• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indy & Cincinnati

ajluty

Hello Everyone,

My friends and I are on year 11 of our annual disc golf trip. Home is Milwaukee, WI and this year we've decided to take a road trip through Indianapolis to Cincinnati. Below are the courses we've currently got planned. Looking for suggestions on which courses we should add or drop. We are average to slightly above average players looking for fun, memorable courses that are in decent shape. Don't mind a little challenge, but we don't have monster arms. Idlewild looks challenging, but we have to play it!

6/9/16
George Washington Park - Indianapolis, IN
Brookside Park - Indianapolis, IN
Cedar Sentinels - Aurora, IN
Looking to play a night round somewhere in the Cincy area. Any suggestions? Volunteers to guide?

6/10/16
Idlewild - Burlington, KY
Lincoln Ridge - Independence, KY

6/11/16
Dunham Rec Center - Cincinnati, OH
Mt. Airy Forest - Cincinnati, OH (I think there is a tournament going on that day. Not sure if we can still play???)
Heritage Park - Cincinnati, OH
William Harbin Park - Fairfield, OH

6/12/16
DISC @ Fall Creek - Lawrence, IN
Probably hit up a course near Lafayette, IN on the way home. Was thinking Murdock Park or Wabash Washout.

Osage Grove DGC is another possibility during our trip. What do you guys think!?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Osage Grove DGC is another possibility during our trip. What do you guys think!?

I'd remove Heritage and Harbin to play Osage Grove, the rest of the Cincy area plan looks good, imo.

^This.
I would play Osage Grove in the morning and Dunham on the way to Mt Airy.
Open and Advanced will play Mt Airy in the morning and Lincoln Ridge in the afternoon for The Cincinnati Big Three.

If you want to make Dunham a little more interesting, play the tall grass OB. Just take a stroke and play it where it lands. The course is very open.

I hope you have a great trip...
If I not working I could do some guiding for you.

C'mon guys! Nobody gonna recommend Reserves Park? :D

Seriously, you have a good looking itinerary. Note that Old Bassman (Shawn) mentioned the Nati Big Three tourney that will be taking place during your visit, so be sure to schedule around the crowds (unless of course you want to play!)

It's nice that you do recognize the big 3, now maybe are 5: Mt. Airy, Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, Osage Grove & even Cedar Sentinels are all worthy of a play for folks in from out of town. My personal next tier courses would be Williamsburg, (William) Harbin, Dunham, Monroe, Turtlecreek & Cabin Creek (when available), but be sure you try out the first five! Enjoy!

I noticed the tourney taking place Sat/Sun, which is a big reason we're trying to get Idlewild and Lincoln Ridge in on Friday. Would those two courses fill up the whole day? We're thinking about catching the Reds game that night.

Thanks for the suggestion on Osage. I think I will add that to Saturday's itinerary instead of Harbin and Heritage.

Is it cool to play night rounds? If so, suggestions on a safe park to play at night?

Skip Heritage for sure. I personally like Harbin (more than Dunham), especially if you're already in the area.

Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild will more than likely be more than enough for one day,

night golf is rare here, as most parks close at dusk.

I'd skip Indy and play Idlewild, Lincoln and Mt Airy more than once near/in Cincy.

I wonder if you could play a night round on one of the state park courses east of town, if you were staying at the campground?...

I know some douche canoes who snuck onto Winton at Midnight for a glow round. We They were probably breaking the law though.

I think they actually run a couple glow nights at winton, during the summer. I did a search but couldn't find any info.

I know some douche canoes who snuck onto Winton at Midnight for a glow round. We They were probably breaking the law though.

I have no problem doing that. As long as we're in a good part of town and we wouldn't get hassled too much by the cops if we got caught.

We're going to be staying closer to the airport. Is Boone Woods a decent option for a glow round? We'll provide the lights if anyone wants to be our guide!

That would be a good course for glo but I think you'll need permission. I don't know of any park here that allows people in after dark without permission.