• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Krait-Approved

im looking for a good sidearm distance driver right now. any word on how it is with sidearm or should i just get a dx destroyer like i was planning?

ps. i dont have a very powerful forehand

Go get yourself a Nuke SS in a 170 weight.

Once you start flicking further, get a Nuke 170 weight.

Go get yourself a Nuke SS in a 170 weight.

Once you start flicking further, get a Nuke 170 weight.

i can throw my nuke ss farther than my nuke.....save your money...if you can throw a nuke ss and it works for you stick with it....

A disc with flight characteristics between a wraith and archon. To be honest, I have both in the bag, and I use them for the same shots, with the archon being the more finese end of the spectrum. I don't really see this disc changing the game. Maybe it'll be great, maybe it'll go unnoticed. It's a coin flip for innova.:|

A disc with flight characteristics between a wraith and archon. To be honest, I have both in the bag, and I use them for the same shots, with the archon being the more finese end of the spectrum. I don't really see this disc changing the game. Maybe it'll be great, maybe it'll go unnoticed. It's a coin flip for innova.:|

It's pretty much a coin flip when any disc company releases a disc. You might have great tests with the disc but it hits the market and flops. I bet people complained when the teebird came out but now it's an Innova staple.

I'm always excited to try something new. I'll pick one up and if it doesnt work ill see it to someone here in the marketplace.

right now i mainly use a 175g champ teebird for sidearm and average 250-300ft. at what distances would you recommend moving up to faster discs? sorry about going off topic, but this is really useful because im pretty new.

wait till you can get it to 350 consistently, then get an S-PD

Now, what we need to get going, is a company that will mix Innova, Discraft, AND Latitude Molds. :D

I agree with the DX stamp, that might look cool. This disc doesn't look bad.. I'm not going to buy one though.

Def. not between the Wraith and Archon

I know that Champ material should be more stable than star, but there is just no way this disc falls where Innova says it does on its disc chart. My CFR Krait flies more like a new Destroyer then what Innova says it should fly like. After my first game throwing this disc I would rate mine at a 11 5 0 3. I have a med strength throw and had to release this disc either completely flat or with a very slight anny to keep it from going hyzer out of my hand. After that, it flies straight and long with a pretty good fade at the end of flight.

now that ive put them up next to eachother it doesnt look exactly like a destroyer top but its close. i dont have any wraiths to compare it to but maybe thats what it is. here is a pic of a krait and destroyer.
IMG_36501.jpg

look eerily close but the krait seems to have more of a dip before the dome comes up.... could be just the lighting though.

I have one more for sale if anyone is interested! click on thread #1 in my signature.

Looks like a mix of a Wraith and a TD. Has that convex underside to the wing like a roadrunner.

I find my CFR Krait to fly pretty much identical to my beat champ Wraith. Maybe a touch less fade. Can't wait to beat it up a little.

I know that Champ material should be more stable than star, but there is just no way this disc falls where Innova says it does on its disc chart. My CFR Krait flies more like a new Destroyer then what Innova says it should fly like. After my first game throwing this disc I would rate mine at a 11 5 0 3. I have a med strength throw and had to release this disc either completely flat or with a very slight anny to keep it from going hyzer out of my hand. After that, it flies straight and long with a pretty good fade at the end of flight.

I just got one in the mail yesterday and took it out to the field for some tests, I agree with you 100%. It would fly straight for a while and then crank very hard left at the end. Just to make sure it wasnt just my noodle arm I had my son throw it and he has a good arm. When he threw it with some hyzer it would flip flat go straight and at the end it would crank left very hard. I like the disc but i feel it does not match the numbers they gave it. I hope the standard runs are more closer to the numbers assigned to it.

Latest posts