• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Nova

I held a Nova last week and it wasn't that bad feeling in the hand. I was almost tempted enough to buy one.

The Nova is the #1 disc I would suggest if you want to learn proper back hand form..... if you can throw that disc straight in any wind you can throw anything with control.

How about I send you some $ and you send me one with your signature, you would help make a better disc golfer!
In exchange, I will dedicate myself at throwing it in the wind, and once I succeed, I will post a video of my improved NovaForm!
Can't go wrong with such an offer.

So I put my nova back in the bag for up shots. I am so happy. Wizards are still my putting putter, but the Nova is just by far a better up shot disc. So much more workable. I love it all over again.

How is the rim depth on the Nova? I need a disc for forehand approaches that isn't as stable as my Suspect. I put with Judges but I like something with a bit shallower rim for touch approaches.

How is the rim depth on the Nova? I need a disc for forehand approaches that isn't as stable as my Suspect. I put with Judges but I like something with a bit shallower rim for touch approaches.

The Nova is not the disc you want. It's both deeper (at least it feels deeper) than the Suspect and stable (neutral). A Pro Rhyno or Axiom Envy would probably be want you want.

i finally broke down and bought a nova today, that and a comet. i'd been holding off for so long because it's so incredibly and truly ugly looking, but after watching mcbeth throw this thing and watching it gently land under the basket like a gosh damn ufo made me finally break...

i bought this and a comet purely to warm-up pre round to calibrate my form before i start playing. was super impressed with how the nova flew though and think i'll actually bag this for a driving/approach putter.

i finally broke down and bought a nova today, that and a comet. i'd been holding off for so long because it's so incredibly and truly ugly looking, but after watching mcbeth throw this thing and watching it gently land under the basket like a gosh damn ufo made me finally break...

i bought this and a comet purely to warm-up pre round to calibrate my form before i start playing. was super impressed with how the nova flew though and think i'll actually bag this for a driving/approach putter.

That's what Ive been using one for and it's pretty legit, the one i use seems to have a decent fade to it though. I may try a 160's one to see if it will better hold the line

I tried some random disc golfer's Nova on the course this week.. the rim IS deep (too deep for me, had some late releases with it) and the knuckles are annoying + make it look like a cheap toy. I threw it few times and it flew very nicely.. it goes straight pretty easily (most neutral putters do..) and holds lines well.

I picked up some from the used bin and it has been my go to approach disc ever since. No need for hyzer lines, just throw it straight and set it up close to the pin.

InnovaNovaPro2_zpscf032bcb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What is everyone's favorite weight for the Nova?
I have a 169 that's my main putter now.

The nova is a big part of my game. My strength is my upshot accuracy. Inside 150' my goal is to be left with a drop in every time. And I have a couple different shots that I rely on to do that. The key is to reduce variables. No matter how you throw more variables=more difficulty. I don't like having to factor the extra variable of skip aways unless I'm skipping around something to get close. That is why the Nova is now one of my best weapons- it does not skip! Even if I throw a hyzer, it sticks where it lands. Taking a good run is easier, too, because it stops so quickly if you go by. And it has the stability to drive with also. Great disc. Won't be coming out of the bag anytime soon.

So we were in the shop and my wife saw the Nova. I personally think it looks weird, but she was attracted to it and had to buy it. She's been putting with a soft Magnet for as long as she's played, and has never really been happy with it.

She's loving the Nova. She sank a thirty footer yesterday, and was hitting the basket on almost all her putts. The Nova stuck on some putts that I'm certain wouldn't have if it were any other putter. And it is ridiculously straight for her. She uses a Roc typically for approaches, but the Nova is point and shoot, so she was just killing it. Got more pars than ever before, and had probably the best round she's ever had, and I have to say it was probably due in large part to the Nova.

When I first saw the disc, I thought it was ugly and felt terrible. Then I threw it. I've never see a disc that goes so straight for such a long distance. It's a point and shoot disc from 1-250 (didn't test any farther than that). It just locks into a straight line and hovers to the ground. It holds the line well too, but I liked it more as a straight disc.

I was skeptical, mainly because of the weird look and clunky feel, but I got over the former and used to the latter quickly. How could you not with such a sweet flight?