• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

So can someone please tell me why i cant make a thread in the market place? Do I need a specific number of posts or what?

Also for everyone in here im looking for early 90's 2-ring aviars from the Worlds biggest disc golf weekend. Any colors work for me.

So can someone please tell me why i cant make a thread in the market place? Do I need a specific number of posts or what?

Also for everyone in here im looking for early 90's 2-ring aviars from the Worlds biggest disc golf weekend. Any colors work for me.

You have to purchase a crown to post in the MP. This rule went into effect a while ago. I think it's 5 or 10 bucks. I can't remember. Nothing to do with post count.

You have to purchase a crown to post in the MP. This rule went into effect a while ago. I think it's 5 or 10 bucks. I can't remember. Nothing to do with post count.

Well that sucks. thanks for letting me know :hfive:

Also side note. I cant wait to play Sandy Point next weekend! By far one of the funnest courses ive thrown

Totally makes sense though. Can never get away from scumbags anywhere. I might just have to purchase it then

Also, you were asking about the old aviars. I think I saw one or two in the collectables bin at aces and chains in Joliet with the worlds biggest stamp. I think they were pink. Might be worth a call to check if u don't find any elsewhere

Also, you were asking about the old aviars. I think I saw one or two in the collectables bin at aces and chains in Joliet with the worlds biggest stamp. I think they were pink. Might be worth a call to check if u don't find any elsewhere

Thank you very much for the help! Appreciate it! Its not like i need them asap but back-ups would be nice:D

So Pieradise was fun. I ended up taking second in Advanced. Had a 4 stroke lead after first round, playing the course totally blind, but wasn't able to shoot as hot second round. The guy that was 6 strokes behind me (James? Jason? God, I'm terrible with names) shot a super hot round (-11) to beat me by one. He started out with a turkey and didn't look back. That kid's putting was on fire. He even threw one in from about 150. It was super fun to watch :)

I'll definitely return to play that course again. Great atmosphere, super fun course, great people. I played dubs after the tourney and aced hole 14. Too bad there wasn't an ace pot for dubs. Barely made it to Bloomington/Normal without falling asleep. Peoria tomorrow!

Yeah it does. It's a one time fee though so that's cool and its supposed to deter some of the scumbags who rip people off on there.

I think it's an annual fee, but still very reasonable.

Nice shooting Roman!!! :thmbup:

New oakbrook is outstanding, nice work to everyone involved in making that happen. Best 9 hole I think I've ever played!

Sorry to b such a jerk but Take some notes MW disc golf...otherwise leave the course making to the people who know what they're doing!

It truly makes me happy to know that everyone likes the course so much (Oak Brook). If you ask me, The whole point of designing/installing a course is to make it enjoyable for you as well as everyone else while providing room for the player to grow. Otherwise, what's the point?

The only thing that upsets me about this whole ordeal is that somebody is trying to take credit for something that they did not do. I don't know how or why they would even attempt something like that knowing that they have nothing to back it up. We all know who it is and I need not speak of their name.

I'm very happy that I was able to get #8 on board. Without his engineering skills and building techniques, the course would not have been done as fast or as aesthetically pleasing.

What you guys need to do next, is build a bridge over the pond. :)

So Pieradise was fun. I ended up taking second in Advanced. Had a 4 stroke lead after first round, playing the course totally blind, but wasn't able to shoot as hot second round. The guy that was 6 strokes behind me (James? Jason? God, I'm terrible with names) shot a super hot round (-11) to beat me by one. He started out with a turkey and didn't look back. That kid's putting was on fire. He even threw one in from about 150. It was super fun to watch :)

I'll definitely return to play that course again. Great atmosphere, super fun course, great people. I played dubs after the tourney and aced hole 14. Too bad there wasn't an ace pot for dubs. Barely made it to Bloomington/Normal without falling asleep. Peoria tomorrow!
It was Jason Labella. He shot a 49, one stroke off the course record set by Barry Schultz.

What you guys need to do next, is build a bridge over the pond. :)

Doubtful. Talked with Steve about that in the beginning. A bridge (that would last) to span that distance would have to be a lot bigger than a lot of people would think. It just wasn't in the budget. Sure you could put a foot bridge across it, but that wouldn't be as safe, nor would it stand the water rising after a lot of rain.

Maybe some big walking stones? At least you can get across when the water level is at normal.

That's what I was thinking but I'm sure that's an insurance liability in this day and age.

Can't wait to get back out there, love the multiple tee pads. Whoever had the idea
To put bricks down instead of those garbage rubber pads they have at summit that suck when wet.. Thank you!

Also, The astro turf is pretty slick as well. Thank you!

A course donation box like they have at grey fox wouldn't be a bad idea? $1 per person for the day or whatever people can afford would def help long term with helping maintaining or adding to the awesomeness. At least IMO :)