• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innocent Bystanders

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
Idk what to search to find how to deal with these random people that seem to always be in the way for my shots.

Usually at public parks, especially on the weekend, I expect to run into the normal couple people, or groups in the way. Like bridges, picnic tables, little runners for cross country, the usual. Let's say they are in the fairway, take notice to your words and don't care.

How do you get rid of the anxious feeling before throwing? I tend to throw poorly when people are in the way or near where my shot is intended. Is there a method to ease that feeling I get? Cause with fall approaching there is WAY more people at the park. I live in Texas so, when the heat drops from 1000° people usually go to the park for barbecues and usually have hoards of people.

Don't throw at or near people. Problem solved.

If it is a public park, they have as much right to be there as you do.

this

I know how you feel. Creekside Park in Archdale is a multi-use park and the DG course intersects the walking trail many times. You just have to be patient and sometimes willing to skip a hole or two.

I almost jumped a guy that was running the DG course like a trail. The DG course goes deep into the woods so you get used to being by yourself and to hear running footsteps coming from behind you all of a sudden makes me jumpy.

Last edited:
In a public park they have as much right to use the land as you do. Especially if there are walking trails, picnic tables, etc right there. I tend to avoid these kinds of courses, particularly if I know it's going to be crowded. It's the park's fault for laying out the course this way.

To get to the original question, the best thing to do is give a polite "heads up" to to try to get their attention. If they refuse to pay attention, skip the hole or play super safe to avoid hitting them.

I kindly inform them that they are in the middle of a Disc Golf course, and are placing themselves in a potentially dangerous situation. Most people don't realize the danger that they are in and will vacate the area when told. If not, just skip that hole and move on.

Usually I skip the holes, but the people I play with don't like doing so and it ruins their game, thusly ruining my game due to their complaining.

Usually I skip the holes, but the people I play with don't like doing so and it ruins their game, thusly ruining my game due to their complaining.

What would you rather ruin; your game, or the existence of the disc golf course and potentially your savings from the resulting lawsuit?

i throw horrible if there are people/cars/ice sculptures/bunnies or anything near to being in danger. i can't shake the feeling. i generally skip to a more secure hole if there's doubt.

Perhaps that anxious feeling you get is due to the fact that you know you shouldn't be throwing at people? Perhaps......

Take a deep breath before throwing and remind yourself that you've done this before. Calming one's nerves makes it easier to hit your target. In this case, the people or the basket, depends on how you're feeling.

In a public park they have as much right to use the land as you do. Especially if there are walking trails, picnic tables, etc right there. I tend to avoid these kinds of courses, particularly if I know it's going to be crowded. It's the park's fault for laying out the course this way.

To get to the original question, the best thing to do is give a polite "heads up" to to try to get their attention. If they refuse to pay attention, skip the hole or play super safe to avoid hitting them.

I kindly inform them that they are in the middle of a Disc Golf course, and are placing themselves in a potentially dangerous situation. Most people don't realize the danger that they are in and will vacate the area when told. If not, just skip that hole and move on.

All of the above. Especially thrembo's comment.

Perhaps that anxious feeling you get is due to the fact that you know you shouldn't be throwing at people? Perhaps......

Lol! I wouldn't put people in danger if I didn't have to.

But sometimes it's cars, buildings, fences, horses, pretty much anything due to it being texas and people being crazy. I was more so wondering how to calm nerves in general. Ahhhh, Idk. I'm crazy lol

Are you in an abusive relationship with your regular 4some? You can tell us. This is a safe space.

At my home course, the tee for basket 9 has a road about fifteen-twenty feet away that runs parallel to the fairway where people will park their cars all the time to just sit. Literally, they sit in their cars or lean up against them to talk to one another. It always gets to me that I might hit one of their cars and it always throws me off my drive.

At my home course, the tee for basket 9 has a road about fifteen-twenty feet away that runs parallel to the fairway where people will park their cars all the time to just sit. Literally, they sit in their cars or lean up against them to talk to one another. It always gets to me that I might hit one of their cars and it always throws me off my drive.

Basically what I'm talking about, at Lake Lewisville, the parking lot, and road is on the right of hole 13/14 and one of those you have to do a hard hyzer spike around the corner. And if the cars park on the wrong side of the street it will always throw me off and I can't ever put my disc where it needs to be, so I try the straight shot with a hard hyzer fade for a skip and always hit one of the 15 trees and it skips out to the parking lot. It's nerve-wracking

Latest posts