. Can't wait!

253321_10151595214452390_847413124_n.jpg

those fairways are looking great at fairfield! i walked them but havent thrown them. definitely a classic Chuck design. love his courses. the creek is about to get a whole lot more discs in it.

@jasonc
that is hole 9s(current) basket in the background right?

Yes sir....snapped some pics after we finished #13.

The rifleman will be very busy in the creek after the baskets are moved into the new positions. I am very happy to have him out there so I don't have to dive in that muck:sick:.....not that I'm planning to throw in the water.

To help Steve Matul #8 raise some funds for the new course in Oak Brook, we picked up a multitude of Oak Brook fundraiser discs available! 100% of the proceeds are going towards the building of the course. We have 25 star destroyers and we have 25 Glo Roc3s that are pretty flat.

Destroyers $16
Glow Roc 3s: $20

-- Gas station prices to support a good cause!

destroyers-rocs.jpg

Let Skunk or James know if you are interested in one. We will be at Hinsdale for leagues at 6PM this Wednesday.

Ill take two of those glows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts