• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

Just for fun a have started to test the NOVA as a putter and it´s annoying good . . .no one seems to use the NOVA as a putter but i actually like it.

When Barsby first moved back to Innova a few years ago, he putted with it. There's coverage out there somewhere. i think it's the 2015 St. Jude Charity Invitational.

Just for fun a have started to test the NOVA as a putter and it´s annoying good . . .no one seems to use the NOVA as a putter but i actually like it.

I've used them as a putter and as an approach disc. I just love how straight it is to putt with. I tried few rounds putting with the Proxy but that isn't as straight as a putting putter and I had too many spit outs. Nova's outter rim catches chains so much better.

My Buddy putts with the Nova sometimes - I did too once - Its not my favorite feel or plastic but it flies nice and straight on putts. Would be cool to see a Nova in different plastics if that were possible -

Used the NOVA as a putter for a month now.

On long putts the NOVA is absolutely GREAT, i can commit to the putt and if i miss the disc just lands flat and stops. . .i have made more long putts than ever before. . the fact that the NOVA holds a straight flight even when it slows down makes it perfect for long straight putts

On shorter putts it totally ok, but i´m going to try something like a AVIAR XT just to compare

Used the NOVA as a putter for a month now.

On long putts the NOVA is absolutely GREAT, i can commit to the putt and if i miss the disc just lands flat and stops. . .i have made more long putts than ever before. . the fact that the NOVA holds a straight flight even when it slows down makes it perfect for long straight putts

On shorter putts it totally ok, but i´m going to try something like a AVIAR XT just to compare

Agreed with everything you said. I have been using for about a month and half. I like the stiff plate with the softer edge, which does a good job at grabbing the chains, but a better job landing and not skipping much.

I tried the Nova for putting a long time ago. Putted okay, but just didn't feel right in the hand with that large overmold. I would cut my fingers on the compass points when I tried to use it for throwing/driving. So now I use Novas to warm up and get my form right at the range.

I tried the Nova for putting a long time ago. Putted okay, but just didn't feel right in the hand with that large overmold. I would cut my fingers on the compass points when I tried to use it for throwing/driving. So now I use Novas to warm up and get my form right at the range.

Same reason I have never used a Nova, large overmold and I have small hands. The four connect points on the Atlas is why I have not used that overmold disc for a midrange.

My Buddy putts with the Nova sometimes - I did too once - Its not my favorite feel or plastic but it flies nice and straight on putts. Would be cool to see a Nova in different plastics if that were possible -

Seems like a KC Pro/R-Pro molded Nova could be made or a Pro/R-Pro made. In both cases the R-Pro is the Rubbery overmold part just like in the XT version.

Strange to me that all the AVIARs is PDGA approved at "Center Height 2,0cm" but the NOVA is at 2,7cm. . .so if the NOVA is a AVIAR why the BIG difference in height?

Strange to see Nikko throw the NOVA at Samui Swine Classic. .

I´m still sticking with the NOVA both for putt & approach. . but i started to use Glow NOVAs really like them

Strange to see Nikko throw the NOVA at Samui Swine Classic. .

I´m still sticking with the NOVA both for putt & approach. . but i started to use Glow NOVAs really like them

I've got a regular Nova and a fresher glow in the bag, definitely dig both. The glow is maybe a touch more stable but still very neutral. Someone earlier in the thread asked which Aviar the Nova is closest to in feel, and I find it most similar to the P2 in hand due to their similar depth. P2 is understandably way more stable.

Maybe it's because I'm still in the honeymoon phase but the nova seems like magic. I just got done yard testing it for 100-150ft upshots and it's has a very unique flight compared to any other putter I've thrown. It's like a baby comet. So responsive and touchy, capable of flying far with very minimal power. I accidentally threw it dead straight 250-275' with a full reach back stand still.

I've got a regular Nova and a fresher glow in the bag, definitely dig both. The glow is maybe a touch more stable but still very neutral. Someone earlier in the thread asked which Aviar the Nova is closest to in feel, and I find it most similar to the P2 in hand due to their similar depth. P2 is understandably way more stable.

For Nova the closest Innova disc is not an Aviar but a Whale due to how deep they are. I had picked up a Whale and Nova production run at a Walmart and the Aviar is is not close. I tried a classic Aviar and nope , even tried a Avair P&A nope.

For Nova the closest Innova disc is not an Aviar but a Whale due to how deep they are. I had picked up a Whale and Nova production run at a Walmart and the Aviar is is not close. I tried a classic Aviar and nope , even tried a Avair P&A nope.

The Whale is the same height as the Aviar, has a V-tech bottom piece, and a bead...

Latest posts