• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Backpack Bag

Well Innova bought him a touring RV for tourneys so how could he say no. I would guess he is gonna have a hand in the design.

So I talked to my local dealer and he heard about some people saying it's just a Magellan bag and he was interested to find out.

He called Innova and talked to them, they assured him it's not the same material and they also have some type of warranty in place though I can't remember what kind. I'm sure most of you will say Innova is lying and yada yada, so take it's for what it's worth. Or you can say the dealer made it up as a sales pitch even though he knows any bag I'd get would be online and not from him.

I'm interested to see if Innova will have a completely new design for the McBeth signature edition.

Or if they will use the same type of design that other companies have.

McBeth posted a photo on his Facebook, of what looks to be his future signature backpack.

I just looked on his Facebook and didn't see any images of him with a new innova bag. The only thing I saw was a ITB/Q&A video from the start of April and he had a pink Grip bag.

h6vfG0h.jpg

It looks like its made of better material and overall nicer. I wonder what the price will be

Haha not sure how you're able to glean that at all personally. Looks damn near exactly the same... Like grip might've made it for them...

Looks like there's one of these in each players pack for the Charlotte Amateur Championship. Something tells me I'll wind up with the Paradox Color Scheme. (Neon Cammo)

So FWIW, we got these in the CAC players back, so I thought I'd chime in with my take on it.

I'm 6-3 250, and it's a very comfortable carry, fits my frame great. It's stable on the ground, stands up and isn't really too prone to tipping. Probably going to wind up being about average in the durability department.

The disc storage well is amply sized, access to it, especially if it's maxed, is OK not great. Putter pocket is on the lower front, holds 3 putters pretty easily, and holds 2 well enough that they don't just jump out.

The top storage pockets are part of the issue with accessing the disc well. If you jam them with stuff, it'll make getting discs in/out a little less than ideal. 2 drink holders should manage 32 oz.

The side pockets are decent, again not great, I'm not sure you could fit a hoodie in them, I doubt it but I haven't tried yet.

I should probably do more 'testing' to do a better 'review.' This is the first backpack bag I've had, I usually use a cart except on really cart-un-friendly layouts, so I don't really know what all the key points to "test" are. (Not even sure what the umbrella holding capacity is, for example.) And I've only had it on the course twice.

Considering I didn't really pay anything for it, it's awesome. I feel like it's a pretty solid bag for the price point, which I believe is about $100.

How are these things holding up?
Now that they have been out a while, what does everyone think?

I have a new one in the bag I picked up from a players pack, and I am trying to decide if it would be good for my wife as a tourney bag.
(Read, more storage for stuff and discs than her grip c14)

Or should I just leave it in the bag and save it for a raffle prize.

How are these things holding up?
Now that they have been out a while, what does everyone think?

I have a new one in the bag I picked up from a players pack, and I am trying to decide if it would be good for my wife as a tourney bag.
(Read, more storage for stuff and discs than her grip c14)

Or should I just leave it in the bag and save it for a raffle prize.

It would be fine for her if you replace the stock side supports with the corrugated plastic mod, then it will hold it's shape instead of caving in. A guy I know has one and has left it stock -- the sides cave in towards the center as though it has no side supports at all. The cp mod supports the back and sides, and if you add a u-frame as well it'll hold the sides in place better and give it an even better overall structure.

It would be fine for her if you replace the stock side supports with the corrugated plastic mod, then it will hold it's shape instead of caving in. A guy I know has one and has left it stock -- the sides cave in towards the center as though it has no side supports at all. The cp mod supports the back and sides, and if you add a u-frame as well it'll hold the sides in place better and give it an even better overall structure.

This. The corrugated frame I put in my Magellan has made it much easier to use than my buddies w/o one. And since these are essentially the same bags, it will do the same for the Innova.

One thing I did notice about the Innova backpack is that it has a lot more stitching where the straps connect to the back vs. the Magellan.

One thing I did notice about the Innova backpack is that it has a lot more stitching where the straps connect to the back vs. the Magellan.

That's good to hear. Looking it over in a local shop, it really did appear to just be a Magellan with an Innova badge slapped on. If you're looking at $90 vs $30 for a logo? No, thanks. But if they truly did improve on some of the Magellan's weaknesses (poor stitching, weak zippers, weak elastic) than the price might be slightly more justified. However, I will still recommend anyone looking at a Hero bag pony up an extra $20-$40 for a Fossa, DD, or UPD.

Those are all good points. I really have never looked too closely at the Innova backpack because it looks just like the Magellan I have sitting here. I just quickly looked today and noticed the extra stitching.
The Innova was also marked $69.99. I don't know if that is the current retail price or just the price at the pias I was in.

Latest posts