• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great thing to do on Fathersday!! I will be playing Gray Fox Sunday mornning with my dad and my son. Hope the weather is good. It will most likely be there late mornning. Anyone else playing there sunday?

Lake eureka, 1PM today, I'll be there.

Damn, I'm jealous. I grew up in Eureka and that is where I learned to play. Fantastic course. Do you get out there often?

I guess I'll just have to live with playing doubles at Oakbrook today (read: disappointing my partner in ways he did not know were possible :doh:).

Last edited:
Damn, I'm jealous. I grew up in Eureka and that is where I learned to play. Fantastic course. Do you get out there often?

I guess I'll just have to live with playing doubles at Oakbrook today (read: disappointing my partner in ways he did not know were possible :doh:).

Never been there, just passing through. Just playing the one course in il, then I'll be in ia.

How you liking those discs penguin

I'm really digging that first run flick. It's got a nice soft feel, almost gummy -- it feels great in my hand. My home course is Oakbrook so it gets a really nice work out (forehand tee shots on 2, 3, 6 and 8 -- backhand tee shot on hole 4).

I learned disc golf as a forehand player and only started working on a backhand about a year ago. It's cringe-worthy, man. I really am the worst kind of noob. If I ever get my mechanics straightened out I'm gonna love that cheetah, but right now I spray my backhand everywhere. Sometimes I yank it, sometimes I turn and burn it, sometimes it flips up perfectly and flexes out, sometimes I just let go early and lose it left.

You should come out to Oakbrook leagues some time and teach me how to throw it like a proper disc golfer instead of a clumsy lunging giraffe.

I'm looking forward to doubles tonight! Mosquitos should be plentiful too with the rain that we got yesterday. I can't wait to try my new bug spray too! If it works for a 3rd time....I'm sold!

Now it's time to do some yard work. :cool:

I'm thinking of heading over to Shady Oaks in Streamwood and Black Bear Park in Hoffman Estates this morning. It's a gorgeous day and it'd be a shame to waste it. I'll probably be getting to Shady Oaks at 9:00 if anyone is interested in meeting for a round or two.

Shameless plug fellas... Register by the 27th and get a Dry-Fit Polo in your AM Player's Pack...

Springfield Disc Golf Club will be hosting two tournaments on the July 4th weekend at Lincoln Park in Springfield, IL - 36 holes of disc golf in the same park for two days in a row - Lincoln North and Lincoln South.

SDGC - Throw Hard

TALKdg.com's Lincoln Penny Toss - XC Sanctioned Alternate Shot Doubles on July 2nd.

Register here: http://discgolfclub.org/proshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=936

PARAGON's the Mother Lode on the Mother Road - B-Tier on July 3rd.

Register here: http://discgolfclub.org/proshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=937

As always online registration is @ no additional cost. Meet the pre-reg deadline and Amateurs get a custom dry-fit polo in their players packs for the Sunday B-tier.

ChainP-e1307078067966.jpg

Design on Back of Player Pack Polo - Shirt will be White and Maroon

MotherLodePolo.jpg

Front of Player Pack Polo w/ Color Embroidered Patch

motherlodeflyer-1.jpg

Back to regular programming...

I REALLY wanna do the Doubles tournament but I'll be outta town... Some of the Illianasconsinigan members NEED to put together some super groups and handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.