• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Jus' sayin' might be a bush out there...

Body sized burial bushes? Perhaps.

The prairie grass is the best option. You'll find nothing in that stuff.

I'm sure Count lives close enough to Gary to have much better options for that sort of thing.

Body sized burial bushes? Perhaps.

The prairie grass is the best option. You'll find nothing in that stuff.

I'm sure Count lives close enough to Gary to have much better options for that sort of thing.

There's no place to hide a body in Gary! :rolleyes:

They're all taken already. :|

Blue barrels seem popular around here.:|

sad there's almost no traffic here any more :/. Figured I put this here for anyone interested in playing w/ me when I'm in the area next month:

Making a midwest trip in early-mid Aug for a wedding and to visit family. Will have a significant amount of time slated for DG. Goal is to hit up both new and old courses over the time I'm in the area.
I plan on playing solo but would be pumped to meet up with DGCR'ers at any point along the way. Hit me up if you're local to any and playing the same time as me!

Here is my approximate itinerary:

Fri 8/5: drive from St. Charles, IL to Moline IL. Play Sinnissippi en route. Play Quad Cities course or two in the afternoon/ early evening (Middle Park/ Prospect/ Eastern Ave/ Devil's Glen).

Sat 8/6: wedding. no DG

Sun 8/7: hungover from wedding, head from Moline to Peoria. Play Richmond Hill Park, Baker Hill, Wildlife Prairie on the way.

Mon 8/8:Full day in Peoria. Bradley, Eureka Perm, Eureka Temp, McNaughton, Sunset Hills (at end of day to finish day with beers and food at Mashies in clubhouse).

Tues 8/9:Full day in Peoria. Northwood Blue & Black, Megiddo, Kennel Lake

Weds 8/10: Head from Peoria back to St. Charles. ICC, Washington, Maxwell, Community Park, Shorewood, West Park

Thurs 8/11: Canyons, Highland Park, Round Barn, The Oaks

Fri 8/12: Links at Wheeler Park, Manville Oaks, Jericho

Sat 8/13: Eagle Ridge, Knoch Knolls

Sun 8/14: Rolling Knolls, Walnut Hollow, Fell Pro, Fairfield

^Looks like a great trip!

I don't see the Camden courses listed, if you haven't already played them, you may want to find a way to at least squeeze in Camden II. Keep in mind that Northwoods Black is a monster of a course. It took a lot more energy out of me than a normal 18.

^Looks like a great trip!

I don't see the Camden courses listed, if you haven't already played them, you may want to find a way to at least squeeze in Camden II. Keep in mind that Northwoods Black is a monster of a course. It took a lot more energy out of me than a normal 18.

thanks for the heads up on Northwood Black. I have played the Camden's, II was a great play. it reminded me of a more treacherous Megiddo.

Man, maybe it's been too long since I've played Camden II, but it seems sacrilegious to compare it to Megiddo! :D

I will try to meet you out for a round or two, even though you don't have Summit in the itinerary.

Sat 8/6: wedding. no DG

Sun 8/7: hungover from wedding, head from Moline to Peoria. Play Richmond Hill Park, Baker Hill, Wildlife Prairie on the way.

I know few guys who'd say,
"No wedding. Hungover from disc golf ." :p

Sounds like a great trip. Have a blast!

Looks like an awesome trip. All those Joliet courses were looking great a couple weeks ago.

Looks like an awesome trip. All those Joliet courses were looking great a couple weeks ago.

heck yeah! I'm making sure to go the Canyons during non-prime hours haha. Last time I played there (2-3 years ago) it was a zoo mid afternoon on a summer weekend.

heck yeah! I'm making sure to go the Canyons during non-prime hours haha. Last time I played there (2-3 years ago) it was a zoo mid afternoon on a summer weekend.

Did you play there after the Peoria tournament by any chance? You and two other fellers?

Did you play there after the Peoria tournament by any chance? You and two other fellers?

Likely wasn't me, but a buddy and I did play Canyons in 2019 a day or two before Ledgestone cause it was pouring rain in Peoria but not (yet) in the suburbs. Probably not what you were thinking of.

Hey guys! It's been about 8-10 years since I've been on here! My buddy and I are from the oswego area and we used to meet up and play with some older individuals from this group (WCG, Roman, Allen). I just wanted to say I can't believe this thread is still going and I can't wait to see who responds/how active this still is!

Have a good one guys and see you out there!

Ryan Stilson

Still throwing Tanks old buddy?

Bahaha. I have a box full of them collecting dust but I keep telling myself imma start throwing them again! Hope you guys are all doing good!

Also I can't remember if this is Allan or not but if it is, you better still be using those awesome ridges/summits still!

100% correct on both accounts, ha! :hfive: