• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Sonic

Superhero is bigger with more float. I carry a Superhero and my sons plays the Sonic. Both have the flight rings and have comparable feel. The size of the two is the biggest difference.

ive witnessed a few sonics break...theyre infamous for it:doh:

/troll lol

The SuperSonic is really cool. Awesome gummy Champ plastic but the downside is, they're like 121g. Definitely a touch disc, lol.

I've only thrown a Sonic one time in my life. It hit my friend in the back of his head. Whoops.

Innova sonic

Any one who wants to know about the sonic it's a great hyper flip putter for tunnel shots at low to mid speed and will flip up to flat after a little usage ,is what I have found to be useful for crazy approaches to get out of the woods or short range drives

Is the Supersonic the same mold that is used for DX Sonics? It's one of the most fun discs to throw! I mostly use it for playing catch but occasionally I might use it off the tee or floaty approaches. I think it's PDGA approved but can someone confirm this?

Is the Supersonic the same mold that is used for DX Sonics? It's one of the most fun discs to throw! I mostly use it for playing catch but occasionally I might use it off the tee or floaty approaches. I think it's PDGA approved but can someone confirm this?

Try this www.google.com

I've used it in the past to look up info a few times. Seems pretty good. 🐸

The Super Sonic is basically just a Sonic molded in a dog bite resistant Champ style plastic. The Sonic is approved so I don't know why the Super Sonic wouldn't be. It certainly doesn't violate the weight or flex test.

Try this www.google.com

I've used it in the past to look up info a few times. Seems pretty good. ��

I agree, it's often a good site to look for information. However I haven't found if it really is approved. The Hero Disc Type 235 mold is an approved mold and there's "Hero235/Innova06" engraved on the bottom of my Super Sonic. On the PDGA approved list though, the diameter of the Hero 235 is 23,7cm which is not the diameter of the of the Super Sonic. So, I'm wondering if it is actually made of the Innova Sonic mold, which would make it approved for PDGA play but I'm not certain if it is. There are a lot of people with knowledge here so I thought about asking. Sorry if it seemed like a stupid question, I'll try to improve my googling skills.

The Super Sonic is basically just a Sonic molded in a dog bite resistant Champ style plastic. The Sonic is approved so I don't know why the Super Sonic wouldn't be. It certainly doesn't violate the weight or flex test.

Thanks for the information! If it's Sonic mold then I would think it is approved. Does the Sonic have the same Hero engraving on the bottom side?

10311514202_zps0aevm44y.jpg

10311514192_zps9w4y67ew.jpg

1031151416b2_zpsyo3arl1x.jpg

10311514172_zps2cpmbfzo.jpg

Originally, I started with the Sonic bc I wanted a putter I could throw as lightly as possible. I was still new to putting and didn't want to risk missing big. As I've gotten better, I've stuck with the Sonic out of habit and mostly because I don't have to putt with my legs as much as everyone else. I can use a "playing card flick" style of wrist flick from hip height to get the thing going with minimal other movement. For me, less movement means less that can go wrong.

Yeah they do crack. I cycle mine.
Yeah they are tough in the wind. Although I find I can keep them low and minimize wind with what Dave Dunipace calls the "Snake Strike" putt.

They are actually decent for extremely light touch forehand anny approach shots.
They are the best straddle putter for hills I've ever used. It takes such little "pop" to get them going.
I've never had issues with Sonics spitting back out. But I'm a Touch Putter, so I don't rifle mine into the basket.

When they stopped making them above 150 class, I called a bunch of places and gobbled up all that I could. I have 16 of them. ��

I laugh at the innova site every time I look at the Sonic page. It says "The Sonic, based on the Hero 235, is a new putt and approach disc. This disc has a comfortable low profile grip with great thumb traction." :|

The disc has been out for a decade. Time to update the page, dude.

Thy probably figure your the only one reading it lol.