• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is base plastic necessary?

i have only shot champion discs....now i am curious. Did they make dx grooves?

DX roc is the best. No need for your silly champ ROC3 or what ever the hell that thing is.

DX= best hazard disc ever. Unless you have a Groove handy. If you don't, I know a PIAS that has 20+ of them!

Yup. Just too purty.

Haha, this seems to be my buddy's philosophy too. He has gl and opto versions of everything in his bag, including the bolt and halo, but he can't throw his pures without noob hyzering or turning and burning.

It just seems like every new company produces more expensive plastic discs first and I wanted to know if that's a quality decision or a business decision.

It just seems like every new company produces more expensive plastic discs first and I wanted to know if that's a quality decision or a business decision.

Probably a little of both. New players tend to gravitate towards durable, shiny plastic, and there's lots of money to be made there. Base plastic has less obvious desirable qualities that have already been discussed in this thread, but it doesn't have the wow factor of GL or Neutron/Eclipse discs.

I've always used DX and Pro putters with a smattering of baseline in my mids and drivers. X Nukes and Pro Destroyers are some of the easiest discs to bomb for big D out there.

I prefer to buy a disc that flies the way i like right out the gate than to cycle base plastic. I do however miss the benefits of grip and glide that most base plastics provide.

I carry premium in every disc I throw, except for wizards, and, for some reason, eagles. I just love a DX eagle. I don't own a base plastic mid, and I have over 100 discs. Well, I take that back, I just ordered a Ghost in each plastic they offer.

Certain discs like teebirds, eagles, and rocs, are just fantastic in dx...Plus, I saved a lot of money and was able to try a lot of discs at the start...

Latest posts